Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

nice! 
nthat.gif

is the sole solid or translucent?

nice! :nthat:

100% solid

Compared them to the last retro, and while the old pair is nicer, I actually really like the new blue used.

My only criticisms would be not having a heel swoosh, the solid sole, and all these damn nipples on the foam from the mold

nice! :nthat:

100% solid

Compared them to the last retro, and while the old pair is nicer, I actually really like the new blue used.

My only criticisms would be not having a heel swoosh, the solid sole, and all these damn nipples on the foam from the mold

Haha I thought it was just my pair but mines have nipples everywhere too smh

Just picked up my pair at my local mom n pop shop, but I was on my motorcycle so I have to swing by later or Saturday to scoop them, I'll post up some pics as soon as I get them home

Do the air penny II's run true to size? For reference I wear size 10 for the kobe 9 elites but size 10.5 for the kobe 9 elite lows. I guess the elite lows run a little small. Trying to figure out if I should get 10 or 10.5 for the penny's. Any help would be appreciated! 

Those nipples are on every Penny 2 ever made but they over did it this time... And the one cent logo on the back is watered down on the 09 atlantics as well!

Last edited:
Not only max air cushioning but max nipple cushioning in the midsole

Last edited:
yea, the logo looks weird. the original logo was sewn like the logo on the tongue jewel. 

I'm not a stickler for minor detail but the solid sole bugs me a little. I prefer the translucent type sole. The soles Nike used in 96-98 models were nice.

It's 2016, long gone are the expectations of thinking Nike will replicate their classics exactly as they once were.

Last edited:
It's 2016, long gone are the expectations of thinking Nike will replicate their classics exactly as they once were.
different people different peeves lol...i'm okay with everything except the material on the blue part. loved how my OG looked where you can brush your hand through and see the color change because of the suede. these new material just looks too perfect.

I'm not a stickler for minor detail but the solid sole bugs me a little. I prefer the translucent type sole. The soles Nike used in 96-98 models were nice.
In this case I'll take the solid sole. The blue will last forever. It's that logo thats irking me

At this point, it's a given nothing is going to be like what it once was. I don't complain about much anyways. 

different people different peeves lol...i'm okay with everything except the material on the blue part. loved how my OG looked where you can brush your hand through and see the color change because of the suede. these new material just looks too perfect.

I take their current craftsmanship for what it is. It doesn't surprise me. Which is why I like to see them first in person before purchasing.

Knew something looked different about these. Thought I was buggin

Jordan Brand is under Nike and there's a strategy they've been using for a few years now to rerelease shoes with swooshes and Nike Air 3 or 4 years after releasing with a jumpman logo. It's a buyers remorse driven hype. I, as I'm sure others went straight to ebay looking for 09 Atlantics after seeing these photos because that extra 1 cent logo is a eye sore.

Materials are a wash, the no 3M and soles don't even bother me, that 1 cent logo in place of the swoosh is what I can't get over.

guilty... I won this pair for roughly $70. I think I'll pass on the 2016 rehash now for the time being. Definitely will be checking for the white/black retro and potential SC colorway tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom