Air Jordan xxxiv first info

whats the material around the laces? The mids were suede but I can’t tell on these. Nike still hasn’t shipped mine ordered 5/9.
I wondered the same thing before I got them in my greasy little hands. Pictures tend to make it look like smooth leather or synthetic leather, which I wasn't a fan of. But it is actually a synthetic material that I would say is halfway in between nubuck/faux suede and smooth leather. I don't mind it at all.
34L3.jpg

Re: Nike ... the two pairs I ordered the minute these launched on the 7th still haven't shipped (and they'll be going right back since they are both sz 11). Meanwhile, I ordered three pairs of shorts as part of a single order on NDC late Saturday night. Got notification a bit ago that ONE pair of those shorts has shipped. So, launch-day sneakers I bought 12 days ago still haven't moved, and one pair of a three-pair order of shorts has shipped. Then over in the Fire Red V thread, you've got people STILL waiting for their SNKRS pairs to ship, but in the Flint thread you have people who have already received shipping from Sunday night's shock drop. It's totally wackball. I don't know what the **** is going on down there at the distribution center :lol:

Last edited:
jshortt jshortt spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour Back in business, baby!
34L.jpg

That .5 up makes a world of difference. If I wanted to nitpick, I guess I could say these fit me like a bigger Nike sz 11, like how the '16 Space Jams fit. I've got just a smidge more extra space at the end of the toe than I would usually prefer, but it's no problem at all. Between that or having my toes smashed like they were in my TTS pair, it's not even a question that this is the way to go.

Old-school favorite meets new-school favorite. Flames:
34L2.jpg
Did you have lockdown issues with half size up?

jshortt jshortt spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour Back in business, baby!
34L.jpg

That .5 up makes a world of difference. If I wanted to nitpick, I guess I could say these fit me like a bigger Nike sz 11, like how the '16 Space Jams fit. I've got just a smidge more extra space at the end of the toe than I would usually prefer, but it's no problem at all. Between that or having my toes smashed like they were in my TTS pair, it's not even a question that this is the way to go.

Old-school favorite meets new-school favorite. Flames:
34L2.jpg

NICE!! Crazy how much difference that half size makes, isn't it? I'd agree with you on mine feeling like a roomier 12. I usually wear my stuff slightly loose/untied until they break in a little, so I haven't tested true lockdown on them yet. I just know my toes aren't being deformed any more. :lol:

I just ordered my size 13 on Hibbett's since I had $30 in rewards with them that are expiring in a couple of weeks. I'm so OCD with sizing I never size up even if shoes are snug or run loose lol, I just like everything to be 13. It's rare to find a size 13.5 in shoes anyway, and 12.5 seems to go quickly, so I just stick with my 13.

Should I buy black cats for $123+tax or wait a bit longer for prices to drop more?

Just wondering what you guys think. I’ve been out of the 34 loops since the blue voids.

Last edited:
NICE!! Crazy how much difference that half size makes, isn't it? I'd agree with you on mine feeling like a roomier 12. I usually wear my stuff slightly loose/untied until they break in a little, so I haven't tested true lockdown on them yet. I just know my toes aren't being deformed any more. :lol:
NO ****, right? It's nice to be pain free :lol:
I'm like you, I usually don't tie my shoes tight, and I'm just sitting at my WFH desk so I haven't cinched them up tight at all. Even.5 up and tied loose, there's still some minor pressure across the top of my foot/toes from this toebox being so dang low. Definitely was the right move, I'm glad I didn't try to force myself to stick with the sz 11s. Holding these up sole-to-sole with my Concords, they appear to be about the exact same overall length.
I just ordered my size 13 on Hibbett's since I had $30 in rewards with them that are expiring in a couple of weeks. I'm so OCD with sizing I never size up even if shoes are snug or run loose lol, I just like everything to be 13. It's rare to find a size 13.5 in shoes anyway, and 12.5 seems to go quickly, so I just stick with my 13.
Totally get it. Be sure to let us know what you think of the fit, though, when they show up.

Should I buy black cats for $123+tax or wait a bit longer for prices to drop more?

Just wondering what you guys think. I’ve been out of the 34 loops since the blue voids.

With the sales the way they are I'd think those could be had for under $100. They've been sitting for a while and it's all about the Heritages and whatever new colorways are coming out in 2 weeks. If your size is an issue though, maybe don't wait. But I'm a lows guy, so I'm typically going to be looking to get those over mids, depending on the shoe.

With the sales the way they are I'd think those could be had for under $100. They've been sitting for a while and it's all about the Heritages and whatever new colorways are coming out in 2 weeks. If your size is an issue though, maybe don't wait. But I'm a lows guy, so I'm typically going to be looking to get those over mids, depending on the shoe.

If I can get them for under $100 by being patient, I’ll wait! I’m a 12 in these (Nike tts 11.5). Thank you.

It’s crazy to think I’d have to go up to a 12.5 for the lows on these.

