Air Jordan xxxiv first info

What about the XX9????

Yeah I know it's subjective but damn the xx8 & xx9 brought the Jordan flagship back to decency though not sure what they were doing with 30-33 and that whole retro inspiration or no lace stuff, 34s are a move back to the 4-14 era, though I like the casual dress era of 16-2k9 (-xx/xx2)......but best EVER, well that belongs to the stuff shells, women's dress boot, GOAT Air Jordan 12.....don't @me I got 45/47 prs

XIIs can't be the GOAT due to that midsole/outsole.

Maybe if they weren't so clunky in the heel and didn't weigh as much. And had better traction too.

XX9s are great shoes. 34s just beat them out. Better cushioning, better heel to toe transition and better looking.

4s probably my favorite design-wise though. It's too bad they only have a couple colorways I like in that model.

Jordan 4.. And 3 with unlocked zoom? Yes please.

Last edited:

Maybe if they weren't so clunky in the heel and didn't weigh as much. And had better traction too.

XX9s are great shoes. 34s just beat them out. Better cushioning, better heel to toe transition and better looking.

4s probably my favorite design-wise though. It's too bad they only have a couple colorways I like in that model.

I would say that being the best doesn't necessarily mean it's best of all the rest. it could be subjective, but objectively speaking, the 34s benefited to the times that cushioning implementation has improved over the years, therefore not making it the best because of the improvement it got due to the availability of the materials is concerned nowadays. it's not necessarily an apples to apples kind of comparison. for it's time, the 34s are indeed the best but I wouldn't say it's better in comparison to something like the original 11s or 12s, especially materials. I still find the regular 11s and 12s better compared to the typical 34s in terms of materials and looks. I say, the only department that the 34s are weak are the upper materials. less does not mean necessarily better. I believe for a signature shoe, it should use the best materials available and best implementation. don't get me wrong, I love the 34s, especially my SE pair. but I wouldn't go on say something what is considered as heresy.

The OG's were tanks for sure. Beat my Taxis and they still look 8/10. The first retro of the 12's was incredible, though. One of the very few retros to actually improve on the OG. They were way lighter, and the zoom was more responsive. They downgraded with the 2015 version, and they were way stiffer with less springy Zoom.

The first retro of the 12's was incredible, though. One of the very few retros to actually improve on the OG.
I don't know if I would take it that far.

Yes, the retro was more comfortable, but there was a noticeable downgrade in the leather. Also the shape was off, which affected the visual appeal.

It's a wash AT BEST for the retro.

Infrareds on FTL if anybody was still looking to pick those up.
Not sure about what's releasing first week of June. Eastbay has a Racer Blue/Black/White colorway. J23 has Laser Orange (just one colorway now, no "EP" listed) & someplace else I saw Black/Laser Orange.

I don't know if I would take it that far.

Yes, the retro was more comfortable, but there was a noticeable downgrade in the leather. Also the shape was off, which affected the visual appeal.

It's a wash AT BEST for the retro.

I'd call cutting weight and improving comfort an improvement. Basically a Protro before Protros existed. But what do I know?

I'd call cutting weight and improving comfort an improvement. Basically a Protro before Protros existed. But what do I know?
I’m not denying those “improvements”, my point was they were not overall better than the OG. And I’m willing to bet they didn’t do it on purpose :lol:

My heritage finally shipped as well. Supposed to be here Wednesday but wouldn’t be surprised by another delay 🤷🏼‍♂️

Lil slow in here so here’s a lil tech vid on the 34’s that popped up in my YT feed:

Love the 34’s aesthetic/casual appeal but based on different peoples wear test vids/reviews, the do sound pretty damn good for ball.

F’n love watchin people’s feet when they play in the chi colorway man. Crazy as this may sound, they just move well. I like seeing them in motion. Got the same feel watchin mj play in the xi’s. They just look good from a distance when someones runnin/jumpin in them.

wish someone could somehow deep fake the chi’s onto 96-98 mj’s feet during a game. Would kill to see him do a fade-away in those. Lol

just cant enough of these man. Lol

DYIN for a new colorway. Lol

You're right. Chicago 34s are the greatest.

Go watch Brad Halls YouTube video. He pasted the shoes on MJ during certain moments of his career/life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200420-233415~2.png
    Screenshot_20200420-233415~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 497
Well it looks like the 6/1 release is the Prints. And nothing on the horizon after that with a month/day or even year attached. The lows are a good shoe but for US-released colorways the only fire one was the Heritages. Good news that the NBA might be back at the end of July, because these shoes are good performers and Nike seems to care less because the casual wearer isn't into the xxxiv apparently. I guess that's why some of the other shoes get colorway after colorway every few weeks, and the 34s get a new colorway once every 2 months, maybe.

I returned my 12.5 lows. I thought they were good but the second day of wearing my pinky toe told me otherwise.

Took them to HoH. All the employees wanted to look at the lows... As they haven't gotten any new shipments in a couple months.

They had 1 size 12 Eclipse. You know what I did. After looking at them in person, Eclipses>Heritages.

Now I have 2 pairs of Chicago's and 2 pairs of Eclipses. Have another 12.5 coming in the lows - they're getting returned to HoH.

I returned my 12.5 lows. I thought they were good but the second day of wearing my pinky toe told me otherwise.

Took them to HoH. All the employees wanted to look at the lows... As they haven't gotten any new shipments in a couple months.

They had 1 size 12 Eclipse. You know what I did. After looking at them in person, Eclipses>Heritages.

Now I have 2 pairs of Chicago's and 2 pairs of Eclipses. Have another 12.5 coming in the lows - they're getting returned to HoH.
It's all personal taste. I bought multiple Heritages, and can't stop looking at them. Keeping them all to rock for years to come. Wouldn't buy one pair of Eclipses for $100; they look clean but don't excite me in the least.
Re: the low sizing, though ... so you actually would need to go a full size up to a 13 if you were to stick with the lows? That's for sure interesting. I've worn mine a fair bit already including shooting out in the driveway in them and they are perfect at .5 up. But I kinda figured some people would have to go all the way to a full size larger.

12.5s felt great, but the left shoe had that plastic strip(that you mentioned) that just rubbed against my toe. No issues with the right shoe. It felt like that strip/toebox height was curved inwards just a little too much on the left shoe.

Ill see if the other 12.5s I have coming have that issue too. I could go up to a 13 but then the length would be too long. 12.5s felt like a somewhat roomy 12, except for that 1 spot on the left shoe by the pinky toe.

If anyone have one heritage size 10 and want to sell(for size or something else) i can buy it...thanks

Didn’t even plan this, just happened to decide to rock the cements ... I know what the grown-up me thinks of the IVs, I wonder what 8th-grade me would’ve thought about the 34s. Cool to see what 30 years can do to sneaker design.
D771BA97-BC0A-4BAA-8E6F-5AC5132F346C.jpeg
You and the 34 need to get a room.

You and the 34 need to get a room.
:lol:
One day you'll be sorry you don't have some on ice. Probably after they totally **** up the 35, 36, 37, etc LOL
The 8th-grade me would actually probably be like, these are sweet, but where's the auto lacing? Where are the flying cars?! Thirty-one years later and shoes still seem to be just--shock--shoes :rofl:

That is a cool thing to think about. What would 8th grade me have thought about this model compared to what my older self thinks about the past model. The problem is your older self can't forget everything you know about the history, the models after ,etc.

Back
Top Bottom