Air Jordan's you HATED at first sight, but now must have !

Well... We all know the story,We wait 10 months to get a glimpse of the up coming sig AJ, before the Internet , we would visit our local footlocker store to see the colour Nike catalogue for the upcoming year releases.Turning to the air Jordan section of the catalogue was make or break !Each year since 1990 for me, it was either I love it or hated the new sig model !Times haven't changed, I have not liked the 2011 or 2012, in 2-3 years time maybe, but they are not on my radar.So I ask, what OG's or retros you hated but now must have ?For, it was the 1's, 12's, 4's, 3's, 22's, 2010's !Over time I have come to appreciate these models and spent alot of time hunting them down , or making sure I got the retro !

Never really liked the XVIII's when they dropped but if they retroed I'd cop for sure.
also never appreciated the 1's but would love a pair of banned 1's.

First time I saw a pair of 7, I didn't like it that much... But now I Need a pair of Bordeaux!

xiii and xiv put me off the line for many years. i really dig them both these days. the xiv are incredibly comfy.

IXs were sorry upon initial release. I never even saw the Air Jordan X until Michael came out of retirement (no one had these kicks where I was @, because no one cared. I was 11 @ the time and didn't follow every basketball game to see other players rockin' these.), and upon first sight, I though everything after the XI paled in comparison (In my personal opinion, this is where the hype turned into hysteria). Then, everything from XV-XVIII I loved at first glance!

This may sound crazy to a lot of younger guys, but please consider all the other raw sneakers that Nike had out during this time. Some of these Jordan sigs were no match. Especially when Michael wasn't out there scoring in them (i.e. IX, X).

i didn't really care about the playoff 13s. now i really would like a pair of these as they have really grown on me. it was flints all day, back in 98 -_-

Yhea just like eltouha I hated the 14's. When they were retroed in 05' 06' I thought to my self "why are people at school spending money on such a wack shoe", now im steady looking for those same 05' 06' retros online to buy lol

i was a senior when the IX's came out, i thought it looked weird compared to the VI's, VII's and VIII's. now i still can't find myself to like it.

Oh yeah and just picked up my Olympic 6s (08) and was gonna immediately trade them but fell in love i have no clue why but with some Levi 511s they couldn't look better!!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I didn't like 7s and 9s when I first saw them. They grew on me however. Still mad about how I sold my Bordeauxs.

wasn't too fond of xiv's when i first started getting into shoes and now they seem very "crisp"

Citrus VII. When I saw them before I just shook my head and didn't think much of them, but now I can't believe I missed out. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

I have 3 off the muscle:

Air Jordan 3 "Stealth"

Air Jordan 5 "USA"

Air Jordan 9 "Citrus"
Had the Stealths, returned them and ended up getting Last Shots, kinda regret that.
Still on the hunt for some 5 USAs.  Love those shoes.

White/grey 19s hated every pic then the night before RD had a dream about coppin em and did lol

I remember being really let down by the wht/blk/red XIII when I saw the big poster advertised in champs sports early before they released , I just stuck with my flue game XII's and bought a pair of blk/white/gold Iverson DMX Answers instead
pimp.gif
,eventually I ended up "NEEDING" pair, some how watching MJ masacar people on the court changed my outlook on them.

Mocha IIIs. I even remember when they were on the sales rack and I still wouldn't buy them I thought they were that hideous. Now I gotta have a pair.
-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

Originally Posted by eltouha

xiii and xiv put me off the line for many years. i really dig them both these days. the xiv are incredibly comfy.

I feel ya, never really was interested in the xiv. never even tried it on it the store. I cop'd a pair of grey & blue's on ebay for like $80 that were DS. I dont think anyone could pass a deal up like that. Now that i have tried them on, and wore them i'm in love. Super comfy and i get hella compliments even though they are still on the shelf round here. After i bought those i got the last shots, and i'm look for the chartreuse, and i def be cop'n the new retros this summer. i wear the shoes i buy, and these are extremely comfertable to do just about anything in. 

the twos....underrated shoe compared to some others id love a pair of ogs, the melos, of the most recent baby blue joints

Back
Top Bottom