Air Jordan XXXIII first info

Bi-weekly check-in ... still no apparel :rofl:

The way Nike/JB has handled/is handling the 33 is nothing short of bizarre. Other than the FOF and launch event, it's been almost complete radio silence in terms of marketing this model, pimping upcoming versions, providing 33-themed gear/apparel. etc. It's almost a throwback release in that way, like all the way back to the day when we got a few colorways of each annual model and that was it.

In the context of the previous two releases, at least, they're being ultra-conservative with the 33. I wonder if it has anything to do with, are these things relatively difficult to manufacture due to the fit system? They seem to be low-volume in comparison to the 31 and 32. I've no idea, it all just strikes me as rather odd.

Maybe JB's product planners and financial guys said, well, we're dropping 1.5 million concords in December, that'll get us well past our revenue goal for the fiscal year, no need to crank out a bunch of 33s and 33-related items, if we do that, half of it will just go to the outlets, anyway LOL

It's pretty much how it's been lately for the signature model.

You get semi hype at the launch and then radio silence after the first colorway or two drops.

With basketball sneakers as a whole (not brand specific) not selling that well, I’m wondering if we start to trend back to the times when we only had a handful of colorways (maybe a bit more but not 20 colorways) for sneakers. Less promotion after the launch colorway. Hype built around limited editions or special colorways and then they start working on lows and or the next model depending on the sneaker. Just my thought on it.

JS”

It all sounded so encouraging for 33 until the last few words. Then it just cut like a knife, throat sliced lol

Why am I not surprised that the first signature Jordan I've liked and bought in more than 10 years is the one they decide to make as low key as possible :lol:

You like them?

Im on the fence still on if i should send them back. That heel tab thing sucks and the back strap doesnt work for me. I can barely get enough slack in it to get it to stick to itself. They look so pretty though

You like them?

Im on the fence still on if i should send them back. That heel tab thing sucks and the back strap doesnt work for me. I can barely get enough slack in it to get it to stick to itself. They look so pretty though

I have the FOF colorway, I think it's sick. I think the heel thing is unnecessary and the shoe overall is wacky, but that's why I like it. Plus I'm a sucker for white/black Jordans with a hit of red. At first I thought the gold was dumb but it grew on me. But the other colorways don't do anything for me. The black looks good just sitting there but it bores me. The ACG version is terrible. Those two overseas releases are like, meh. But the FOF, man, there's just something about it. I like wearing them with black sweatpants, looks dope. I don't have any plans to buy any other colorways, but then again, we've seen no other colorways lately. I like the whole motif though which is why I keep looking for 33-inspired apparel to rock casually on weekends.

funny how a little time can change your mind...ended up loving the acg pair.

Rocked them today with this shirt:

sportswear-acg-long-sleeve-t-shirt-p6tW3z.jpg

It's pretty much how it's been lately for the signature model.

You get semi hype at the launch and then radio silence after the first colorway or two drops.

Not sure I agree with that. Seems to me the 31 and 32 were dropping colorways left and right compared to this model, but then again, we're only two months in since the FOFs released. Not sure about apparel for those models as I wasn't interested in them at all so wasn't paying attention. What I do know is, they promoted a bunch of stuff at the 33 media launch and nothing has shown up. So I guess they're waiting for the takedown models to arrive in 2019 and then will release the apparel? Seems *** backward to me. But what do I know LOL

It's almost like they knew the 33 game shoe wouldn't move as much at $175 and with the lacing system. That's fine, but then launch the overall "flight utility" line at the same time.

Picked up the FOF and black out from my local outlet over the weekend. Came out with the 30% disco...ill take it. Came out to like 130 each pair.
Im happy with them. I would also like to see some gear with these???

Attachments

• 20181217_192142.jpg
    20181217_192142.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20181217_194012.jpg
    20181217_194012.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom