Air Jordan XXXIII first info

This is interesting. Like a lot of you guys, I agree that a different colorway is probably going to make a big difference. That said, I don't love the look of that fuse reinforcement throughout the upper, the little button detail is ungainly, the forefoot panel on the medial side is clunky, and most of all that achilles height hurts to look at. The lateral side looks pretty good. I do like the Nike Air on the back, just wish that back wasn't so damn high. If I had to say right now if I think I'll buy a pair, I'd have to say no. But a strong colorway might easily change all that.

EDIT: After looking at it again, I'm not sure I'm convinced that is the absolute final product. That mesh or whatever and the fuse on the upper look like a takedown compared to all the different knits and weaves Nike uses on different sigs and other shoes. This upper looks relatively cheap in comparison, which would be strange for an Air Jordan to feel cheaper than other Nike bball shoes.

DOUBLE EDIT: More than anything, that stupid achilles flap/extension is killing the shoe for me. It looks like an even more exaggerated version of how the back of the first Kobe ADs are, and I hated that part of that shoe. This is way worse. I mean, what's the point? If the collar just stayed at the mostly normal height all the way around, and the tongue was just a bit smaller, this would look WAY better to my eyes.

Last edited:
EDIT: After looking at it again, I'm not sure I'm convinced that is the absolute final product. That mesh or whatever and the fuse on the upper look like a takedown compared to all the different knits and weaves Nike uses on different sigs and other shoes. This upper looks relatively cheap in comparison, which would be strange for an Air Jordan to feel cheaper than other Nike bball shoes.
The leaked pics are of a production model complete with packaging, straight from the factory. Seems these leakers always have cheap camera phones. But I'm looking forward to what comes out of the reveal tomorrow.

For some reason I see this lacing system having issues, similar to the air bags on the 28's had it's issues.

Even tho they jacked Puma whole flavor the disc and whatever this show called ... I don’t dislike tho...very 2019.

50209705-597E-45FE-AC1F-02EAB66DA181.jpeg

Last edited:
The leaked pics are of a production model complete with packaging, straight from the factory. Seems these leakers always have cheap camera phones. But I'm looking forward to what comes out of the reveal tomorrow.

Yeah, I didn't even notice the packaging at first. I'm sure this is it as well. Just a bit strange to me that they chose to use that material at this point. Looks like some stuff (mesh and fuse or whatever the black plasticky reinforcements actually are) we would have seen on a Nike bball shoe five years ago.

It has more of a lifestyle vibe than a b-ball shoe specially in the cw. It’ll be interesting to see if anyone will actually ball in these with that lacing system

i aint gonna lie I'm still on the fence about these.....but from these few leaks I'm intrigued...will wait till tomorrow for a official look

Looks like some stuff (mesh and fuse or whatever the black plasticky reinforcements actually are) we would have seen on a Nike bball shoe five years ago.

This is the part I'm having problems with. I hate that cheap stuff and look. Jordans used to have a luxurious look for basketball. This ain't it if those materials are the final product.

This is the part I'm having problems with. I hate that cheap stuff and look. Jordans used to have a luxurious look for basketball. This ain't it if those materials are the final product.
Yea they’re gonna need to explain why they used that cheap fuse material at the unveiling tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom