AIR MAX 2011 Spring '11 **PICS**

Wore these for the first time tonight to the gym. My humble opinion...Cushioning-you already knowUpper-everything is thinner and lighter. Makes them very comfortable, and no snug toe box like the 10's. These are very loose, almost to the point where they feel somewhat unstable because the material is so flexible my foot moved around quite a bit. The tongue is as thin as a piece of paper at the top where it contacts the ankle, and made of a paper/rubber type of material...took a little while to get used to it. The thicker piece of foam behind the ankle is gone and again, replaced by a thinner piece, but it's comfortable. The large reflective AIR MAX lettering on the heal lights up like a UFO.My concern is long term durability, but this is a very comfortable shoe. I have 30 pairs of the 09's, and 15 pairs of the 10's...not ready to call these the best yet, but let's just say I have ordered all 5 pairs that initially posted up on Nike.com and the black/grey is what I wore tonight. If you like the way the 09's feel, and you like the look of these, you are going to like this shoe...at least that is what I think. Order the same size you wore in the 09's, not the 10's.

Wore these for the first time tonight to the gym. My humble opinion...Cushioning-you already knowUpper-everything is thinner and lighter. Makes them very comfortable, and no snug toe box like the 10's. These are very loose, almost to the point where they feel somewhat unstable because the material is so flexible my foot moved around quite a bit. The tongue is as thin as a piece of paper at the top where it contacts the ankle, and made of a paper/rubber type of material...took a little while to get used to it. The thicker piece of foam behind the ankle is gone and again, replaced by a thinner piece, but it's comfortable. The large reflective AIR MAX lettering on the heal lights up like a UFO.My concern is long term durability, but this is a very comfortable shoe. I have 30 pairs of the 09's, and 15 pairs of the 10's...not ready to call these the best yet, but let's just say I have ordered all 5 pairs that initially posted up on Nike.com and the black/grey is what I wore tonight. If you like the way the 09's feel, and you like the look of these, you are going to like this shoe...at least that is what I think. Order the same size you wore in the 09's, not the 10's.

Thanks for the review, that's a lot of air max, wish I had that many! Last two CW posted are both sick.

Originally Posted by shaqrules

Originally Posted by dmxgod

I kinda like those LIVESTRONG Air Max 2011s..i'll wait till they drop in price or hit an outlet tho..
that's what i said about the LIVESTRONG am09 and it never happened...and i loved those.  i love these and i'm not goin to make the same mistake twice.
the men's LIVESTRONG's are off the site already!!!  weird cause the wmn's cw is still on.  i wonder if they sold out of the pre-sale

Thanks for the review.

Really leaning towards the grey based colorways (like the orange and uni blue) and the all black pair up on Eastbay.

Originally Posted by h22809

Wore these for the first time tonight to the gym. My humble opinion... Cushioning-you already know Upper-everything is thinner and lighter. Makes them very comfortable, and no snug toe box like the 10's. These are very loose, almost to the point where they feel somewhat unstable because the material is so flexible my foot moved around quite a bit. The tongue is as thin as a piece of paper at the top where it contacts the ankle, and made of a paper/rubber type of material...took a little while to get used to it. The thicker piece of foam behind the ankle is gone and again, replaced by a thinner piece, but it's comfortable. The large reflective AIR MAX lettering on the heal lights up like a UFO. My concern is long term durability, but this is a very comfortable shoe. I have 30 pairs of the 09's, and 15 pairs of the 10's...not ready to call these the best yet, but let's just say I have ordered all 5 pairs that initially posted up on Nike.com and the black/grey is what I wore tonight. If you like the way the 09's feel, and you like the look of these, you are going to like this shoe...at least that is what I think. Order the same size you wore in the 09's, not the 10's.
Dang, I ordered my 2010 size.  How'd you get a pair already?

Eastbay is shipping, so I bought the black/grey from them and received yesterday. Finishline also has them up now and are showing the white/black and black/grey to be ready for ship, with the others not. Also glad the FL pic shows the white in a grayish tone so it is not all white like the Nike.com pic. FL is showing these available at the local store, so I will run by there and grab them so I don't have to wait for Nike to ship. FL is also the only place I have seen the grey/red for sale.

Originally Posted by h22809

Eastbay is shipping, so I bought the black/grey from them and received yesterday. Finishline also has them up now and are showing the white/black and black/grey to be ready for ship, with the others not. Also glad the FL pic shows the white in a grayish tone so it is not all white like the Nike.com pic. FL is showing these available at the local store, so I will run by there and grab them so I don't have to wait for Nike to ship. FL is also the only place I have seen the grey/red for sale.
Just went by my local FNL, and while the website said they were available, the guy said they couldn't sell them until Feb. 9.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

never wear them wrote:

Only Getting the black/Volt from those up there.

The all grey looks dope. Gotta see those in person tho. The black air bubble kills it for me. Should've been A diff color, like orange or baby blue.
Nike-Air-Max-2011-Wolf-Grey-Black-Total-Orange.jpg

Nike-Air-Max-2011-New.jpg

Both of these will be copped!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by dbff

Outside of the Foamposites that release this year, these have been the shoe I've been looking forward to. Like ReturnBama said, I'm also having trouble deciding on which colorway I would want to cop.

Right now, I think the Livestrong and volt colorways are the AM 2011s strongest, but that might change when I get to see both pairs in person. What kills the white/navy pair is the amount of white on the shoe; it's definitely way too much of it, which spoils what could have been a great colorway.

Finally, I think the sleeper colorway is the grey/red one. Something tells me that I'm going to really love it when I see it in person...
I think the grey-based ones look the best: grey/red, grey/orange, grey/light blue.

The grey ones do look nice, especially the grey/red colorway. That colorway is usually successful on Air Maxes.

I really need to see these in person, specifically the volt colorway. All of the pictures I have seen of that colorway look VERY different, not to mention that the FNL pictures look like crap.

My store got FSR's of a few different colors today. Finishlines around the US should have most or all of these in stock in the next few days.
Tried a pair on real quick, feel very very nice, little different from the 2010's

i saw these in person at my local nike store, they brought em out for me but were like we cant sell em to you, yea yea i know..........anyways i tried em on and got a good look at em.

THESE WILL BE COPPED

o yea they associate told me the 2011 air maxes are going right on nikeID when they release also.........

Those oranges a few pages back go HARD. I'm just hoping for a Volt/Volt again..

Originally Posted by Al Audi

o yea they associate told me the 2011 air maxes are going right on nikeID when they release also.........

Thanks for that news.  I was very disappointed when they skipped IDing the 2010.  I guess they have to bring out the '11s it would seem really strange to still be on the 09 for IDs when you can buy GR 11s 

My wallet is alreadt hurting withe the I'd news but I am pumped since I haven't liked any other CWs yet.

Back
Top Bottom