AIR JORDAN XXIII: CELEBRATING 23 YEARS OF A LEGACY . Photos on page 2!

400$ plus raffle VERSUS 230$ + raffle + tons of hypebeast + wakin up early + ninjas jackin up outside the store + rainy friday @ los angeles..

whats not and whats hot?
i just wanna close my eyes , think of boracay and ornusa cadness (jordan head chic)

Originally Posted by tsikenjoy

Originally Posted by fretmarks

In addition, the first customer who brings a pair of the Air Jordans that Michael Jordan wore during his 1[sup]st[/sup] championship, Game 5, 1991 NBA Finals gets to be a wild card winner, bypassing the raffle, ensuring him of a size of his choice for purchase.

so a pair of black/red air jordan VI and 15k will let you bypass the raffle and get an outright chance for purchase. di ba magkakagulo dito? pano nila malalaman kung sino unang dumating sa store with the pair of VI?

i'll ask my bro to try and get these for me since nandito ako sa dubai. you think marami akong karibal sa size 7.5 or 8?
i think you will be better off with a size 8
mad.gif
tongue.gif

hahaha....size 7.5 ka rin pala tsiken? don't worry, as of tonight, i've decided, i can't, and even if i can, i won't shell out 15k forthese joints. i'd rather wait for the black/red pair. they are my fav colorway anyways. so ok lang.....iyong iyo na yung size 7.5
roll.gif

15k...wow, some average employee would have to spend his month's salary...I guess I'll have to pass on this one
eyes.gif

I know several people flying in just to get their pairs.

Even if you're not buying one, try to roll through. Let's have some drinks after. I'll be there with some old timers and a bunch of sneakerheadsfrom out of town.

pano yun raffle? you write your size? and if you get picked but no more size left what will happen? can you change sizes?

someone pick up a 9.5 or 10 for a fellow brother in Canada lol People got to the shoes quickly and I must get these somehow, pm me if anybody has news for mebecause I'm willing to pay the price.

I still have a slot on my TGI Friday's discount card.

20% off on food and beverage!!!

palakasan ba tayo?
laugh.gif
(although talo ako kay jojo)

i get 10% off at president in chinatown.
smokin.gif
dimsum. even with the gas money to drive down here, it's cheaper than friday's.

and wow, didn't realize the 23s were so serious. there were people in new york and chicago camping in freezing weather since tuesday or something, and nowkababayans flying in?
eek.gif

^^ saw a video on kix and the city bout some dude that camped in fridge weather.

and yea, only place i eat at on chinatown is Mañosa hehe

Some new info about tomorrow's release. I had to call our friends at Nike Philippines because Nike Park BHS doesn't know jack.
smh.gif

There will be one drop box per size available.

Each person who will line up from 12 noon to 1 pm get 1 stub each. You get to sign the stub and drop it in the box of your size. Your face will be stampedafter the stub is handed out.
laugh.gif
Don't even think of pulling a fast one by going inside the bathroom and peeing on yourself to remove the stamp.We're all watching.
pimp.gif

The number of pairs per size will determine how many names will be called per size. If your name is called and you're not around, then you're assedout.
laugh.gif
Another name will be drawn from the box.

This will be harder than I thought.

smh.gif

Good luck to all of us.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

You get to sign the stub and drop it in the box of your size. Your face will be stamped after the stub is handed out.
laugh.gif
Don't even think of pulling a fast one by going inside the bathroom and peeing on yourself to remove the stamp.

We're all watching.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sheedstonekj7.jpg

A little update.

I know 3 people bringing their black/infra VIs.

Good luck to all of you.

May the earliest man or woman win the free pass.

Now I regret selling my pair last year.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

laugh.gif
Don't even think of pulling a fast one by going inside the bathroom and peeing on yourself to remove the stamp.

We're all watching.

hahah for the love of sneakers
laugh.gif

as much as i would like to get a pair, i have to pass on this one... the hassle and the price is really too much of a drag. the GR releases (stealths) lookmuch better IMO.

YO my boy got one of the size 10s. i dropped money 2 hours before the raffle thru bpi remittance..i was about to give up friday morning here in LA cos J headsaint cool nemore..wakin up 3am freezin cold and seeing a lot of camps on the gutters ..and its raining..i showed up late at work and left early forremittance..

then i decided to holla....he told me they was like at the end of the line for the raffle and alvin got his gf name for sz 10..i miss philippines.

it paid off..

congrats to those who got their pair. I came in there being optimistic, hoping that i'll get 3 pairs ( for myself, my brother, and cousin) and walked outempty handed.
frown.gif
laugh.gif

tough luck. i should've folded my ballot just once because alvin patrimonio was too lazy to get the twice/thrice-folded ones.

Here's my report.

Snippets of the event
- There were 2 free pass winners because they arrived at the same time (each one with a pair of black-infra VI) on the eve of the release.
- A line started to form several hours before noon.
- Stubs were handed out from 12 noon to 1. Each person wrote his/her name and the desired shoe size on the paper. 5 people at a time were allowed to go insidethe store to drop their stubs in the respective boxes.
- At exactly 1:23pm, the first name was drawn. The winner was a security guard who was stationed near the store.
laugh.gif

- There was less than 23 pairs sold (Yes I can count even with the two free pass winners). I guess several pairs went to very influential people.

Now for the photos. Enjoy!

The scene outside. One word. TOAST.

img0778cm3.jpg

img0788qi2.jpg

img0779sv4.jpg

Some of the sneakers spotted at the scene
img0789vp4.jpg

img0791uq6.jpg

img0802ox9.jpg

Atu Matsumotos
img0790az8.jpg

Indeed
img0787em9.jpg

The set up - 1 raffle box per size
alien.gif

img0794wa9.jpg

img0800am7.jpg

The waiting game
img0792rp8.jpg

img0796qj4.jpg

img0795vl4.jpg

img0797cn6.jpg

img0820yu0.jpg

SD's number 1 with Hall of Famer Alvin Patrimonio. I can't believe this dude walked away with a pair. He only had 2 stubs.
img0807bf3.jpg

Free pass winner from Cagayan de Oro. Dude camped out overnight with his pair of VIs. I think he's also on NT. Nice to meet you in person. Good that wefinally squashed whatever misunderstanding we had in the past.
img0817az9.jpg

Some of the winners
img0824dt8.jpg

img0826pi2.jpg

img0825au1.jpg

img0824cg7.jpg

img0830ki7.jpg

Lucky kid!
img0823fs7.jpg

The first name drawn - A security guard! Dude must've gotten paid to drop in his name.
laugh.gif

img0822dd8.jpg

The fellas
img0813nk0.jpg

img0831hn6.jpg

NT represent!
laugh.gif

img0785wk5.jpg

Even though I didn't win a pair, I didn't go home empty handed. Thanks to my man from Ilo-ilo, Vinson. Nice to finally meet you in person. Hope you hada blast.
img0844bj0.jpg

Bonus photo
ixxiiijn4.jpg

I'd like to thank Nike Philippines, Nike Park and every single person reading this post who supported the event/release. I didn't win even 1 pair outof the 14 stubs that I was counting on but still I had fun. Thank you to all those who tried to help me. You know who you guys are. I believe the Shoe Gods aretelling me "STAY RETIRED!"
laugh.gif

I'll upload some vids soon.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

* PUMPS FISTS IN THE AIR AND SCREAMS INTO THE SKY *

laugh.gif
smh.gif

Oh and I forgot to mention, that was an awful way to get a tan. Now I'm back to my SF tone.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom