Air Jordan XXXIII first info

Cool, remember the last game he played in where the Wizards got blown out by the 76ers? I do.

Wizards MJ should NEVER have happened. Why do you think Jordan Brand doesn’t ever acknowledge that era? I guarantee you MJ regrets it-he should have signed with the Lakers for the vet min and played for Phil again and he would’ve enjoyed his 8-9 total rings afterwards, tbh.

In my opinion, what never should have happened was MJ retiring after the '98 season. If he had kept playing through the few years after that, were it for the Bulls or another team, he could have sustained an insanely high level through the 2001 season. Again, in my opinion. Obviously that would have required him avoiding serious injury, but barring such an occurrence, he could have still been playing in at least the first year he ended up in Washington and been way better. If he averaged 20 and 5 coming back the way he did, imagine if he had never left.

They literally dropped White and Blue 18s this year.

Yes in limited quantities and with little/no marketing. I expect them to retro other OG cws, obviously (because there is a market for essentially ALL OG cws) but where are the Wizards retro+ cws of other retros? Hell, where are the replica MJ Wizards jerseys from Jordan Brand now that Nike has the NBA license?

Yes in limited quantities and with little/no notice. I expect them to retro other OG cws, obviously (because there is a market for essentially ALL OG cws) but where are the Wizards retro+ cws of other retros? Hell, where are the replica MJ Wizards jerseys from Jordan Brand now that Nike has the NBA liscense?

Black and blue coming soon also (months of notice here and on the whites). Plus 3 non OG colors coming. Check J23. Months of notice. Took Nike what? Almost 10 months after getting the nba contract back to drop the Bulls ones. You don’t think they gonna drop the Wizards ones? Cmon man. We gonna see a “43 at 40” edition and all that. They out here dropping 3s based off charity games. They dropping packs based off alumni games. You don’t think Wizards era stuff eventually on deck? Cmon man.

Yes in limited quantities and with little/no marketing. I expect them to retro other OG cws, obviously (because there is a market for essentially ALL OG cws) but where are the Wizards retro+ cws of other retros? Hell, where are the replica MJ Wizards jerseys from Jordan Brand now that Nike has the NBA license?
Good point but you know as well as all of us the Chicago Jerseys are going to sell more. As their business, they are going to milk that more than anything.

Who cares? What happened happened. Let’s get back to the kicks...

I didn't realize we had so much information on the 33s as to render a brief meandering into MJ's Wizards years a terrible thread derailment.

Good point but you know as well as all of us the Chicago Jerseys are going to sell more. As their business, they are going to milk that more than anything.

Dude, you can’t tell me that in 15 years the only reminants of MJ’s time at the Wizards from Jordan’s Brand are the CDP release (which included all Js up to that point), and three OG cw retro releases (XVI, XVII, and XVIIIs, respectively). Literally no MJ Wizards shirts, no jerseys, no nothing-just those few retro releases over the span of a decade and a half.

For god sakes, they even released PRO STARS related apparel when they dropped the 5s and barely anyone even remembered that cartoon.

Last edited:
Black and blue coming soon also (months of notice here and on the whites). Plus 3 non OG colors coming. Check J23. Months of notice. Took Nike what? Almost 10 months after getting the nba contract back to drop the Bulls ones. You don’t think they gonna drop the Wizards ones? Cmon man. We gonna see a “43 at 40” edition and all that. They out here dropping 3s based off charity games. They dropping packs based off alumni games. You don’t think Wizards era stuff eventually on deck? Cmon man.

My point was that the Wizards era MJ, despite whatever merits of him still playing in the NBA at his age, was the low point of MJ’s NBA career. He had a legendary run with the Bulls in the 90s that, to this day, nobody has topped-we all know this.

What did he accomplish with the Wizards? If anything, his time there made him look mortal and a shadow of his former self.

I think JB’s marketing of MJ’s mistique is that everyone should look back with rose colored glasses on his accomplishments and embrace the legend.

With the Wizards, there are no accomplishments that can compare to what he did in Chicago-his team didn’t even make the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference for two years straight. Like I said before, I guarantee you he regrets this decision-especially we all know that he played on the team in the hopes that he would be granted an ownership role of the Wizards (which he obviously never received).

Dude, you can’t tell me that in 15 years the only reminants of MJ’s time at the Wizards from Jordan’s Brand are the CDP release (which included all Js up to that point), and theee OG cw retro releases (XVI, XVII, and XVIIIs, respectively). Literally no MJ Wizards shirts, no jerseys, no nothing-just those few retro releases over the span of a decade and a half.

For god sakes, they even released PRO STARS related apparel when they dropped the 5s and barely anyone even remembered that cartoon.

Last I’ll speak on it for sake of the thread but you basically proved my point. They are retroing the stuff he wore as a Wizard and not really the post 14 stuff he didn’t. Less because of Wizards. More because of model. There isn’t a huge market for post 14 and they know it.

And when Nike HAD the NBA contract last time, they did drop Wizards jerseys for MJ. And when Reebok had the contract...they did. Nike couldn’t make them again legally until recently. But now that they can, I expect they will.

We can agree to disagree. That’s the healthy part of debate.

Dude, you can’t tell me that in 15 years the only reminants of MJ’s time at the Wizards from Jordan’s Brand are the CDP release (which included all Js up to that point), and theee OG cw retro releases (XVI, XVII, and XVIIIs, respectively). Literally no MJ Wizards shirts, no jerseys, no nothing-just those few retro releases over the span of a decade and a half.

No one ever thought Jordan was gonna release a 45 shoe either. He himself hated that number after the disappointment that comeback season. His time with DC wasnt great. But in wasnt terrible overall either. Once JB realizes they have ran to the well too many times on Js 1-14. They will eventually bring back the 16-18 with acknowledgement of that period of time with the wizards. It will happen and I think a lot of people would like it.

My point was that the Wizards era MJ, despite whatever merits of him still playing in the NBA at his age, was the low point of MJ’s NBA career. He had a legendary run with the Bulls in the 90s that, to this day, nobody has topped-we all know this.

What did he accomplish with the Wizards? If anything, his time there made him look mortal and a shadow of his former self.

I think JB’s marketing of MJ’s mistique is that everyone should look back with rose colored glasses on his accomplishments and embrace the legend.

With the Wizards, there are no accomplishments that can compare to what he did in Chicago-his team didn’t even make the playoffs in a weak Eastern Conference for two years straight. Like I said before, I guarantee you he regrets this decision-especially we all know that he played on the team in the hopes that he would be granted an ownership role of the Wizards (which he obviously never received).

There’s stuff in here I do agree with

In my opinion, what never should have happened was MJ retiring after the '98 season. If he had kept playing through the few years after that, were it for the Bulls or another team, he could have sustained an insanely high level through the 2001 season. Again, in my opinion. Obviously that would have required him avoiding serious injury, but barring such an occurrence, he could have still been playing in at least the first year he ended up in Washington and been way better. If he averaged 20 and 5 coming back the way he did, imagine if he had never left.

Phil going to the Lakers made them pretty much unstoppable with Shaq and Kobe. I’m not sure who the Bulls would have gotten in place of Phil but there’s no way Chicago would compete with the 2000+ Shaq/Kobe Lakers who were essentially running an advanced version of the triangle offense that Phil had started in Chicago. Hell, I’m not sure the Bulls could have even beaten Pop’s Spurs in 1999 without Phil.

No one ever thought Jordan was gonna release a 45 shoe either. He himself hated that number after the disappointment that comeback season. His time with DC wasnt great. But in wasnt terrible overall either. Once JB realizes they have ran to the well too many times on Js 1-14. They will eventually bring back the 16-18 with acknowledgement of that period of time with the wizards. It will happen and I think a lot of people would like it.

Idk man, if you compare his time on the Wizards to his time in Chicago, it was a disaster. Vince Carter even had to give up his starting All Star spot to MJ, who was only brought on as a reserve, which is insane to think about. I can’t blame MJ for all of these problems, the Wizards franchise is a joke and historically has been run VERY poorly and, to this day, they are yet to even make the ECF since the title won in the 1970s.

Phil going to the Lakers made them pretty much unstoppable with Shaq and Kobe. I’m not sure who the Bulls would have gotten in place of Phil but there’s no way Chicago would compete with the 2000+ Shaq/Kobe Lakers who were essentially running an advanced version of the triangle offense that Phil had started in Chicago. Hell, I’m not sure the Bulls could have even beaten Pop’s Spurs in 1999 without Phil.

I didn't say he would have stayed in Chicago or that he would have been guaranteed to win more titles. There was a bit of talk at the time of him going to the Knicks, too. Regardless, my point was simply that had he not retired after '98 and kept himself in game shape, I believe he had several more elite years left in him. Had he played another four seasons through the 01-02 season, barring injury (no guarantee, for sure), no one will ever convince me he wouldn't have been a lot better in that 01-02 season than he was when he came back for that year after sitting out the previous three seasons. That is all.

Last edited:
It seems reasonable to think the main r

I didn't say he would have stayed in Chicago or that he would have been guaranteed to win more titles. There was a bit of talk at the time of him going to the Knicks, too. Regardless, my point was simply that had he not retired after '98 and kept himself in game shape, I believe he had several more elite years left in him. Had he played another four seasons through the 01-02 season, barring injury (no guarantee, for sure), no one will ever convince me he wouldn't have been a lot better in that 01-02 season than he was when he came back for that year after sitting out the previous three seasons. That is all.

Oh okay, I actually agree with you on this. That said, I don’t think the Bulls could compete with the Lakers once Phil went there.

What would have been absolutely insane is if MJ signed with the Spurs in 98. Pop + MJ would have been unstoppable in 1999 and the following years tbh.

Idk man, if you compare his time on the Wizards to his time in Chicago, it was a disaster. Vince Carter even had to give up his starting All Star spot to MJ, who was only brought on as a reserve, which is insane to think about. I can’t blame MJ for all of these problems, the Wizards franchise is a joke and historically has been run VERY poorly and, to this day, they are yet to even make the ECF since the title won in the 1970s.
All of this is true. But Nothing will compare to what he did in Chicago. Too high of a standard. At Jordans age and knee issues, he had no chance to match/compete with his own legacy.

Sarg- I was in the know back in those days and the reason for no ‘Wizard-homage’ is because MJ HATES the organization. Recall he was Team President before he temporarily stepped from his position to return to the court. The agreement was he would play for 2 seasons and then retain his position in management. They fired Jordan during his exit meeting. Jordan was shocked, angry and almost came to blows with Abe and co during the meeting. He has hated the Wizards ever since. There was Wizard themed Jordan gear and the Wizard XIIs set to release in 2003- samples are still out there- all was scraped when Jordan was fired. What happened then and what you see now has ZERO to do with Jordan’s play. To assume that is silly. Heck, even Jordan’s maligned baseball days are celebrated by the brand.

Last edited:
Sarg- I was in the know back in those days and the reason for no ‘Wizard-homage’ is because MJ HATES the organization. Recall he was Team President before he temporarily stepped from his position to return to the court. The agreement was he would play for 2 seasons and then retain his position in management. They fired Jordan during his exit meeting. Jordan was shocked, angry and almost came to blows with Abe and co during the meeting. He has hated the Wizards ever since. There was Wizard themed Jordan gear and the Wizard XIIs set to release in 2003- samples are still out there- all was scraped when Jordan was fired. What happened then and what you see now has ZERO to do with Jordan’s play. To assume that is silly. Heck, even Jordan’s maligned baseball days are celebrated by the brand.

Now this actually makes sense. Abe and the Wizards really did screw him on that deal. And we all know how MJ never holds a grudge LOL

Remember when he blew that dunk in the 02 asg. I took sooo much heat for that one. He still got up there though. My roommate and I had a party that night because of the game. Like a super bowl type thing. Very fun time.

Wow, thanks for the info-I knew it was bad but I didn’t realize it ran that deep. As a diehard Wizards fan, this doesn’t surprise me at all-our organization has been run horribly and unethically since forever. I can imagine MJ has a chip on his shoulder from his experience here. The cancerous organizational culture unfortunately even bleeds into our locker-room, even today (and I’ll probably never understand why Ernie Grunfeld has been our GM since 2003 despite years of being terrible or mediocrity, smh).

Remember when he blew that dunk in the 02 asg. I took sooo much heat for that one. He still got up there though. My roommate and I had a party that night because of the game. Like a super bowl type thing. Very fun time.

Man we did the same LOL. When he jacked that dunk I was so not happy, and my boys who like giving me **** for being such a longtime MJ devotee rubbed it in good :rofl:

And then when he drilled what should have been the game winner got screwed by the foul call and Kobe ... I was beside myself. Like soooooo pissed :lol:

I loved watching Zombie mike play. Still had that aura about him on the court like he wasn’t real. Same as I felt as a kid watching him with the bulls. Super hero.
He looked top heavy in person to me

I think it wouldve done him some good to lose some of that bulk in the later years to ease up on his knees.

Man we did the same LOL. When he jacked that dunk I was so not happy, and my boys who like giving me **** for being such a longtime MJ devotee rubbed it in good :rofl:

And then when he drilled what should have been the game winner got screwed by the foul call and Kobe ... I was beside myself. Like soooooo pissed :lol:
That was two different games...

lightning 17
white blue 18

Watch JB run out of stories and put out a "jacked dunk 17" lol

Back
Top Bottom