Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

I think it’s lame that they are still retroing early models with a moden twist. The 31 was cool but are they redoing all of them?
I’d like to see something new
100% agree. Though it's been apparent that JB ran out of creative juice/magic many many years ago. The last model that I actually had that sense of amazement with when first seeing the design was the 20. 21-37 has for the most part been meh. This whole "re-imagining" line has been wildly underwhelming visually

100% agree. Though it's been apparent that JB ran out of creative juice/magic many many years ago. The last model that I actually had that sense of amazement with when first seeing the design was the 20. 21-37 has for the most part been meh. This whole "re-imagining" line has been wildly underwhelming visually
If you don’t mind me asking what did you not like about XXI, XXIII, and XXXII?

If you don’t mind me asking what did you not like about XXI, XXIII, and XXXII?
They just lacked the "it factor" that used to separate jordan sigs from everything else. The 23 was pretty cool I did have a few of them but they felt a little forced with MJs signature plastered all over them. Midsole was badass though. 21 was semi cool but still very safe and lackluster to me. 32 was a gigantic miss in my eyes. Looks nothing like something that belongs in the jordan sig portfolio. Just my opinions of course. I did have a pair of the white/black/red 36 recently and I thought they were actually really nice

most probable is that they hired the wrong people to do the designs. seen a few concept shoes that are better than what JB hired people can come up with.

most probable is that they hired the wrong people to do the designs. seen a few concept shoes that are better than what JB hired people can come up with.
Do you remember the 22 samples? Those were actually REALLY cool.
nike-jordan-sam-06-1.jpg

I know the 22 didn't get much love but the final product was a pretty cool design. Had a dope futuristic vibe

That's a great prototype. The XXIV had much better colors on it's prototype. The XIV had some really cool prototypes as well.

I do hope eventually we see more history than just putting carpet on the 1's or yellowing and dirt and cracking on the III's. I don't really think the signatures have gone downhill, but the retro's sure have. I really want some fresh XXI's, more XVII's, and more variety in general.

That's a great prototype. The XXIV had much better colors on it's prototype. The XIV had some really cool prototypes as well.

I do hope eventually we see more history than just putting carpet on the 1's or yellowing and dirt and cracking on the III's. I don't really think the signatures have gone downhill, but the retro's sure have. I really want some fresh XXI's, more XVII's, and more variety in general.
I remember seeing a video back in the day of Jordan looking at the 14 prototype and saying "do this with this, connect this with this". I want the og 17s back white/blue/black. What a bomb *** shoe that was

21 retros would be killer. I’d be like a little kid at disney world or some s***

I think it’s lame that they are still retroing early models with a moden twist. The 31 was cool but are they redoing all of them?
I’d like to see something new
I think it would be cool to end at the 40, to round out the first 10. Definitely not past the 14, which would be the last shoe he wore as a bull.

I think it would be cool to end at the 40, to round out the first 10. Definitely not past the 14, which would be the last shoe he wore as a bull.
Following the 31+ trend, seeing what they did with the 37...which is unfortunately a little bit subpar as far as looks is concerned compared to what could have been. Before the 37 were revealed and looking forward I was already wondering what they'd do with the 8/38 following that same logic as I cannot envision a proper future Jordan iteration that breathes performance, with straps while still being innovative and original in 2023 as they've used their best effort in that department with the xxx3 in my opinion.

Although there are some other great features they could use from the 8 for inspiration.

As for the 39, while I can appreciate them as a whole I definitely don't see any particular unique/special design cues they could use from the 9 as nothing special really stands out from this shoe, so time to go all out with some original out of the box never seen before stuff for this one! For the 10/40...no really special feature to salvage from the 10 either BUT I can very well see JB recuperate the overall shape design as inspiration with its flowing lines and give them the 34-36 overall style treatment, some flyweave, stroble zoom, double stack zoom at heel and forefoot+ integrated carbon plate within the middole ala Nike zoom AlphaFly Next % and a midsole look that's a cross between the 36 and the 10 with its flowing lines again to match the rest of the design. That would be a great prequel to the 41, just sayin' , now we can all start dreaming about what it could be... I already have my idea! 😁

Following the 31+ trend, seeing what they did with the 37...which is unfortunately a little bit subpar as far as looks is concerned compared to what could have been. Before the 37 were revealed and looking forward I was already wondering what they'd do with the 8/38 following that same logic as I cannot envision a proper future Jordan iteration that breathes performance, with straps while still being innovative and original in 2023 as they've used their best effort in that department with the xxx3 in my opinion.

Although there are some other great features they could use from the 8 for inspiration.

As for the 39, while I can appreciate them as a whole I definitely don't see any particular unique/special design cues they could use from the 9 as nothing special really stands out from this shoe, so time to go all out with some original out of the box never seen before stuff for this one! For the 10/40...no really special feature to salvage from the 10 either BUT I can very well see JB recuperate the overall shape design as inspiration with its flowing lines and give them the 34-36 overall style treatment, some flyweave, stroble zoom, double stack zoom at heel and forefoot+ integrated carbon plate within the middole ala Nike zoom AlphaFly Next % and a midsole look that's a cross between the 36 and the 10 with its flowing lines again to match the rest of the design. That would be a great prequel to the 41, just sayin' , now we can all start dreaming about what it could be... I already have my idea! 😁
Imo, The 40's will have very similar bottom or another list of stats.

I want the og 17s back white/blue/black.
100% but for general release make it without that metal case that doubles the price please!!

For those really that want the metal case, just make a limited numbered edition made of titanium, platinum or whatever that's available only on sneakers so people that don't really care about shoes for what they are can fight over with bots and resellers and make the price high enough that nobody will be able to resell them for a hundred years after!

Back
Top Bottom