AIR MAX 2011 Spring '11 **PICS**

how are these compared to the 2010? Is it a different feel to it or just the upper that's changed?

Originally Posted by thapointguy

how are these compared to the 2010? Is it a different feel to it or just the upper that's changed?
Feels/fits much more like a 2009 than a 2010.  Less material on the upper than 2010.

I'm thinking these will be my next GR purchase, unless something better drops. I've seen them in person and they're nice.

I'd be all over those if I were a tOSU fan. I don't like the black midsole and I would prefer a lighter shade of grey. Still waiting for some volts (or any GR pair I like enough to buy).

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Feels/fits much more like a 2009 than a 2010.  Less material on the upper than 2010.

Thanks, I like the 2011 more than 09/10 because of the more breathable upper.

NWT - Your brother able to hook you up on these yet?? Im hoping my boy can hook me up, that 160 and no coupons is killing me

After trying a pair on for the sixth time, I brought a pair home.

000V052jKQe.jpg

I'm gonna test these out, before I order the IDs that I've designed. If I don't love em, I'm gonna ID some Lunarglides

Those grey and challenge red are extremely nice just hoping the volts have a white midsole and are a nice shade of grey..

Originally Posted by carbonsilver

jeffgdula wrote:
Originally Posted by carbonsilver

Is this the same one with the purple midsole on NDC?
Yes.

Hmm, that's the one I wanted the most, sucks the midsole isn't really purple. What makes you dislike them?

Just don't like the look at all.  Too much black and the purple doesn't really pop.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

I'm thinking these will be my next GR purchase, unless something better drops. I've seen them in person and they're nice.

These dont look that shiny in person.

i am not in love with any of the GR colorways of these. i am afraid i am gonna have to be like jeff and ID some. i am crossing my fingers for better colors dropping soon.

I guess the delayed shipment notice I got meant they were only one day behind on their schedule. I just checked my tracking number and they are in Alaska so I expect my first two to be here by Monday at the latest.

The next two are scheduled to ship out this Friday and the last two next week. I'll post pics as soon as I get them. And on second thought, the gray is too dark on those red ones. I'll probably just stack up again and do one more big order of IDs in a few months.

I really need new options though. Need to see some white bubbles on ID and some new colors like teal, obsidian and khaki.

IS there are drop date on the MENS Volt? Is it a true Volt colorway like what is seen in jeffgdula's IDs or is it more of a green like the womens? I know there has also been some talk about the midsole color is anything confirmed as sample pics are usually incorrect...

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

I guess the delayed shipment notice I got meant they were only one day behind on their schedule. I just checked my tracking number and they are in Alaska so I expect my first two to be here by Monday at the latest.

The next two are scheduled to ship out this Friday and the last two next week. I'll post pics as soon as I get them. And on second thought, the gray is too dark on those red ones. I'll probably just stack up again and do one more big order of IDs in a few months.

I really need new options though. Need to see some white bubbles on ID and some new colors like teal, obsidian and khaki.

How do you know when they are scheduled to ship?

I would like new color options too, but I would say that is HIGHLY unlikely.  Nike only changes the color options on the older air maxes on iD.  Obsidian and some other colors would be nice though.

Originally Posted by bc60997

IS there are drop date on the MENS Volt? Is it a true Volt colorway like what is seen in jeffgdula's IDs or is it more of a green like the womens? I know there has also been some talk about the midsole color is anything confirmed as sample pics are usually incorrect...

It hasn't even been confirmed that there is a silver/volt CW.  I have just seen lots of pics of them and hope/assume they will drop at some point.  The midsole on all of them has been white (but other things have changed - black/volt swoosh, volt/grey laces, reflective silver/volt text on heel).

There is a silver/neo (not neon) green CW dropping in a couple of days at footlocker.  This is the same green as the girls black/green shoes posted above and is more green than the volt color.

Originally Posted by krskix

i am not in love with any of the GR colorways of these. i am afraid i am gonna have to be like jeff and ID some. i am crossing my fingers for better colors dropping soon.
Same. I copped one pair so far but none of the others jump out to me and say "spend the $160!"

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

How do you know when they are scheduled to ship?

I IM'd with a customer service rep and found out that when you place an order with Nike ID, they assign a scheduled shipping date to each order. Each order also gets a tracking number at the same time.

Once I found that out, I asked for the scheduled shipping dates on all of my orders.

As far as the colorways on these, Nike is seriously dropping the ball. The Air Max 2011 could be as versatile as the Air Max 95, but they keep putting out very bland almost monotone colorways on these. Nike, if you're reading this, step your game up and let's get some inspired Air Max 2011s. I shouldn't have to drop $200 before taxes to get a decent pair of your latest shoes that retail for 20% less than that.

I agree that Nike is dropping the ball with these GRs, and ID color options. I don't mind spending money for something that I like, but they're not motivating me. That's one of the reasons that I only have 1 pair. I'm praying that the upcoming CWs step it up.

There must be a reason that University/Sky blue is RARELY an option on ID.

Back
Top Bottom