Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I was totally counting to get a pair on sale too... not sure which CW either cuz I was gonna decide after they released them all.  Guess I'll just buy the next good-looking one and return it if I see a better CW.

I loved the XX8's design since day one. However I don't like every colorway, which is why I passed on the green camo and went with the Black pair. I love the red camo, blue camo, the elephant print and most of all, I like the Bamboo camo colorway more than all of them. I paid for my pair yesterday and will pick them up for the store today. I only paid $200 including taxes, because my son was able to use his employees discount for me.

P.S. I got a chance to take pictures of a camouflage colorway that hasn't been posted online. I posted them to my Instagram account. You can check this colorway out there. My username is mintunderground or you can click here:

http://instagram.com/mintunderground

The box said Black/White
Style: 584832-001

Corporate is asking my peoples to send these back to corporate for some reason. I don't know if they were supposed to get this shipment or not.

Oh yeah, I have a online music store, but I like to post pictures of my shoes too. You will have to dig deep to see some of my personal shoe collections. All pictures and scans were done by me.

Last edited:
Well these "Uggs for men" just sold out everywhere for 250. And to base the success of a shoe on wether or not a reseller can sell with a 50 dollar profit. Lol. Ill let the forum speculate what type of shoe buyer you are. Also I doubt they restock this color with all the other colorways planned.

Your right. It's a wrap on the black stealth and green camo when they are gone. Wait for next color way to drop lol

I loved the XX8's design since day one. However I don't like every colorway, which is why I passed on the green camo and went with the Black pair. I love the red camo, blue camo, the elephant print and most of all, I like the Bamboo camo colorway more than all of them. I paid for my pair yesterday and will pick them up for the store today. I only paid $200 including taxes, because my son used his employees discount for me.
I didn't really like the green camo either but to each his own. Black stealths are crazy got the nice translucent sole and green camo had regular white sole. But blue camo are robo copped and I am actually feeling the bamboos too those sick.

I don't see how these sold out so quickly. Doesnt make sense. These had negative press ever since they were announced because of the price and the appearance. I feel like they were released in limited numbers so it would appear they sold out just to create buzz in the industry. It appears to have worked because we're all talking about them. Nike isn't stupid though... its all about marketing and public relations. I expect more stock to eventually trickle in to the stores before the next color ways release.

By the way.. Eastbay still has the green camo.

Last edited:
Glad I was able to cop off Eastbay this morning.  To all the haters...these are a BASKETBALL shoe.  They aren't meant to rock casually.  You need some J's to wear with your jeans?  Grab some Retro's.  JB is designing the new Air Jordan year in and year out for performance and innovation.  You don't like? Don't buy.  Simple as that. 

Glad I was able to cop off Eastbay this morning.  To all the haters...these are a BASKETBALL shoe.  They aren't meant to rock casually.  You need some J's to wear with your jeans?  Grab some Retro's.  JB is designing the new Air Jordan year in and year out for performance and innovation.  You don't like? Don't buy.  Simple as that. 

So the III IV V VI etc .. wasnt for performance?? get tha F outta here with that D riding!! these are pure GARBAGE estethically so face the fact , ure wearin one of the most horrendous lookin Bball shoes ever made!!!!

managed to score the green camos on NDC this morning and picked up the last sz 11 of the black camos today at foot locker.

id like to pick up the black pair but clear soles arent doing it for me anymore..rather make a pair on nikeID with a all black upper and white sole later down the road

Can't wait for my stealths and green camos to arrive. Next on my list are the yellow, although that dark blue inner bootie isn't great, the white leathers, and an ID pair. I'm going to put my old number 15 on them!

Don't want to think what the price for the IDs will be.

managed to score the green camos on NDC this morning and picked up the last sz 11 of the black camos today at foot locker.

id like to pick up the black pair but clear soles arent doing it for me anymore..rather make a pair on nikeID with a all black upper and white sole later down the road

:nerd: Wow, first time I've seen these. I think these r the nicest colorway so far. Still can't believe these sold out online..... :smh: :smh: :smh:
Wondering if ppl really wanted these or just try to flip, we shall see in the near future. But the true thing is, the JB marketing really works, especially with the XX8 days of flight campaign. JB won again!

Idk why ppl think this is a bad looking shoe... lol... but that price though... the thirst is real. Im going to check CL to see what resellers asking for lol

i guess its a love hate thing. imo they look horrible with the shroud rolled down at all and horrible with the shroud being the size of a christmas stocking lol

I broke mine out this morning. Honestly after seeing this shoe on the shelf last night turned into a want for the collection to instacop!
attachment

attachment

My gosh....a tried to order a pair of black/volts at 7 am and all 10.5 and 11 all sold out at nike.de online store.
Had to order a pair at eastbay. Takes 20 to 30 days to arrive.
Strangely at a local store today, after 2 hours they only sold one pair of black/royals 1.....strange world.

My gosh....a tried to order a pair of black/volts at 7 am and all 10.5 and 11 all sold out at nike.de online store.
Had to order a pair at eastbay. Takes 20 to 30 days to arrive.
Strangely at a local store today, after 2 hours they only sold one pair of black/royals 1.....strange world
I think JB didn't release the 1's online because they didn't want want to take away the hype from these. With all this marketing for these shoes, they want to make sure the focus is on the XX8's.

Nice pickup dude. This by far the best colorway of the initial launch maybe I am biased because after I saw these I had to own them.

I think it's time for me to take a break from JB for a while, when you give Rusell Westbrook a better "PE" than your own alma mater something is wrong.. where's the love?

this should be the standard, JB fell off with the XX8..
tired.gif

I don't think they fell off man look at the evolution of the shoes you posted they have been getting sleeker especially in the upper as well as the sole getting lower and thinner it's a natural progression.

Saw this coming since last year. JB always dared to be different. The concords got the same reaction when they first releases. Patent leather on a bball shoewas crazy!! Now look at the 11's!! JB is going for luxury and style. Jordans will now be deemed limited and high cost which= sell out

How soon they forget. When the XI's came out, the masses had the same reaction. IMO, the XX8 is a good looking shoe and pushes the boundaries of what a basketball shoe looks like. I will be on the hunt for a pair soon.

Back
Top Bottom