Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

True but there are plenty of ppl in this thread who think otherwise... that's on them. i see ppl giving them all this praise and now complaining about the materials, etc :/

If MJ would still play and dominate the league, u can bet any signature from him would sell well.
MJ was the best hype for his shoes.
wink.gif
idk about that.... MJ looks terrible in this sig... granted hes 50 ... but still. pretty sure this one wouldn't be much more liked if it released back then just like the 15 imo

I'd expect you of all people to dislike the limited availibilty not encourage it. You had to get a pair from the US because they are so limited. And if this shoe is so great and revolutionary ( I do like it) it should sell based on that not on how limited it is. This is the problem  with nike nowadays. Their main selling point is it's limited so get them now. Not that it's a quality product. They do so all the time with retros ( they certainly can't say those are a quality product) but I expect different for their flagship basketball shoe
I respect your opinion but I think that JB/Nike is taking the right direction with this flagship model. The 2012s didn't sell as well as these but thats because they took a different approach. I think that by them doing these as a more limited release and taking better marketing strategies to promote these is a step toward making it a more successful model.
the 2012s werent super available initially either tho

i couldnt find a sz 13 in the grey volt cw for a very long time

these will eventually be easily attainable for 120> as jbs production begins to surpass everyones buying fervor

^I highly doubt these go on sale. Its a pretty smart plan IMO, these are being released in such low numbers that it makes the shoe "special" even if you're not very fond of the design, at least you can be "exclusive" which is what lots of guys are into these days. The 2012s were widely available in my experience, they were everywhere except on peoples feet. I can see the XX8 Lite being more widely available, but if they release a boatload of XX8s they'll sit and the brand will lose all the momentum and "swag perception" that they've built up.

^I highly doubt these go on sale. Its a pretty smart plan IMO, these are being released in such low numbers that it makes the shoe "special" even if you're not very fond of the design, at least you can be "exclusive" which is what lots of guys are into these days. The 2012s were widely available in my experience, they were everywhere except on peoples feet. I can see the XX8 Lite being more widely available, but if they release a boatload of XX8s they'll sit and the brand will lose all the momentum and "swag perception" that they've built up.
I agree. With the limited quantities for these shoes I doubt they will see the inside of an outlet.  There are still some Blue, Red, and Yellow Camos available where I am but I think those that are the last available pairs.  The selling of them has slowed due to new releases.  However, I think they will be gone in the coming weeks.  I've gotten all of them including the Black/White/Camo that was recalled.  

I really like the shoe and couldn't wait for the release.  I've always been excited to see the new flagship model Air Jordan but this one took me back to my younger days.  I haven't balled or worn any of them yet other than the initial try on and walk around.  But they are extremely comfortable and light.  The design in totally different and that's a plus for me.  Never been one to follow the latest trend and try to have every shoe that someone hypes up.  Just doing me.  
smile.gif

Last edited:
Yeah I like the design of the shoe but I just haven't found a colorway that I like to be honest. Each release so far has one or two nagging "wtf" color choices that I can't handle @$250. From that perspective I would love for them to hit outlets because the Black/Volts would be mine for $140>, but I'm not holding my breath. I think my HoH has a pair of the Red XX8s left but the others are gone, last year the 2012s sat forever, even the YOTDs.

I don't anticipate the AJ line ever taking me back to my childhood. The brand has way too much baggage attempting to live up to the high standards set in the 90's that they miss out on being the disruptive, trend setting force that they once were/ could be, that space is occupied by Lebron and Kobe's lines. What I do expect from the line is a product based on a thorough execution of a concept, and while the XX8 isn't as thorough as I'd like, it makes up for it by being a little bat**** crazy, and I like that in my AJs.

I'd love to play in them but $250 is steep. Would love to see these in an outlet/sale sooner than later.

After a few days of these on the feet, I can say without a doubt these are my favorite Air Jordans of all time.

Yes, the price is steep and it'll probably be the first Air Jordan in decades that I didn't buy multiple pairs of, but price aside, these things are the real deal.

I can also say that out of all the ways I've worn them, the way I prefer by far is zipped up all the way. I didn't expect it to add any support at all, but it does add some and I find it much more stable than when zipped down.

they look like awesome basketball shoes, i havent seen them on any nba or college players, has any one else? ill look thru the threas for some pics

I'd expect you of all people to dislike the limited availibilty not encourage it. You had to get a pair from the US because they are so limited. And if this shoe is so great and revolutionary ( I do like it) it should sell based on that not on how limited it is. This is the problem  with nike nowadays. Their main selling point is it's limited so get them now. Not that it's a quality product. They do so all the time with retros ( they certainly can't say those are a quality product) but I expect different for their flagship basketball shoe

U dont get it do u?
Limiting the xx8 has rather a rational business reason than just for hype. The total amount of xx8 produced is not less than previous models but the ratio colorway/amount has changed.
It would be dumb to release 300.000 pairs of each colorway. Too many would land in the outlets causing bad revenue.
If u complain about limited releases u better complain against the black/royal 1 or yeezys. Because there were no reason to produce that low number. That was clearly only for hype to have the consumers fighting for them.
For the xx8 i actually thought they would be very easy to get no matter how many they produced of them as they earned much hate.

they look like awesome basketball shoes, i havent seen them on any nba or college players, has any one else? ill look thru the threas for some pics

R u seriuos?
Wesbrook wore them on announcement day, then MJ himself wore the black camo during sparing with his bobcats. Several nba and college players have been wearing them too.

Last edited:

R u seriuos?
Wesbrook wore them on announcement day, then MJ himself wore the black camo during sparing with his bobcats. Several nba and college players have been wearing them too.

marquette players had them on this weekend.

After wearing a pair of these zipped up, I realized the fell of them was exactly like a motorsport riding shoe. I owned a pair of Dainese riding boots, and the height, feel and cut of the boot is very similar to the xx8. I wonder if that was a factor in the creation process...

U dont get it do u?
Limiting the xx8 has rather a rational business reason than just for hype. The total amount of xx8 produced is not less than previous models but the ratio colorway/amount has changed.
It would be dumb to release 300.000 pairs of each colorway. Too many would land in the outlets causing bad revenue.
If u complain about limited releases u better complain against the black/royal 1 or yeezys. Because there were no reason to produce that low number. That was clearly only for hype to have the consumers fighting for them.
For the xx8 i actually thought they would be very easy to get no matter how many they produced of them as they earned much hate.
I have no interest in either of those shoes since I am not some hypebeast that buys a shoe because some rapper endorsed it. That actually makes me want it a lot less.

In Europe these sold out in minutes. So they coul certainly have produced more units and still have them sell out. I don't know where you got 300,000 from, it seems arbitrary and nike certainly wouldn't reveal its production numbers because otherwise they couldn't say it was "limited".

The Air Jordan is a luxury product, this should be reflected in the shopping experience also, not just the materials and performance. Do you think it is this difficult to buy $400 shoes from Gucci or Dolce & Gabbana?

I hav3 got 3 pairs of Xx8s and the way they fit are great but its real like a 2012 model with a tie dyed sock around it and a full zipper. Crazy

U dont get it do u?
The Air Jordan is a luxury product, this should be reflected in the shopping experience also, not just the materials and performance. Do you think it is this difficult to buy $400 shoes from Gucci or Dolce & Gabbana?
THIS. This whole shoe thing is getting out of hand. You walk into Gucci and go on a shopping experience. They sit you down, bring you champagne, and let you look through their stuff. Makes it feel like they value you as a customer. These shoes? I go to HOH/Champs/FTA/FNL, and I can't even try on a damn shoe. It's buy it or leave. Once they have your money they rush you out the store. 

I wanted to try on the Black XX8 on release morning. I was buying the Joker 3's and wanted to try the XX8 on, since it's a new shoe that I've never felt before. Dude tells me to go and make the end of the line again to try on the XX8's. No one was there that morning to buy the XX8. Everyone was the Barkley Posites and the Jokers. I was like REALLY?! So I walked to HOH and tried them on there. Ridiculous...

After a few days of these on the feet, I can say without a doubt these are my favorite Air Jordans of all time.

Yes, the price is steep and it'll probably be the first Air Jordan in decades that I didn't buy multiple pairs of, but price aside, these things are the real deal.

I can also say that out of all the ways I've worn them, the way I prefer by far is zipped up all the way. I didn't expect it to add any support at all, but it does add some and I find it much more stable than when zipped down.

I totally agree about fully zipped is my favorite. Yeah, it looks funky, but I definitely like the way they feel this way the most. IF anything zipped down right at the top ala Westbrook.

Back
Top Bottom