Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

if i played basektball competitively i would be all over these but for style i dont see any appeal, where is the JB that was a mix of both? smh
I give it to JB to make a shoe that stands out from the rest of the performance sneakers on the market

need next release info

no date or CW 

they killin me
mad.gif

^the only OKC cw I like. O saw the others in store and I don't like the white leather ones anymore. But I was really feeling the OKC elephant print looking ones also.

For those who have seen these in person... which photo provides a more accurate depiction of the true colorway?
The first one, they're washed out in the second pic. There have been a few decent shots posted throughout the thread. The orange is pretty bright and solid and the blue is a medium sky blue

There's a guy on twitter claiming that the xx8 lite is called the xx8 se, he posted pictures. Anyone have any info?

There's a guy on twitter claiming that the xx8 lite is called the xx8 se, he posted pictures. Anyone have any info?
These look pretty similar to the camo ones posted way back in the thread, especially the tongue. The webbing between the lace loops really weirds me out. Looks like the performance should be all there though, which is great for everyone who hasn't been able to experience just how great this shoe is.

Been thinking of buying some xx8's and removing the cover. Anyone know if these are what the shoe looks like
Under the cover? Sorry if its been confirmed in other posts I can't be bothered looking through all the pages and posts.

Been thinking of buying some xx8's and removing the cover. Anyone know if these are what the shoe looks like
Under the cover? Sorry if its been confirmed in other posts I can't be bothered looking through all the pages and posts.
Sort of, but not really.  There's extra webbing between the fingers/lace loops on the Lites.  The tongue between the two versions is slightly different.  Also the carbon fiber heel counter and fuse layer on the toe are outside of the shroud on the regular XX8's, so I dunno how you would actually pull off what you're trying to do.

Glad that the colorways are less whack than the colorful camo samples. The black/red-ones look quite ok.
I think they should release one in white/red and white/carolina blue.

Cheers Andrew.
Just try and cut off as much of the cover with a blade as I could. Not wearing for fashion I'd be wearing for
Ball as everyone claims they are the best to ball in. Just don't like the cover or whatever it's called.

Long time reader, first time poster here.  I've been balling in 2 pairs of these since March (Thermal blues, and reds).  In one week I popped the left heel zoom bag in both pairs.  I only played indoor, about 2-3 times a week.  Pretty bummed out because these were quite honestly the best pairs of shoes I've ever hooped in.  The Lebrons ride a little higher than I like, and the Kobes lack that zoom cushion I'm looking for, albeit both great shoes for hooping overall.  Luckily, Footlocker took a pair back and exchanged them for some LBJ X Elites (they wouldn't give me my $ back, exchange only for similar priced sneakers), and I sent the other back to Nike Claims for a credit.

Anyhow, I'm just wondering if anyone has run into zoom bag pop problems while hooping in these.  One thing of note, I do play with custom orthotics, and I'm wondering if the hard heel in the orthotic coupled with my style of left heel strikes caused this, or if I just had some really bad luck with quality.  Just for reference, I'm 6'1, and 220 lbs (yeah I know, fatty's gotta lay of the junk food and get on the treadmill).  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom