Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Anyone here really think that a $250 shoes is going to make you play better than a $100 dollars shoes?

That should be the question you should ask yourself when you were thinking about buying these

lol exactly they make it as cheaply as possible, set the zoom on another piece of cheap material, give it a gimmick name like "proplate zoom" and suckers pay $250 for it left and right.
indifferent.gif

Wow, sneakerheads, LOL. This is my first time in this thread since about a day after release and owe how the tied has changed, LOL. It was performance this and performance that. If you can't afford it this and that now, the regular folks have showed up. Plus, the hype has passed!

Jordan brand took this shoe and put a shroud on it, LOL. 

JordanFlywade2EV.jpg

O, the FlyPlate Zoom!

Nike%20Jordan%20Fly%20Wade%202%20EV%20%E2%80%98Olympic%E2%80%993.jpg

I've worn my Black/Camos twice and they are holding up very well.  Cats were looking and asking what are those?  
roll.gif
I like the shoe and given the comments that I received everybody that saw them did too.  I guess it depends on what you look for in a shoe.  Being an older shoe enthusiast I like to go outside of the box when purchasing my footwear and the XX8 definitely fit that bill.  

Anyone here really think that a $250 shoes is going to make you play better than a $100 dollars shoes?

That should be the question you should ask yourself when you were thinking about buying these

That's not the point. The point is they will work better, be more durable, and your body will feel less pain in the longrun AFTER hours of ball.

Wow, sneakerheads, LOL. This is my first time in this thread since about a day after release and owe how the tied has changed, LOL. It was performance this and performance that. If you can't afford it this and that now, the regular folks have showed up. Plus, the hype has passed!

Jordan brand took this shoe and put a shroud on it, LOL. 

JordanFlywade2EV.jpg

O, the FlyPlate Zoom!
Nike%20Jordan%20Fly%20Wade%202%20EV%20%E2%80%98Olympic%E2%80%993.jpg

But, these are nothing like the Fly 2s...

Dudes coming in here and going out of their way to slander the shoe is cracking me up :lol: !! Sounds like dudes are trying to convince themselves NOT to like/buy these :lol: Guess what tho?? Folks are buying multiple pairs, including myself, because we like them. Nobody gives a **** about how much you feel these are "gimmicky". These are selling REALLY well. The people have spoken 8)

Last edited:
Now that we're a little over a month after its initial release, can those of you who actually play basketball in these shoes more than twice a week elaborate on the durability issue and the material separation people were skeptical about upon the initial couple wears? I'd hope that a shoe this expensive would last long through extensive wear and tear. Thoughts, opinions and pictures welcome. Thanks!

I like these shoes... and I have been looking for a new pair to ball in because the Rose D 3 are not doin it for me.... I tried on the Lebron X's and they are by far the most comfortable and cushy shoe I haveever put on. Feels like it adds 3 inches to my vertical. These may be good to ball in but im not sure they will last.

Damn that's disappointing. It seems like all of Nike's bball shoes are lasting about 2 months if you play ball regularly.

Playing basketball is hard on shoes. Two months of regular ball, if you're doing it right, will bust up a pair of shoes.

I'm not sure about these will give you less soreness or last longer compare to other shoes that are cheaper. 

I play in the Kobes and lebron soldier etc and those perform better than these and I didn't feel any pain after 2 or  3 hours. 

Any shoes that have adequate cushion and good traction should do the job.

These $250 jordan are just gimmick at the end of the day. Your not going to rise 5 inches higher or shoot 60% from the field if you put these on. Lol at the simple minded folks who try to justify their overpriced purchase from jordan. 

Oh and these would get crushed if playing outdoor. So that durability notion is out the window. 

At least with the soldier or kobe xdr you can play outdoor with them.

When are more of these going to be available? I'm cool with the current colorways or something new. There is just no inventory out there...

the alpha 1's have finally been removed from nikeid. all that's left for JB are the spizikes (with crappy options). i hope this means the xx8 will be up there very soon.

Playing basketball is hard on shoes. Two months of regular ball, if you're doing it right, will bust up a pair of shoes.
if the shoe can't last a season something is wrong.

Lmao a season tho?? I played college ball. I don't think you realize how many hours can be clocked in on one shoe by being forced to practice for hours for 6 days out the week + games. Example, you start practice in August so by December you're on AT LEAST your second pair son. NO SHOE is lasting a whole season even on a middle school or high school level dude lmao

Last edited:
That's not the point. The point is they will work better, be more durable, and your body will feel less pain in the longrun AFTER hours of ball.
But, these are nothing like the Fly 2s...

They will work better? more durable and your body will feel less pain?

Lol

I can find you 10 cheaper shoes out there that perform as good if not better and they are durable too.

I want a pair but not $250 man. It's all marketing gimmick

They will work better? more durable and your body will feel less pain?

Lol

I can find you 10 cheaper shoes out there that perform as good if not better and they are durable too.

I want a pair but not $250 man. It's all marketing gimmick

I'm sure YOU can. Everyone is different, everyone likes a different ride on their shoes.

Kobe VIII is too low to the ground, I feel like my forefoot is hitting the hardwood. The Lebron X was good for a while, but the bulkiness got to me. KD V too stiff in the midfoot. The Hyperdunk last year was a damn good shoe minus a few traction problems. I've had literally every major Nike innovation in the past 10 years and these are BY FAR the best shoes i've ever put on court.

So name me 10 shoes, how and why they perform better. There's no facts when it comes to shoes and their performance, it's all opinion.

Some people can't spend $250, some people don't WANT to spend $250. We live in a day and age where shoes cost way more than they're worth. Telling me that a $110 Hyperfuse is worth it is dumb, because those Hyperfuse aren't worth $110. No shoe is worth what retail price gets. It's about what it's worth to you and how they perform.

^^^ don't even waste your time trying to defend these shoes. Dudes pulling opinions and reviews out of their butt cracks and don't even have the shoe..... *zips up 28's and moonwalks across floor*

Last edited:
No. Practice, games, drills, all that. Hell no.

I played college ball from '02-'04 (3-4 hrs of ball 6-7 days a week. Drills, practice, games individuals, weight training etc.) we had some team Adidas' and they lasted the entire season. I'm not hatin' on these, I actually like them, but if I paid $250 for a pair of shoes and then broke down after 2 months I'd be heated.

Back
Top Bottom