Air Jordan XXXIII first info

I have really liked the 33. For me one the best models in a very long time. If money wasn't an issue I would like to own practically every colorway.

D2Ta4rBU8AACxy_.jpg
Elephant print on the heel would've been a nice touch, or at least cement grey with no elephant print.

this is the sentiment every year and pretty much has been since the 15...

I mean, think about it. they gave us absolutely amazing, classic, innovative, timeless and groundbreaking designs for the 1st 14 YEARS STRAIGHT, which is more than pretty much any other footwear company can probably say. but it's been all downhill since then with the exception of the 20. so that's 20 years straight of mediocre, lackluster. so I don't know that we should be getting our Hope's up, expecting different when it comes to sig Js moving forward.

I don’t feel this way. There’s been models since the 20 that I have loved.

but it's been all downhill since then with the exception of the 20. so that's 20 years straight of mediocre, lackluster.
Speak for yourself.

I don't defend the AJ 2009-2012, but you can't lump those in with say 16-18, which absolutely have the same DNA as the first 14.

When I first tried on my FOF I didn't like them because too snug. You've got to loosen that cable all the way up. Then pop your foot in. These shoes fit like an absolute glove. The ankle strap does more for lockdown than the cable system especially for casual wear.

I think there is a LARGE number of people who expect the lacing system to automatically loosen when they pull the "eject" tab. So when they don't actually loosen up, they get frustrated and say screw these.

Just as much JB's fault as it is the wearer though.

They are a foot prison though :lol: These fit TTS and I couldn't do it.. I'm considering sending back my ASG pair and I love those a lot but I'm starting to feel like I'd rather have something I will get more use out of and not feel like my feet are doing 25 to Life :lol:

If the eject tab doesn’t loosen the shoe and you gotta manually use your fingers on the chord and or loosen straps etc then just put laces on the damn shoe, probably take less time than fast fit lies lol

I may hate nearly everything about the Jordan 9, but that fast-lacing system beats just about anything that doesn't requiring a charging station :lol:

If this was considered a success on the court by the people who play in them alright I guess but I would be totally shocked if they don’t go back to laces, techwise IMO (and only tried them on once in store on initial color release) this is about as useless as the AJ 19 was

Man you old farts need to quit trashing anything/everything post 14s lol. Ya the 15s were weak, but then 16-18 were all great. The only shoes that are straight garbage are all the non numbered, I wish they would erase all history of those and pretend they didn’t exist. But then after that they’ve been back making pretty nice stuff IMO. I would put my 33s near the top of my list comfort wise, great arch support and super snug fit. They do feel a little different than most Airs on foot but I couldn’t be happier with them overall. Personally they’re my favorites since prolly the 21s.

My only complaint is i do wish when you pull the eject there was like a noticeable release that you could feel, more like an actual eject type deal.

Man you old farts need to quit trashing anything/everything post 14s lol. Ya the 15s were weak, but then 16-18 were all great. The only shoes that are straight garbage are all the non numbered, I wish they would erase all history of those and pretend they didn’t exist. But then after that they’ve been back making pretty nice stuff IMO. I would put my 33s near the top of my list comfort wise, great arch support and super snug fit. They do feel a little different than most Airs on foot but I couldn’t be happier with them overall. Personally they’re my favorites since prolly the 21s.

I don’t think everything post-14 is bad/trash whatever, owned multiple 18s, 20s and 23s.. liked the 32s underfoot a whole lot... the 33 isn’t a bad looking shoe I mean hell I ordered a pair mostly from curiosity though truth be told the thing is on foot IMO anyway they were huge/super wide looking which was a bummer you liking the 21 makes alotta sense those were legitimate boots lol... anyway sure the 33 are nice underfoot once broken in that’s a huge zoom bag and more
power to the people they do work for

I mean, think about it. they gave us absolutely amazing, classic, innovative, timeless and groundbreaking designs for the 1st 14 YEARS STRAIGHT, which is more than pretty much any other footwear company can probably say. but it's been all downhill since then with the exception of the 20. so that's 20 years straight of mediocre, lackluster. so I don't know that we should be getting our Hope's up, expecting different when it comes to sig Js moving forward.
You're definitely in the minority with that sentiment. Some were a miss but overall, most models after the 14 were successful. The 33's are no different. You just have to give them time to break in. The only two gripes I have about the shoe is I wish they would loosen up little more when you pull the eject cord and the difficulty in slipping them on. Neither of which would prevent me from wearing them or purchasing another pair in the right color way.

So you saying the 23’s were trash that shoe was very unique in it on way

Was imo the era of JB making luxury basketball kicks that still had high-performance level tech no one at that I time as i remember it no other sig/brand could match that off/on the court look.

If you didn’t have the $200 to drop on the 17s back in ‘01-02 you could appreciate seeing them on someone elses feet. Cause everyone thought that msrp was outrageous. Today not so much cause “everybody is sneakerhead” now.

332C1D36-66F6-4872-87E4-C8502B2A7067.jpeg

Last edited:
17's and 18's get consistently crapped on and I will never understand it. Both those shoes were incredible hoop shoes.
I never played in either or had either. Just from a looks standpoint, the 17 I like--mostly the OG royal blue colorway and also the Carolina lows. Regret not ever buying them back then. As mentioned, the idea of $200 was insane. Plus, I hadn't come to terms with the main Air Jordan being white and blue LOL. But I'd welcome them now; they look like an Air Jordan to me all these years later. I don't remember why I never bought the lows.
The 18s ... never really cared for the way the look, and still don't. They aren't awful by any means, just not my kind of look.

image.jpg
Y’all gonna put some respect on the 17s

17's and 18's get consistently crapped on and I will never understand it. Both those shoes were incredible hoop shoes.
17 was top 5 hoop shoe for me. I used em indoor an outdoor. Beast on both courts. Recently copped 2 pair of trophy room 16s. An got a pair of 17bulls on the way from goat. 17s my fave J period.

Was imo the era of JB making luxury basketball kicks that still had high-performance level tech no one at that I time as i remember it no other sig/brand could match that off/on the court look.

If you didn’t have the $200 to drop on the 17s back in ‘01-02 you could appreciate seeing them on someone elses feet. Cause everyone thought that msrp was outrageous. Today not so much cause “everybody is sneakerhead” now.

332C1D36-66F6-4872-87E4-C8502B2A7067.jpeg
Copped all blk 17s 2weeks after release day from world of footlocker for $100. Cause no1 want em. Every1 wanted bulls n wizards CWs back than. An anything al grey lol

Back
Top Bottom