Air Jordan XXXIII first info

Nah, I would wait for the “My Gambling Killed My Dad” XX3s to drop
zNP85pW.gif

The very game before that against the Pacers he scored 6 or 8 points. I had to come to work the next day listening to all the trash talk about that. It broke a double figure scoring streak that he had. That next game against Charlotte he goes off. I made sure to bring the sports page into work that following day.

I was actually AT that Pacers game. The only time I ever got to see him play, and at the time, it was the worst game of his career lol.

I was actually AT that Pacers game. The only time I ever got to see him play, and at the time, it was the worst game of his career lol.

Ooof! That’s a tough game to be at. My one and only game in which I saw MJ play was at the Palace and the Pistons were winning all the way up until the last few minutes of the 4th. The Bulls came from behind to win. Jordan scored 37 points.

Ooof! That’s a tough game to be at. My one and only game in which I saw MJ play was at the Palace and the Pistons were winning all the way up until the last few minutes of the 4th. The Bulls came from behind to win. Jordan scored 37 points.

Haha, you got a MUCH better game than mine!

Lmao this was the same game I was at. To this day, I honestly wish I never went. I think that was the day the world finally realized MJ was washed up and shouldn’t be playing professional basketball anymore. Don’t get me wrong, he still had highlights during his Wiz tenure but it was overall a disappointment for both MJ and the franchise itself.... As a Wizards fan, I like to forget about those days since we’re actually able to make the Playoffs nowadays (even though we can’t contend or even make the ECF haha).

Lmao this was the same game I was at. To this day, I honestly wish I never went. I think that was the day the world finally realized MJ was washed up and shouldn’t be playing professional basketball anymore. Don’t get me wrong, he still had highlights during his Wiz tenure but it was overall a disappointment for both MJ and the franchise itself.... As a Wizards fan, I like to forget about those days since we’re actually able to make the Playoffs nowadays (even though we can’t contend or even make the ECF haha).

Troll

I honestly believe that if it weren't for the tendinitis in his knees , that Wizards-era MJ would have looked a lot more like the real MJ. The book When Nothing Else Matters chronicles the Wizard years and documents how Ron Artest breaking Jordan's ribs during a pickup game when he started training to return was a big contributor, because Jordan then rushed his preparation on a shortened timeline because he had to sit out quite some time while his ribs healed. This led to the tendinitis flare up that he never could overcome after that, but on the nights where you could tell his knees weren't bothering him, he was still pretty damn effective. He just was all over the map in terms of consistency.

Scored 8 points and then he does this:
""On December 27, 2001, he scored a career-low six points against the Indiana Pacers, which snapped his record 866-game streak of scoring double figures. Two nights later, he responded by scoring 51 points, going 21-for-38 from the field and 9-for-10 from the free throw line, becoming the oldest player in history to score 50 or more in a game and setting the record for most points in a quarter against the Charlotte Hornets (24 in the first). He followed that up with a 45 point, 10 rebound, seven assist, three steal effort against the New Jersey Nets, including scoring 22 points in a row during one stretch. Less than a week later, after enduring Ron Mercer’s trash talk and having his jumper blocked, he responded by pinning Mercer’s layup against the backboard with two hands and, on the way back up the court, repeatedly yelled at Mercer, “Don’t talk no more ****!”""

Not bad for a 39yr old who had no business playing in the league lol
He averaged 20 & 5. The only thing all over the place were the 30pt nights. It's funny the "consistency" we expected even from a 39/40yr old Jordan, because he was that great.

Fast forward 10 years and now it's a viral story to see 37yr old Vince score 20pts and dunk lol

Last edited:

Cool, remember the last game he played in where the Wizards got blown out by the 76ers? I do.

Wizards MJ should NEVER have happened. Why do you think Jordan Brand doesn’t ever acknowledge that era? I guarantee you MJ regrets it-he should have signed with the Lakers for the vet min and played for Phil again and he would’ve enjoyed his 8-9 total rings afterwards, tbh.

He averaged 20 & 5. The only thing all over the place were the 30pt nights. It's funny the "consistency" we expected even from a 39/40yr old Jordan, because he was that great.

Fast forward 10 years and now it's a viral story to see 37yr old Vince score 20pts and dunk lol

Wait until LeBron gets to that age, tbh. He’s getting up there in age now but knows how to adapt his game well and spends a lot of time and money conditioning his body.

I honestly believe that if it weren't for the tendinitis in his knees , that Wizards-era MJ would have looked a lot more like the real MJ. The book When Nothing Else Matters chronicles the Wizard years and documents how Ron Artest breaking Jordan's ribs during a pickup game when he started training to return was a big contributor, because Jordan then rushed his preparation on a shortened timeline because he had to sit out quite some time while his ribs healed. This led to the tendinitis flare up that he never could overcome after that, but on the nights where you could tell his knees weren't bothering him, he was still pretty damn effective. He just was all over the map in terms of consistency.
I read the book as well. Hard to watch him at times but Im just not gonna hate on him because he couldnt let the game go. To still put up 20 a night at his age then was really remarkable.

Cool, remember the last game he played in where the Wizards got blown out by the 76ers? I do.

Wizards MJ should NEVER have happened. Why do you think Jordan Brand doesn’t ever acknowledge that era? I guarantee you MJ regrets it-he should have signed with the Lakers for the vet min and played for Phil again and he would’ve enjoyed his 8-9 total rings afterwards, tbh.

They literally dropped White and Blue 18s this year.

Back
Top Bottom