Air Jordan XXXII (32)

Not sure if it’s been posted but the Why not and the two lower models are on sale at finishline. There’s an additional $10 off with code HOLIDAYS10 and $5 express shipping.
Didn’t think i was going to pick up the why nots but I had a $2O reward and it came out to $120 something so I pulled the trigger. Plus 7% back on ebates.

Something tells me these will hit rock bottom prices.

^yep. Jordan Performance is getting it’s tail handed to them right now. No hype, dead sig lines, recycled designs. The competition simply looks better right now.

Last edited:
NDC has finally removed the promotional/coupon exclusions on some of the 32s just as some of the coupon codes for the holidays are set to expire tomorrow.

Few quick on foot shots. May play in the black/red low tomorrow but it wasn’t feeling nearly as good as PG1 for a quick workout today.
57F2EC0C-B79E-4F27-B301-5AA4ADAE8124.jpeg
8EEA337D-38C1-498A-90B4-BB8813938974.jpeg
6299E978-1602-4F87-9A57-452EEA39490D.jpeg

Finally wore my Corsa's Saturday and again today. Saturday I played on a clean court and slipped a bit, feet hurt so bad in them that I didn't notice it a lot. Most Nike's hurt my feet when I first play ball in them so that was to be expected.

Today I played on the slightly dusty court, they felt like the 31's all over again. I was sliding all over the court and didn't feel safe. Sadly this shoe has to go. Running up and down the court in straight lines is no problem. If you do sharp cuts, lean stop and go while leaning at certain angles your foot will slide.

I like the shoe but don't feel confident doing anything other than light shoot arounds in them, gotta get rid of them.

What do you think the answer is going forward?

They need to cut out the storytelling garbage and stick with what works. Imagine if the 31's zoom was slightly recessed (to remove the wobble) and it had the jordan 1's traction. The 1 is more than thirty years old and yet the traction was better than its contemporary. The XX9 wasn't the best looking shoe but it was almost universally regarded as the best performance shoe in ages. The 32 is too stiff and again, the traction is sub par.

Start with the base: good traction, fluid transition, zoom cushion, form-fitting upper. Then add the layers of design.

They need to cut out the storytelling garbage and stick with what works. Imagine if the 31's zoom was slightly recessed (to remove the wobble) and it had the jordan 1's traction. The 1 is more than thirty years old and yet the traction was better than its contemporary. The XX9 wasn't the best looking shoe but it was almost universally regarded as the best performance shoe in ages. The 32 is too stiff and again, the traction is sub par.

Start with the base: good traction, fluid transition, zoom cushion, form-fitting upper. Then add the layers of design.

And maybe it's just me. but I'm sooo sick of clear soles... at least for me I get better traction on solid colored soles.

-revamp the sig lines. Melo, CP3, Blake are good players, but are past their marketing primes. The brand needs young fresh faces. Butler, Russ, Kawhi and a new young signee. I'd go after John Wall and build an east coast presence with Drummond.

-return to releasing Regional PEs. Both new AJ and Retros. It costs little and goes a long way at building bases and creating flair with limited releases.

-stop recycling designs. I thought the retro theme with the new AJ was cool, but 2 years into this, competitors are putting out fresh imaginative designs. Shoes that are absolute winners on court. That used to be Jordan. Nowadays the new flagship is not even good enough for their main guy. That’s a BIG problem.

-give the designers a theme to influence their work. Similar to how automakers have themes, an element that flows across the board. Retro influences are stale and boring. It consumes every Jordan product pretty much, in every category. Use a ‘motion’ theme, something that gives the catalog identity. They have Nike's innovation kitchen at their disposal, a team of great athletes but the creativity stinks right now.

-new leadership. I love Larry Miller (JB Prez) but at a recent meeting he expressed the biggest challenge was “remaining relevant”...no. That’s why there’s Team Jordan. Retro and re-telling the same MJ stories doesn’t have to be the lifeline. They’re wasting the nice cache of athletes they have. Tell the stories of THEIR lives, focus on THEM more. Make products about THEM. There’s been too much retro, Team Jordan is an afterthought. But they’re paying these athletes and colleges...MILLIONS

Maybe new leadership would understand that.

Last edited:
They release too many Jordan's yearly.
I'm against lowering production numbers but space out the releases of retros. They just released UNC 6s and 2 11s within 2 months. Finally, $190 is way too high! Thank Heaven for competition! Adidas and UA make things interesting.

They release too many Jordan's yearly.
I'm against lowering production numbers but space out the releases of retros. They just released UNC 6s and 2 11s within 2 months. Finally, $190 is way too high! Thank Heaven for competition! Adidas and UA make things interesting.
I completely agree. It’s way to over saturated. I remember when one retro would drop a month or even two. Now there’s a retro releasing every week and at $190. You can usually find them on sale a few months later if you’re patient. And if you aren’t lucky and they sell out of the “hyped” retro you can just wait for 4-5 years and they’ll just drop again. Then you have the retros competing with the new # Jordan along with the other lifestyle and signature models.

he's pretty much the only one that consistently wears it from their top tier spokepeople

Kawhis barely coming back and it looks like Russy might have given up on 'em

True that. They are a pain in the *** to break in, so I wonder if that's why Russ and the other JB guys are not playing in them much if at all. I really like the look and fit of the lows. I'd gladly grab multiple pairs if the midsole didn't take for ever to break in and we could make ID pairs. Instead I'll just grab one more good colorway (TBD) on steep discount and try to figure out a reasonable way to speed up the break in time.

I don't understand how some guys do the "new shoes every game" thing. When I used to play, the best part about a good pair of sneakers was that they were broken-in. Like a baseball glove.

Back
Top Bottom