I wondered the same thing before I got them in my greasy little hands. Pictures tend to make it look like smooth leather or synthetic leather, which I wasn't a fan of. But it is actually a synthetic material that I would say is halfway in between nubuck/faux suede and smooth leather. I don't mind it at all.
34L3.jpg

Re: Nike ... the two pairs I ordered the minute these launched on the 7th still haven't shipped (and they'll be going right back since they are both sz 11). Meanwhile, I ordered three pairs of shorts as part of a single order on NDC late Saturday night. Got notification a bit ago that ONE pair of those shorts has shipped. So, launch-day sneakers I bought 12 days ago still haven't moved, and one pair of a three-pair order of shorts has shipped. Then over in the Fire Red V thread, you've got people STILL waiting for their SNKRS pairs to ship, but in the Flint thread you have people who have already received shipping from Sunday night's shock drop. It's totally wackball. I don't know what the **** is going on down there at the distribution center :lol:

I might get ids I ordered same day as these before I get these 🤣

the XXX1 lord!!!! Lol

First pair of 34’s?

BTW... bred lows lace tips should def be colored man. Smh

I discovered something that now makes sense about the fit. If you stick your hand inside the shoe and feel up under the toebox ...
On the underside of the suede toe cap just in front of where it meets the gray upper material, you will feel what seems to be a plastic strip. It arches over the top of your foot all the way from one side of the shoe to the other. I suspect it is there to help define/maintain the shape. However, this is also what you feel that is so unforgiving across the top of your feet/toes. The toebox is so low, in my TTS pair (since returned) this piece was way too tight against my foot. Because it's either plastic or something similarly rigid, it's almost certianly not going to stretch or soften with wear. jshortt jshortt , yeah, wearing the TTS pair for longer in an attempt to break it in and make that feeling go away definitely now looks to me like something that wouldn't have happened. We'd have been walking around in them a week later still cussing out the toebox pain :lol:

Yeah, it happens all the time. Not necessarily a fake sellout, because of the reasons mentioned. A lot of shoes disappear from NDC before they do footsites etc. Sometimes they restock, or restock some sizes, and then they disappear first again.
People who are sleeping on these are REALLY sleeping. I said it before ... once these are really gone from everywhere, people who are into classic looking Jordans who didn't get them are going to be sorry. I feel like if the season wasn't suspended and they were able to put this colorway in particular on some of their NBA roster, they'd be gone relatively quick. I think even just being able to see them on other people's feet at the gym or out and about or wherever would convince others to buy them, too.

Seems to me you are having 2nd thoughts. If you really like them, you should have bought them by now. Since you didn't, might as well buy something that you want. It's a fantastic shoe but being indecisive just means you dont like the shoe that much to warrant a purchase.

Ok, dude, now you’re starting to sound like a wussy. :lol:
True LOL. It was more about realizing that if they don’t fit you, the construction probably isn’t going to allow that to change much with wear. If the toe didn’t have this plastic shell in it and was just the suede or whatever, TTS would probably work for everyone.

True LOL. It was more about realizing that if they don’t fit you, the construction probably isn’t going to allow that to change much with wear. If the toe didn’t have this plastic shell in it and was just the suede or whatever, TTS would probably work for everyone.
You make me want to try TTS. :rofl:

the XXX1 lord!!!! Lol

First pair of 34’s?

BTW... bred lows lace tips should def be colored man. Smh

Haha! It's my first pair of the lows. I bought the Blue Voids on release day and I also copped the Amber Rise at a pretty nice discount (for a size 13 that is, we rarely get the good discounts.)

I REALLY wanted the Bayou Boys, the SE, and the Paris pairs, but I struck out when they dropped and I don't want them enough to pay the resale prices.

I've bought a few 32s, 33s, and 34s, but nothing like the 31s.

suede still won't work that well and stretch either. I remember gifting my bro-in-law with that AJ V suede which was a bit smaller, that he had to blower the thing to soften the material. just sayin.
on the otherhand, it's better compared something with a plastic construct which is really bad like the hyperfuses.

That's why I love you guys.

Thanks toneloc & joex - I picked up another 12.5. I know that size is probably going to be impossible to get here soon. Especially for retail. So I bit the bullet.

As soon as you click on 12.5 it says limited quantities.

You make me want to try TTS. :rofl:
LOL Do not do it, I'm telling you. Or do it, and I want to hear your thoughts.
suede still won't work that well and stretch either. I remember gifting my bro-in-law with that AJ V suede which was a bit smaller, that he had to blower the thing to soften the material. just sayin.
on the otherhand, it's better compared something with a plastic construct which is really bad like the hyperfuses.
Definitely true that suede or faux suede (not sure what these are really made of) isn't real stretchy, either. But the plastic bridge inside the toe on these is what got me, as it sat right on top of my feet in my TTS. Honestly it was uncomfortable just standing still. I'm not trying to make it out like it's brutally painful or something, but it's definitely not a pleasant fit.

Back
Top Bottom