Air Max Force (Michigan Fab Five)

copped mine today wit military discount :D
happy.gif
Quote:
Lawrence Moten (syracuse)
Needed in sz. 11.5-12: Union 180's, Blk/Blu 180, Grape V, Blk/Red xii's, St. Patty, Blk/Blk Gum Euro, Chamber of fear complacency, hype, hater, Holland AF1's, De La Hi sb's..F/S Mars IV SZ. 10.5 & [email protected][/b]
[/quote]

Quote:
Isn't Rob Pelinka that overrated bum Bryant's agent?

Yes. He's among the few who gestured for CWebb to call that infamous timeout. Like someone mentioned, he's the one who engineered that incident for Carlos Boozer with Cleveland and Utah. He's also Kobe's agent who may or may not have anything to do with Kobe making those Shaq-related comments during the Colorado fiasco (I seem to recall one of ESPN's articles mentioning something of the kind but no one was able to find any solid evidence though). That is why I believe he may be one of devil's henchmen/underlings.

This may be blasphemy here, but I played in mine last night for nostalgia's sake. They were GREAT!!! Felt just like I remember. Forefoot cushioning was thick but unresponsive, but court feel was good and impact was minimal. I may pick up another pair now to DS, because I will play in these again.

Does it bother anyone that these are being re-retroed? Or am i the only one who feels like nikes general direction of retro releases should make a true shoe enthusiast disappointed? The OG's were incredible. The 1st retro was well deserved. But now a second time? What's the stopping point. The 3rd re-retro?

anyone have a side by side comparison to the 2000 retros? want to see the bubble difference

FT: DS 11 Olive V for a sz 10 Olive V or 9.5 Black/Caro V
FS:DS 10 Grape V $185 + shipping or trade for a 9.5 Black/CAro V
FS: DS Icey VI sz10 Blk/Red $299
FS: DS Icey V sz10 Blk/sil $250

Duke4005 - I agree! I balled in mine a couple times now. I am shocked. They feel amazing. Not too hard in the sole, nice court grip. All around good. These are a great retro. The tongue is much better than the 2000 retro.

JRose5 - I didn't post that picture. That had to be a outtake photo.

Why are people angry they retro'd these again???? The did an awesome job with this retro. I couldn't play in my 2000s anymore, they were beat afew years ago. It was great they re-released them.

Slam him if you want, but Pelinka's done well for himself. He went from another law school grad to a millionaire in about 5 years.

Rob Pelinka is criticized because he has done UMich a dis-service and he has yet to man up and admit it. That may not be important to you, but you might want to read the title of the post and see if you can see if there's any relevance to the people who might care. Thanks for an unsolicited opinion though.

Just ordered my pair from finishline.com...can't believe they still have them in stock.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.​

Quote:
Does it bother anyone that these are being re-retroed? Or am i the only one who feels like nikes general direction of retro releases should make a true shoe enthusiast disappointed? The OG's were incredible. The 1st retro was well deserved. But now a second time? What's the stopping point. The 3rd re-retro?
Scoring the ball is pretty much like breathing to me - Kobe​

juschiang:

bro, i read the title of the post... Chris Webber and a couple of other guys left the basketball program trashed and it hasn't recovered after 10 years. That is the real irony. Pelinka may be shady, but he has never done anything to bring sanctions against the university. I loved the fab five and they did some cool things for the university but the aftermath of Webber is a tragedy and has erased anything that he did, and subsquently the fab five did, for the university by ten fold. Remember the Fab Five arrived on campus 2 years after a national title. MSU should not be a top 10 basketball program. UofM won a nat'l title in 1989 and had some good recruits, they were poised to be a Duke/UNC/Kansas/Arizona/UCLA. But people did things to hurt the unviersity and Michigan basketball has dropped off the map. Power shifted and MSU prospered as UofM crashed and burned. On the rare occasion I see someone in Crisler wearing a Webber jerseys (one with his name on the back b/c horton wore the jersey the last few years), I just want to blast them in the jaw. Do they celebrate the removal of banners, the sanctions, and the current team's sub-standard level of talent? I don't want to get into a pay to play battle or NCAA is evil nor do I fully understand the extreme poverty that Jalen, CWebb or Juwan came from, but we do know that CWebb violated the estbalished rules and hurt the university. JRose and Juwan had similiar backgrounds and may actually have been worse off, but they have never been linked to taking money.

Quote:
Chris Webber and a couple of other guys left the basketball program trashed and it hasn't recovered after 10 years. That is the real irony. Pelinka may be shady, but he has never done anything to bring sanctions against the university.

Could UMich have won that national championship if CWebb didn't call that time out? I don't know but I do know I would love to have had the chance to find out and Pelinka was one of the few who robbed the team and school of that.

You can say CWebb and the guys left the program in shambles but if you want to wash the athletic director, the department and the school clean of the responsibility, I don't think that's fair to CWebb and the guys, either. The ugly truth is virtually all programs cheat, to one degree or another. To quote Sir Charles: "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying..." it's just Billy Martin got caught that made situation what it is.

Sure, the sanctions might have had major impact on recruiting, but so did the fact Brian Ellerbe couldn't recruit to save his own life (Tommy Amaker as well to a certain degree). After repeated deep runs Tom Izzo and the Spartans had in the late 90's, there really was no way anyone at UMich could do anything to turn the tide, sanctions or not, just like when MSU had a nice run from Magic to Steve Smith and then the tide turned in the Wolverines' favor when Glen Rice, Terry Mills and the guys arrived on the scene.

I totally understand your point of view in your 2nd post because no matter what, what CWebb did was wrong and should not be condoned (even though it'll continue to exist). At the same time, I think guys like Rob Pelinka and Dugan Fife really should get the heat they deserve for messing it up on the court for UMich as well.

I passed by my local Footlocker today and I got the last one in size 10! Maaaaaaan, Christmas shopping gone bad. I love surprises like that. Just gotta pick up extra shifts for the next month.
Baltimore Ravens, Portland Trailblazers, & New York Yankees. I know, I know... I live in Socal.

All NYC Nters...V.I.M on 86th street got them. They just got them in yesterday and they also got the black flight 89's.

juschiang:
Yes. He's among the few who gestured for CWebb to call that infamous timeout.

No he wasn't. The tapes clearly show that Michael Talley gestured the time out.

juschiang:
Rob Pelinka is criticized because he has done UMich a dis-service and he has yet to man up and admit it. That may not be important to you, but you might want to read the title of the post and see if you can see if there's any relevance to the people who might care. Thanks for an unsolicited opinion though.

And may I ask how he has done Michigan a disservice?

JR5
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Starting for Michigan at forward, a 6-9 freshman from Detroit, MI #4 Chris Webber; at forward, a 6-6 freshman from Austin, TX #21 Ray Jackson; at center, a 6-9 freshman from Chicago, IL #25 Juwan Howard; at guard a 6-5 freshman from Plano, TX #24 Jimmy King; and at guard, a 6-8 freshman from Detroit, MI #5 Jalen Rose. They were known as the "Greatest Class Ever Recruited" or simply known as the Fab Five ~ Mitch Albom [/font]

So which one of you ordered 4 pairs from Finish Line? I shipped those out the other day.
TEAMTRACY
Started in the bay
Tracy, California please STAND UP

Quote:
No he wasn't. The tapes clearly show that Michael Talley gestured the time out.

I remember seeing a still photo either on "Beyond the Glory" or one of ESPN's shows that showed Pelinka gesturing for the timeout but if you think differently, then that's that.

And yes, Pelinka is Kobe's agent.

^^******** Why don't you try Eastbay with the 20% off? Backordered but $87 isn't bad.
"Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar

Back
Top Bottom