Air Jordan XXXIII first info

Looks like my date mightve got pushed up to the 17th.. fingers crossed.

* These really do have that new Air Jordan feel.. I haven't really felt it on a pair since the XX3. I'm looking forward to getting my pair.

Last edited:
This is the current hypebeast sentiment.

I noticed suddenly in the sneaker community basketball sneakers aren't "cool". I can't wear these bulky sneakers blah blah. But they'll wear some bulky sneaker if Kanye or some other celeb puts it out.

And the I don't play basketball so I can't wear them. Do you run marathons?

Adults wear what they want. I hate the lack of individuality that exist today.

The problem is with all the terrible basketball designs over the years. Basketball shoes use to have casual appeal. Nike/Jordan have gone for strictly performance for 4-5 years now and have failed the consumers who want casual designs.

This is the current hypebeast sentiment.

I noticed suddenly in the sneaker community basketball sneakers aren't "cool". I can't wear these bulky sneakers blah blah. But they'll wear some bulky sneaker if Kanye or some other celeb puts it out.

And the I don't play basketball so I can't wear them. Do you run marathons?

Adults wear what they want. I hate the lack of individuality that exist today.
I agree with your comments outside of lack of creativity. We always been a product of the people we run with and or trying to blend in with imo.

Basketball shoes would have remained IN if the designs were fire... they haven’t even been average for years now...

The 33 is definitely a step back in that direction though...

You missed my point. Back in the day, historically, Jordans were polarizing. They featured weird **** a lot of times, and they were most definitely not loved universally upon introduction. I remember getting laughed at in 9th grade for showing up to school with the black/red 6s. The 11s were silly when they launched, and people got clowned for wearing them, too. This goes for a lot of models. My POINT was, I PERSONALLY always felt cool wearing them, but I also sometimes felt silly because I knew they looked over the top. These aren't over the top per se, but they fit the point I was making. Man, get with it LOL

Not sure how old you are, 3 Money. I guarantee there are people in here who are going to say the know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Right, @JRepp23? @tonytobacco?
Nah fam you lived in bizarro world because unless you were dressed like a goofy nobody was clowning people for having the 6's and definitely not the 11's. People were cutting classes to get them and come back to school with them on. You tell that madness to someone else or tell the truth about the rest of your outfit that day. Something isn't not adding up my man in that regard.

Basketball shoes would have remained IN if the designs were fire... they haven’t even been average for years now...

The 33 is definitely a step back in that direction though...
you like these more than the recent flyknit kd n brown's, i think those models look better than this even though they all look like basketball shoes now, which i currently dislike; thanks to air jordan 1 thread
tenor.gif

Nah fam you lived in bizarro world because unless you were dressed like a goofy nobody was clowning people for having the 6's and definitely not the 11's. People were cutting classes to get them and come back to school with them on. You tell that madness to someone else or tell the truth about the rest of your outfit that day. Something isn't not adding up my man in that regard.

:lol: Lmao.. I was 11 when the XI's dropped and though most of NYC thought they were dope (from my experience in my neighborhood/school), there was definitely buzz going around about how ridiculous it was to have patent leather on a shoe. It was just drowned out in NYC because more people liked them. I have zero memory of Jordans as a thing before the XI; I recall Barkleys, Trainers, Uptempos, Deons etc. a lot of other stuff though.

When I got to Junior High 12's were okay but we all thought the 13's were weird af but kind of liked them. By the time we got Flint and Cherry XIII"s .. they were a go.

:lol: Lmao.. I was 11 when the XI's dropped and though most of NYC thought they were dope (from my experience in my neighborhood/school), there was definitely buzz going around about how ridiculous it was to have patent leather on a shoe. It was just drowned out in NYC because more people liked them. I have zero memory of Jordans as a thing before the XI; I recall Barkleys, Trainers, Uptempos, Deons etc. a lot of other stuff though.

When I got to Junior High 12's were okay but we all thought the 13's were weird af but kind of liked them. By the time we got Flint and Cherry XIII"s .. they were a go.
That's true you're always going to have people that don't like something but as you said it was way more people that liked the 11's than didn't. Cats was wearing these to proms and stuff. That's why even though it was some that didn't like them folks getting cloowned I can't really co sign that.

As far as Jordan's not being a thing before the 11's maybe you were too young because all them sneakers you mentioned definitely got play the J's were still a major thing before the 11's

When the Mjday 32 dropped some people got a special package for being first to buy in store. Does anyone know if they’re doing anything similar for the 33 and what stores?

lol nah man it won’t be because of what anyone thinks or says i just have this stigma where i look like i’m trying too hard or almost feel like a little kid wearing basketball shoes.

majority of them just don’t fit my look. i’m a ultra boost/fly knit/ the occasional yeezy / jordan 1/ wotherspoon (if i’m feeling crazy) shoe guy now.

i like basketball sneakers don’t get me wrong they just make me feel awkward wearing them casually. i’m 30 it’s all on me not what anyone will say, just feel weird wearing like a lebron 16 if i’m not in a playground or on a court.

and back to your previous post about being judged when you were a kid i remember i wanted the hyperflighta for the longest time and when they dropped i got the yellow ones. this goes back to what i was saying about being a little kid and wearing whatever, you’re talking about a 12 year old in full on yellow patent leather sneakers lol i wouldn’t dare do that now but even at the time kids who weren’t into sneakers thought i had bananas on my feet but didn’t know the hype behind the shoe at the time.

I'm almost 40 and have been wearing modern air Jordans casually since i was 18.
If people wear current KDs, Kyries, air max 270, foamposites casually, why not wearing current Air Jordans?
Why sticking only to the old stuff?
There are many categories of sneaker wearers.
Some never go beyond shoes like the aj4, some not beyond 11, 14 or 23.

I find it funny to hear people saying that recent basketball shoes would be more bulky than the aj 3, 4, 12, 18 - 21.
Since when is an AJ 28 - 31 more bulky than those old models? Especially the OG 3 and 4 are very massive shaped shoes that made me think they were some airwalk skater shoes compared to the more slim shaped AJ 7, 8 and 9 in the early / mid 90s when i saw the older air jordan models in a magazine.

I think some people have very biased perception and are very conservative when it comes to designs.

Last edited:
He said they chewed his feet up when he over tightened them

Yeah I caught that, but I was expecting more on it, as in actual detail of what happened since it definitely warrants mentioning and to me, it's a big deal in a performance shoe.

The written review on WT makes no mention of any foot issues at all.

Yeah I caught that, but I was expecting more on it, as in actual detail of what happened since it's definitely warrants mentioning and to me, it's a big deal in a performance shoe.

The written review on WT makes no mention of any foot issues at all.

It’s nightwing2303 so take it with a grain of salt

That's true you're always going to have people that don't like something but as you said it was way more people that liked the 11's than didn't. Cats was wearing these to proms and stuff. That's why even though it was some that didn't like them folks getting cloowned I can't really co sign that.

As far as Jordan's not being a thing before the 11's maybe you were too young because all them sneakers you mentioned definitely got play the J's were still a major thing before the 11's

Yeah that's what I meant when I said I had zero memory lol. I was too young. I was still into sneakers so I remember stuff but I don't remember a Jordan obsession and I think my mother purposely blinded me to them so I wouldn't want them :lol:

17F02945-5E94-457F-93E4-9B5BE3004531.jpeg
88FE85F1-EECD-4246-8394-56C7ECE2E69A.jpeg
4C8FF544-0A77-40CF-8267-587F25EFA510.jpeg
C6FEE802-B682-4F48-BD2E-6B3F993E8A9D.jpeg
Finally got mine today after they pushed my delivery date by one day. Should’ve arrived Saturday, but came today instead.

My first impressions of the shoe. Finally, a true numbered Jordan in every sense of the word. They just have that AJ model feel to them, and I got the same reaction and feel to these the same way I did when I purchased the Jordan XX’s and XX3’s back in 2005 and 2008, respectively.

Trying them on: kind of snug at first, but when you finally put your foot in and lock in the flight strap, you really feel the shoe hug your foot for a maximum lock-in feel. I can already tell these would be one helluva basketball shoe on court and I’m anxious to try them on court.

Definitely go true to size if you like your fit nice and tight. Maybe a 1/2 size up if you prefer a little room in the mid foot area.

The box is awesome. The cloth/denim feel tag where it says “engineered for flight” is a nice touch.

The insert card reminds me of the AJ 16 shoe :lol:.

Mind you, maybe not the most casual looking shoe to wear on a daily, but the comfort and lockdown support on these are incredible.

The details are really nice. The Nike Air logo on the back is by far my favorite design on the shoe, along with the midsole ( thank God, I hated the typical midsoles that’s JB was using for the signature shoes).

I’ll be wearing them all day so I’ll provide more of my opinion on these later tonight.

Link on the pants?? Kinda dope with these.

You missed my point. Back in the day, historically, Jordans were polarizing. They featured weird **** a lot of times, and they were most definitely not loved universally upon introduction. I remember getting laughed at in 9th grade for showing up to school with the black/red 6s. The 11s were silly when they launched, and people got clowned for wearing them, too. This goes for a lot of models. My POINT was, I PERSONALLY always felt cool wearing them, but I also sometimes felt silly because I knew they looked over the top. These aren't over the top per se, but they fit the point I was making. Man, get with it LOL

Not sure how old you are, 3 Money. I guarantee there are people in here who are going to say the know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Right, @JRepp23? @tonytobacco?

I must say, i disliked the designs of the 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 13, 20, 28 when i saw them for the first time.
About the 13 and 28, i really hated them and saying "why?".
But actually the models i disliked at the beginning grew on me much.
On the other hand, the 14, 15, 16, i liked quite much at the beginning i lost my interest in them more and more.
The worst aj design for me which never grew on me are the 2010 (25).
Aj2 is also a shoe that i posses only to complete my collection, but not much loving them.

Doesn’t QS just mean no discounts now. I know back in the day it meant limited quantities. I know anything tagged with NRG you can’t use discounts on either. Idk just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom