Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I agree wholeheartedly.  It kills me when people talk about performance and stuff like that.   
eyes.gif
  Ultimately, you are paying for a brand and what that brand represents.  The Air Jordan flagship represents MJ in his prime and therefore it is priced accordingly.  Tinker said some time ago that they were looking for the  flagship Air Jordan to be the luxury line of basketball shoes.  Simple marketing plain and simple. 
happy.gif

Just like Gucci, Armani, and even Cole Haan cater to a particular crowd, JB is trying to do the same with this latest edition.  Everybody doesn't buy Gucci, Armani, or Cole Haan.  So when you see someone wearing these brands its says that they look for the best in footwear. Whether or not JB is able to accomplish this with the flagship shoe remains to be seen but I can admire the attempt. 

Ultimately, if you have any skill whatsoever on the basketball court, the shoe that you play in doesn't make a difference.  When we were kids we wanted to be like Mike and hoped that buying his shoes would make that dream come true.  Needless to say many of us have moved on to other careers and basketball is nothing more than a hobby.
roll.gif

Last edited:
Actually i like the neon green. But the zipper design
Just has no functional pupose for playing basketball, like several members here mentioned before. Lets hope they put a good looking lowcut without that high zipping nonsense.

I like this shoe alot, wouldn't pay retail for it though. also, after watching the vid for the 3rd time, I noticed they have a bunch of colorways hanging up on the walls.

This...Every nike I ever owned with a zipper on it never stayed zipped.  With all the money JB puts into R & D why a (high)shroud and zipper?  Does anyone have any logical reason from a performance standpoint for a zipper and high shroud?  I would even be ok with it if it wasn't so high.  Is there any info out there that explaines the functional use for the shroud?  Is there any data out there that says zippers and shrouds add a value added benefit for performance?  How is it going to hold up when you don't wear high socks when you legs are sweaty from playing?  Soo confused on why JB chose this option.

A lot of people who are trying to defend this shoe keep trying to do it by saying these are made for performance blah blah... Yet there is no functional purpose for the shroud and zipper. If the zipper is as problematic as every other zipper Nike, it would actually be counter-productive.

Now if you like the way it looks, that's completely fine. No problems with that.

This shoe's just not my cup of tea. They being UA. SMH.

As a matter of fact, they look even worse than those Micro G Charge BB.

Sorry, this will never grow on me. The same way I highly despised those Bred XIs.

surprised JB used no flywire, man from the 2012 to these is a complete 720. i think they have done so much that they have given up on the design aspect. if you look at the shoe now it looks like a commercial or industrial product. nothing that the average consumer will want or use and using pop colors isnt going to polish a turd.

Last edited:
i guess JB needs more money for R&D on other products with a 250 pricetag, guarteed to be a GR
mean.gif
 if they Y2 like these

surprised JB used no flywire, man from the 2012 to these is a complete 720. i think they have done so much that they have given up on the design aspect. if you look at the shoe now it looks like a commercial or industrial product. nothing that the average consumer will want or use and using pop colors isnt going to polish a turd.

umm, 720 means spun around twice but still heading the same direction. .... are you saying JB are a little dizzy?

I know people have their doubts on the zipper staying up, but with it going up so high I doubt it'll loosen up

The shroud thing never made a whole lot of sense as far as performance goes. Since performance is number 1 then why include it if it doesn't have a benefit?

umm, 720 means spun around twice but still heading the same direction. .... are you saying JB are a little dizzy?
exactly 1 full rotation isnt enough. i do wonder the chances of getting a lower cut lower price model and i thought they said the flagships would remain mostly leather uppers kills me they're charging these prices for fully synthetic shoes.

I just realized something.
Didn't MJ hate high tops?

Never heard of this. I know that some years he would wear low tops in the first half for promotional purposes then switch to mids/highs in the second half to prevent injury.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom