Air Max Tailwind Retro (2019)

Having tried these on I wasn't a fan of the almost symmetrical shape (meaning you have to take a second to figure which is left/right). But variety is what we need. So I'm happy that people who want them have got em. In the mean while I'm stoked with my fragment Daybreaks and now some Elite vintage. These are keeping me happy on the retro side.
What size? How do they fit and do you have pics of them with denim?

Without going off thread, these:
https   hypebeast com image 2018 03 size nike elite og 8 jpg  1080×720 .png

No pics with denim yet as I've put them away. Production quality is pretty p!ss poor even by Nike standards. The vintage treatment paint is accidentally dabbed on parts of the upper. The mudguard is off by a noticeable (to me) no. of milimetres, suede varys between left and right and so does the nylon parts - this last part might seem extreme but it really makes a difference. Shiny textured/weaved nylon colour reacts to the light differently depending on how the weave is. I ended up going through a few pairs to find a match.

With regards to fit - TTS. I could go half down but just not worth it. For wide footers these might not be a good choice - I think I am a wide foot and they squish my feet at the front. That said I will suffer for my art!

My plan is to clean the vintage treatment to become a white midsole again. Though I kinda got used to the muted look.

Hope that helps you and others out (albeit on a Tailwind thread!)

They might as well make a vintage runner thread, no air no care is the mantra around here. It should be fine that we discuss all of these dope 70s models in one thread since they prob wont stand on their own.

Thanks for the feedback bro.
upload_2018-12-6_4-29-22.jpeg

I wanted these and finally found my size but you just shot up all kinds of red flags to OCD me on nonsymmetrical shoes

Just ordered a size 11 for retail. I wear 12 in Jordans and 11.5-12 in AM1's. Super excited to try them on after reading this thread and watching the reviews.

They might as well make a vintage runner thread, no air no care is the mantra around here. It should be fine that we discuss all of these dope 70s models in one thread since they prob wont stand on their own.

Agreed - lots of silouhettes I have yet to discover. Even if I don't buy it's nice to learn and see them. Even nicer when they're ones away from the hypefest these days (e.g. copped my Air Spans on discount! Result :smokin)

Thanks for the feedback bro.
upload_2018-12-6_4-29-22.jpeg

I wanted these and finally found my size but you just shot up all kinds of red flags to OCD me on nonsymmetrical shoes

No probs man. Been a long time lurker on here but realised whilst I like a low digital footprint it is only a community if we participate. I've learnt and discovered loads over the years from peeps.

I hope your pair are good - I'm kind of glad though that I'm not along in being eagle-eyed to minute details. I literally spent [cumalitively] hours looking at the different pairs I had in hand. I also got the tape measure out to rule out any optical illusions!

Related but also still digressing with tailwinds... what the f.. is wrong with Nike not being able to make the left and right pairs of a trainer/sneaker match? Also I get the impression that they're made at completely different times meaning we end up in different cuts of materials and even more mismatch! Sooooo annoying!:angry:

I hope your pair are good - I'm kind of glad though that I'm not along in being eagle-eyed to minute details. I literally spent [cumalitively] hours looking at the different pairs I had in hand. I also got the tape measure out to rule out any optical illusions!

Related but also still digressing with tailwinds... what the f.. is wrong with Nike not being able to make the left and right pairs of a trainer/sneaker match? Also I get the impression that they're made at completely different times meaning we end up in different cuts of materials and even more mismatch! Sooooo annoying!:angry:

Are you me?

Im pretty sure Nike's way of dealing with the China tariffs was to find cheaper labor and less skilled workers.

Sometimes when I look at my shadows I start getting visions of one lonely worker in there that has fallen on hard times so he had to take this low paying Nike job this year, even though Nike was good to him in years past. But he's in there putting my shoes together with that old school pride and determination to make a perfect pair. In front of him sits a couple of baskets with the leather panels he needs to sew together. Deliberately picking out matching pieces of higher quality, he's determined to make atleast one decent pair of these things before this run is over. It puts no more rice on his dinner plate to do this but he does it anyway because he still has something they call 'pride'. And boy do I appreciate him for it.

I wish he worked in the am1 anniversary red section because I bought 5 pairs and not a single one matched up. Right heel lowwwww, left heel hiiiigh, right heel loooow, left heel hiiiigh, right heel slanted, left heel hiiiigh etc etc. Theres theres the mesh at the toe. and the gluing position of the toe and the rubber. Waaaay too many parts to get right for these dudes. The materials are butter, the craftmanship is butt

Nike needs to let go of some of these profits. Its getting stupid and obvious.

Because they're 2 totally different shoes.
Or make it like an Official Tailwind Retro thread for whatever TW model. But that's quite a big family, and we also don't have an Official Air Max thread, for the same reason.

I like your logic lol

Seriously though, getting an actual matching pair of shoes out of these people is like pulling teeth. A couple years ago 2 pairs gave you good odds to match up, now 5 isnt even getting it done. Their QC needs an overhaul yesterday. Or theyre well aware and this is their way of combatting the tariffs.

Hahah. My sneaker brother from another mother!

Well, if there are two of us that are this detailed with QC of our trainers than that means neither of us can be classed as mad right... :lol:
I like your logic lol

Seriously though, theres nothing crazy about wanting the same material on both shoes, getting an actual matching pair of shoes out of these people is like pulling teeth now. A couple years ago 2 pairs gave you good odds to match up, now 5 isnt even getting it done. Their QC needs an overhaul yesterday. Or theyre well aware and this is their way of combatting the tariffs. Whatever the problem is, Ive decided its not worth the hassle and after I get my last couple of classics in my 'all i need' collection after going through the usual mandatory 5 or 6 pairs per release Im retiring from this bs. This **** is way more trouble than its worth.

Just copped the black/white air tailwind off nike.com. Pretty happy with it overall. Had to order a half size down from my usual nike sizing. Definitely wide enough for my duck feet. Must-have especially if you have a swoosh.com plug.

Omg. Yes please. Loved the tailwind.

I need all the old TN joints.

Bring back the air Max plus II
And the Air Turmoils. In og colors

Both of these

Air Max Plus II Midnight Navy-Black-Metallic Silver (604168-401).jpg
Nike-Air-Max-Pl.jpg

Last edited:
Omg. Yes please. Loved the tailwind.

I need all the old TN joints.

Bring back the air Max plus II
And the Air Turmoils. In og colors

Both of these

Air Max Plus II Midnight Navy-Black-Metallic Silver (604168-401).jpg
Nike-Air-Max-Pl.jpg

I had the grey yellow gold pair back in the day.

I had the grey yellow gold pair back in the day.

real talk...i was in 7th grade when those dropped and i wanted them like my life depended on it. My moms got me this gold Tommy Hilfiger pullover, joint wouldve been goat with the kicks. She told me she'd get me the shoe if my report card was proper. ....She told me too late before i could change anything :lol:. i remember getting the report card and reading it to her as i'm seeing the teachers hating on me. My heart sank. And I cried lol. Thug tears but it was the messy Viola Davis thug tears. Never did get them. **** Ms. ******** man.

Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom