Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

Just a question from the margins: Was the 29 the last time they used a foam for the heel? No Zoom Air?

Sorry XXXVII's just ain't it so far.
20220916_180840.jpg
In a few years people are going to question why they bought these. :lol:

Hooped for 2 hours in these and here’s my thoughts:

Look at Jordan brand QC Lol there is literally glue on the tongue of my left shoe.

Forefoot zoom feels great but still a little stiff out the box. I imagine it needs some more break in time to get better. Compared to the 36s these are more stiff initially whereas the 36 felt soft and plush out of the box.

The fit on these are absolutely amazing. Plenty of lace holes and security when laced tightly. The lenoweave doesn’t peel off the top of my toes or destroy the pinky like the 36 lows. Also 0 heel slip in these whereas the 36 low was giving me problems. I went TTS and do not recommend going a half size down if you plan to hoop in these. They don’t feel as long as the 36 low did.

Heel cushion feels completely dead and unresponsive out of the box. I think it needs more break in time but currently that’s the only main gripe I have. it’s weird there’s no eclipse plate but my right shoe on the medial side is digging into my arch. It’s getting better as it breaks in but thought that was a little strange.

Honestly these are good first impressions for me and will be hooped in regularly. I think they are absolutely fire looking and feel great. JB seems to have another great performer again

Attachments

• 955C64F4-FE3A-4838-A6A4-D0B85150EDC8.jpeg
    955C64F4-FE3A-4838-A6A4-D0B85150EDC8.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 584
  • B59EC269-37AB-44BE-9AD8-F165CAFCBCD2.jpeg
    B59EC269-37AB-44BE-9AD8-F165CAFCBCD2.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 705
Tried these on at the store today, like the guy above said the cushion in the forefoot was not has bouncy as the 36. Matter of fact to compare I had the 36 on one foot and the 37 on the other and it was night and day. Heel cushion was completely dead, and ready to be bottomed out. If these are supposed to be to be based on the 7's, one thing I noticed from hooping in the retros years ago is the material around the ankle is flimsy just like the 7's . No support at all, shoe might has well be a low top. And I get all that, it's where your foot is in the shoe and not material around the ankle area. No tightening up of the shoestrings and re-lacing them made me feel confident, if I was to hoop in them, just like the 7's.

Screenshot_20220919-143300.jpg

Found this picture and cropped it from IG while looking for some 37 colorways, looks like lows are gonna ditch that gauze toebox.

IG @celtics_fra
Whoever approved some of the choices for the 37 is questionable, but whoever missed the mark again with the design of the lows that is such uninspired it's mindblowing!

Last edited:
Tried them on at JD Sports (they’re killin it btw).

If you coo for casual make sure you rockin clean socks lol. Very much more transparent than the prior one. Comfort wise they’re dope. Casual wise I’d rock them. Serious. Again, make sure you rock clean socks.
24F20788-D94C-476B-ABF2-F49FB372A8E4.jpeg

If there’s a color I’d be wearing its these here. Casual I just can’t see it tho lol so I’m out.

Tried them on at JD Sports (they’re killin it btw).

If you coo for casual make sure you rockin clean socks lol. Very much more transparent than the prior one. Comfort wise they’re dope. Casual wise I’d rock them. Serious. Again, make sure you rock clean socks.
24F20788-D94C-476B-ABF2-F49FB372A8E4.jpeg

JB has literally been hit or miss since the 30s imo with the evens getting the better luck. And that’s strictly aesthetics.

30s ight besides looking like some sort of condom for my feet so those were ultimately skipped.

I tried these on and the arch was digging into my foot. Has anyone else experienced that. It seems like it could possibly break in,

I tried these on and the arch was digging into my foot. Has anyone else experienced that. It seems like it could possibly break in,
Just came out of a 4 hour hoop session and same thing. When I first put it on my right shoe was digging in the arch. Laced them up tighter and ran a game and I didn’t even feel it once. For me it definitely broke in and really the only complaint I have is the lackluster heel cushion.

Back
Top Bottom