Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

shoes are kind of like jerseys...i dont like when they switch up classic jerseys colors

nice video
frown.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

nice video
frown.gif

damnn ill probably never enjoy basketball as much as i did in the 90s
the magic/bulls games used to always be poppin

the guy was good, dont get me wrong... but you guys act like he was a god... he was your average T-Mac back in the day
or would have ended up like eddie jones, fading away...

nothing close to a "KOBE"... dude would have died out quickly with the talent that came in... i actually enjoy the NBA more now than back then (if iexclude jordan) and yes... i grew up watching the King Charles K. Malone Orlando Shaq era

^ penny had something t mac doesnt. the heart to win and there was something special about him. there was no way a player like him would fade away his injuriesjust killed what made him a special player.

Penny was that good back then injuries did take away his abilities from 98-99 season onwards Penny just wasnt the same player at all there was flashes but itwas never the same his Suns and Knicks days were pretty horrible.

Anybody who watched him back then knows how good he was and yes he would have faded away like most players do Eddie Jones was a player who relied on hisathletic abilities and when those dominish your not as effective.

Penny in the first Rookie game dominated to win that MVP in a draft class that included Van Excel,Mashburn,Webber,Cassel,Lindsay Hunter,Chris Mills,Rider hewas by far the best player on the floor with and all around perormance that was the first chance I got to see how good he could be.

His run when Shaq was out with the broken thumb in 95-96 season was amazing both pre season and the start of the season b4 Shaq returned he carried that teamon his back even beating the Bulls.

After the loss to Houston in the finals Penny made sure Orlando won the 2 regular season meetings the following year showing that they were better than watthey looked in the finals both games Penny hit big shots down the stretch to win the games im annoyed I taped over them to this day.

The Playoff series vs the Heat was amazing to ive never seen a player that hott for that many games Penny was on fire and nobody could stop him.

U cant compare Penny to Kobe like u cant compare anybody to MJ but a player like T Mac isnt far off but the major difference is hell never have thefundamentals Penny had to read the floor and lead a team hes not unselfish like Penny was but both have had there abilitys dominished by being hurt.

My bedroom from 94-98 was a Penny shrine i was 14-16 and I lived and breathed him he was my idol to the fullest paterned my game after him and everything hadall 3 Orlando uniforms that I always balled in I guess ill never feel that way again about a player as im now 28 but back then it was Magical and that willalways stay with me.

If anybody gets that copy of Sole collector could they please scan and post the interview would be great to read it.

Peace
Scottie

Nice babyfacedassasin. Bullseye. Same here, I actually liked hardaway more than Jordan back then... Actually, I liked Eddie Jones more than jordan back then.

Wow at the penny 1/2 shoe!

BabyfacedAssassin31

sounds just like my brother. had everything Penny. the jersey's, the warm ups,the dolls, the cut out, the $180 kicks that no one in the family couldbelieve. EVERYTHING

Originally Posted by SneakerNoob791

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Give me 1993-1998 NBA basketball, over this brand we're seeing now.
word...I barely even watch sportscenter let alone the nba anymore.
Only for LeBron, D. Rose, and Durant highlights mostly.

The 1 Cents are damn near extraordinary and the Penny 1 is G.O.A.T. in my opinion. I need to go pick up my pair soon.

Seen the white penny 2's last night at the mall. Looking real good!! Still love the black pair more but these deff. Bring back memories.

Originally Posted by enyceking

Originally Posted by 86 NT

Whassup Penny heads - Remember I said IMO the HeaT cw is the best

eek.gif
look at em here in NICE kicks piictures
eek.gif
Pinstripe tongue the best tongue on any shoe ever??!!
http://www.nicekicks.com/nike-air-penny-2-miami-heat-colorway/http://www.nicekicks.com/nike-air-penny-2-miami-heat-colorway/http://www.nicekicks.com/...ny-2-miami-heat-colorway/http://www.nicekicks.com/...ny-2-miami-heat-colorway/
Im Xcited!! . .Anyone else going to get a pair no doubt?
I AM IN LOVE WITH THESE
20f3m9g.jpg

all my christmas and saved up money r goin to thes 2 or 3x copped
pimp.gif

I wish man but I live in England I never had no Penny sneakers until the zoom 96 olympics dropped I left high school in 96 at 16 n was working,b4 that Icouldnt afford more than 1 pair of basketball sneakers a year.I got the Atlantics on sale in 97 and copped the white/black/blue 4s in 99 in Philly,now I havethe grey/white and black/white/blue 1s along with the Knicks colourway,black/white 2s,grey patant/white 02 4 retro black/white and white/black/blue retro4s,Blue foams retro and black/black.

I still have my OG white/black/blue 4s but they a mess n yellowed on the sole and I used to have the 01 all black 1s retro but these sucked as it was leathernot nubuck ending up selling them to a friend after they yellowed some

Tryin to get Penny stuff in England was immpossible but I did get to see him in pre-season against the Hawks back in 93 at the London games at Wembley Arena Iwas in the nose bleed section though.

The one thing Europe had back then that was better than the US was replica jerseys/shorts made by champion they were on point everything was dyed into thematerial no screen printed crap with no pinstripes like I saw alot of on tv in the US.I aslo had both Penny USA uniforms in 96 again they were on point nbetter than US replicas of there time sadly I dont have any of these now.

I collected every NBA magazine picture and every starline poster with Pennys image started wearing the elbow wristband I was crazy.

NBA games I taped from a German sports station called DSF that showed alot of Orlando games back in 95-95 and the NBC game of the week on delay on Sundays Istill have the Orlando-Pacers Eastern Conference finals game 7 on tape and a video tape with a collection of all the Orlando/Penny clips i had.

Unfortunatley back then I taped over games and ive lost pretty much all my old Penny games bar a few from 97-98 and a small amount of 95-96 stuff I have tha 93Rookie game and 96,97 All star games but alot of it is just memorys.

My bedroom was just a Penny shrine everybody knew about my obsesion I was Penny Hardaway crazy.

Best Penny moment ever was the game against the bulls where Penny stole the fumbled imbounds from Kukoc and beat the clock 3/4 court with a dunk to win thegame leaving about a second I beleive didnt get to see many games live on tv but that was awesome.

I still remember the day I opened up Fiba basketball magazine and saw Penny on the inside cover wearing the black/white/blue air max Penny 1s i had no idea hehad a sneaker coming out and me and my friends went nuts we all loved them within a second of seeing them but none of us could afford them.We went tobasketball practice 2 days later only to see an older guy we knew rocking them our mouths dropped we ran up to him like screaming fans like yo are those thePennys he aint have a clue but it was he didnt understand our reaction.

Peace
Scottie

Back
Top Bottom