Air Jordan XXXIII first info

Nah fam you lived in bizarro world because unless you were dressed like a goofy nobody was clowning people for having the 6's and definitely not the 11's. People were cutting classes to get them and come back to school with them on. You tell that madness to someone else or tell the truth about the rest of your outfit that day. Something isn't not adding up my man in that regard.

Excuse me. Wrong. Like, so wrong it's laughable. Not sure where you're from but in my area (metro Detroit), and at my middle and high school, people clowned LOADS of shoes that are now considered legendary. Sorry to burst your bubble, but a shoe like the 11 was hardly considered amazing by every person who saw it. I'm more than old enough to remember it like it was yesterday. (And if you're talking about concords, BTW, no one was "cutting class" to buy them, unless your school somehow held classes on Black Friday '96.) Patent leather basketball shoes weren't exactly embraced immediately across the board. We also clowned the 8s, 9s, and plenty of other models, Jordan or Nike or whatever brand. You sound like you're talking about retro releases. That's irrelevant to the reality some of us were around for in the late 80s through the 90s.

:lol: Lmao.. I was 11 when the XI's dropped and though most of NYC thought they were dope (from my experience in my neighborhood/school), there was definitely buzz going around about how ridiculous it was to have patent leather on a shoe. It was just drowned out in NYC because more people liked them. I have zero memory of Jordans as a thing before the XI; I recall Barkleys, Trainers, Uptempos, Deons etc. a lot of other stuff though.

When I got to Junior High 12's were okay but we all thought the 13's were weird af but kind of liked them. By the time we got Flint and Cherry XIII"s .. they were a go.

He's clueless. Just because a shoe or various shoes were popular where ONE person was doesn't have any bearing on how they were received elsewhere. Plenty of people on NT over the years can tell you all about how in their area, 11s sat on shelves and got discounted to death when we're talking about the OG releases. They also sold out in other places. So what?

Last edited:
That’s not my point.

My point is that basketball shoes are not less IN because of the design are less appealing but the trendsetters just dictates the broad audience what is in now.
Look at all the old Fila sneakers and champion apparel. All if the sudden they are IN (again).
It's simply the trend that has been set. From 2012 to 2014 it was the golden age for jordan brand. No matter what kind of kicks or apparel, the people just buy it because all stuff with the jumpman on it was declared as IN.
Most of them don't know who Michael Jordan was or don't care about basketball.

I think it's safe to say Kanye and adidas is the reason why people have moved on. It's not because basketball shoes aren't in anymore. The pendulum always shifts so I'm sure you'll see more and more basketball stuff start to become cool again. Anyways, I'm getting my 33s today. I'm like a puppy waiting by the window right now. It's ****ing lame lol.

I think it's safe to say Kanye and adidas is the reason why people have moved on. It's not because basketball shoes aren't in anymore. The pendulum always shifts so I'm sure you'll see more and more basketball stuff start to become cool again. Anyways, I'm getting my 33s today. I'm like a puppy waiting by the window right now. It's ****ing lame lol.
People go to where the resale is. Not necessarily for the resale but for the prestige of have them. Nike basketball had a long run, still so for certain shoes, Jordan did but fell off a cliff, etc

Still not on the launch locator. Does that mean these are so plentiful they don't feel the need to put them on a launch locator, or the opposite? Going to pop into the nearest HOH on my way home from work today to find out if they will have them.

I think it’s funny when people say “Jordan’s are designed for performance now and aren’t casual-friendly like the 3,4,5”. Those were performance too - they didn’t design those specifically to appeal to streetwear. They were made for on-court and people just took them off court. And yes, when the 5 with the reflective tongue and the 6 with the holes and pull loop came out, here wasn’t a universal love for them. It was all about Mike and what he did in them.

Excuse me. Wrong. Like, so wrong it's laughable. Not sure where you're from but in my area (metro Detroit), and at my middle and high school, people clowned LOADS of shoes that are now considered legendary. Sorry to burst your bubble, but a shoe like the 11 was hardly considered amazing by every person who saw it. I'm more than old enough to remember it like it was yesterday. (And if you're talking about concords, BTW, no one was "cutting class" to buy them, unless your school somehow held classes on Black Friday '96.) Patent leather basketball shoes weren't exactly embraced immediately across the board. We also clowned the 8s, 9s, and plenty of other models, Jordan or Nike or whatever brand. You sound like you're talking about retro releases. That's irrelevant to the reality some of us were around for in the late 80s through the 90s.
Detroit you say? I did say bizarro world that world so that would qualify lol. Over here in Philly and most of the east coast that wasn't a thing. Who said it was considered amazing by everybody that saw it? I said folks (aka most) weren't really clowning the 11's or most J period at that time and I stand by that.

Don't get conveniently stupid fam on some well the concords didn't drop for cats to cut school like that was the only CW. Hell I know the concords came out late in the year because I got them for my birthday which is a week after thanksgiving so don't try the you lived it card like you the only one that did. Only thing I'll give you is sounds like Detroit dudes was on some other stuff that wasn't reality in other parts of the country.

Nah fam you lived in bizarro world because unless you were dressed like a goofy nobody was clowning people for having the 6's and definitely not the 11's. People were cutting classes to get them and come back to school with them on. You tell that madness to someone else or tell the truth about the rest of your outfit that day. Something isn't not adding up my man in that regard.
Bro I remember those days back in the 90’s when All j’s Used to drop on a Wednesday man my pops would come and check me out at second period to go pick the new model

He's clueless. Just because a shoe or various shoes were popular where ONE person was doesn't have any bearing on how they were received elsewhere. Plenty of people on NT over the years can tell you all about how in their area, 11s sat on shelves and got discounted to death when we're talking about the OG releases. They also sold out in other places. So what?
The ole online I'm this that and the other because you disagree routine. Not clueless at all but if that makes you feel better say that then. Don't care what people say I know the 11's were liked by way more people than didn't even when they first dropped and y'all can try to old time it up all you want like nobody else was living back then.

if I remember correctly the XIs didn't "hit" with everyone til Space Jam which was a year after the original release of the concords. And the space jam color way wasn't available til 2000. it was a Wednesday and they dropped along side the concord retro and they were sold out by 12pm which back in those days was considered quick.

and back to the idea of Jordans for performance over style. they age well. yes when the 3,4,5 etc first came out they were performance based, but over time and the technologyy with sneakers, they became a more casual look. hell in 30 years you might look back on the 33 and it would be considered casual looking compared to what's out then.

everyone wears what they like there's no problem with that, but if you prefer a more casual look like I do these days, you can't sit there and say a Lebron or recent Jordans can be pulled off "casually look".

and in regards to basketball, KDs are garbage IMO, they only belong on the court, that's not a casual shoe.

if I remember correctly the XIs didn't "hit" with everyone til Space Jam which was a year after the original release of the concords. And the space jam color way wasn't available til 2000. it was a Wednesday and they dropped along side the concord retro and they were sold out by 12pm which back in those days was considered quick.

and back to the idea of Jordans for performance over style. they age well. yes when the 3,4,5 etc first came out they were performance based, but over time and the technologyy with sneakers, they became a more casual look. hell in 30 years you might look back on the 33 and it would be considered casual looking compared to what's out then.

everyone wears what they like there's no problem with that, but if you prefer a more casual look like I do these days, you can't sit there and say a Lebron or recent Jordans can be pulled off "casually look".

and in regards to basketball, KDs are garbage IMO, they only belong on the court, that's not a casual shoe.
concord retro and space jams did not release on the same day, although they both did release on a Wednesday.

Detroit you say? I did say bizarro world that world so that would qualify lol. Over here in Philly and most of the east coast that wasn't a thing. Who said it was considered amazing by everybody that saw it? I said folks (aka most) weren't really clowning the 11's or most J period at that time and I stand by that.

Don't get conveniently stupid fam on some well the concords didn't drop for cats to cut school like that was the only CW. Hell I know the concords came out late in the year because I got them for my birthday which is a week after thanksgiving so don't try the you lived it card like you the only one that did. Only thing I'll give you is sounds like Detroit dudes was on some other stuff that wasn't reality in other parts of the country.

Dude. You're the one who called me out as if I was making **** up. Detroit is bizarro world? LOL, yeah, OK. I'm not interested in what your city was like, though I'm glad you've been appointed the east coast spokesperson who's here to tell me/us what it was like EVERYWHERE except, apparently, where I lived. If you want to continue believing that every time a new Jordan dropped it was generally regarded as just the dopest **** by the majority of people, keep on with that. I have zero interest in your version of the facts. What I do have a problem with is you proclaiming anything about an anecdote I chose to share, when you are indeed absolutely clueless about the reality I was speaking of.

The ole online I'm this that and the other because you disagree routine. Not clueless at all but if that makes you feel better say that then. Don't care what people say I know the 11's were liked by way more people than didn't even when they first dropped and y'all can try to old time it up all you want like nobody else was living back then.

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dude. You're the one who called me out as if I was making **** up. Detroit is bizarro world? LOL, yeah, OK. I'm not interested in what your city was like, though I'm glad you've been appointed the east coast spokesperson who's here to tell me/us what it was like EVERYWHERE except, apparently, where I lived. If you want to continue believing that every time a new Jordan dropped it was generally regarded as just the dopest **** by the majority of people, keep on with that. I have zero interest in your version of the facts. What I do have a problem with is you proclaiming anything about an anecdote I chose to share, when you are indeed absolutely clueless about the reality I was speaking of.

I live on the east coast and my first pair of Jordans were the 16s. they were not received well lol.

no new Jordan was received well by the average kid who didn't buy sneakers, they were however eating up all the retros.

I think a lot of it during the time had to do with what Jordan played in stigma, if he didn't play in them a lot of the non sneaker head kids wanted nothing to do with them.

I really really like this model.
20181016_150004.jpg
20181016_145956.jpg
20181016_145929.jpg
20181016_150109.jpg
20181016_150014.jpg
20181016_150032.jpg
20181016_150021.jpg
20181016_150008.jpg
20181016_145852.jpg
20181016_145921.jpg

Apologies. I'm done with that clown LOL. Back to the shoes.
I understand you're upset but let's not get hype over the net with the clown talk. Irl you wouldn't call me a clown and risk what could potentially happen over sneaker disagreement fam.

Back
Top Bottom