Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

its a hit or miss on kicks. if the penny 2s were limited people would beast on them. i will take my 3 pairs 1 to rock rarely,1 to beat up,and 1 to stock.

these will def not be a miss

they were more popular than Jordans back in the days. Everyone had them including myself unlike the ZF95. And unlike the foams, these are OG colors. The retropenny foams sold out almost instantly while the other colors were on sale.

yea but these definitely arent as hyped as the penny foams. i still think they wont fly off shelves, but we'll see i guess.

on another note, will these be excluded from employee discounts when they release at footlocker?

Most of these "hypebeasts" NT likes to refer to probably don't even know who Penny is. I have my 2 pairs lined up and plan to stock up big timeif/when they go on sale. It seems unless shoes are rare, limited or come with a ready made outfit for them, the "kids" don't want them.

Like a lot of people have said, the majority of the "hypebeasts" don't know who Penny is. They were probably in pre-school when Penny was in hisprime. With that said, more for those who are copping because they couldnt afford them before and for those who had them but wore em down to the soles!

i'm just going to quote what i said a few pages back

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

these sneakers only appeal to those who:
1. was either a fan of Penny Hardaway in his prime
2. Had them
3. wanted them as a kid but couldn't get them
4. was an orlando magic fan

so I was 1,2, and 4 (yes I was a magic fan back then
laugh.gif
)

But believe me, before the foamposite, the air penny II was considered the best penny shoe
LOL, As a kid, I even thought the bottom of the shoe had a cool design with the penny logo inside the plastic see through

I know we're all entitled to our own opinions, but homeboy, you're tweaking if you think the Penny 2 were more popular than Jordan XII at the time.

As for me, I think I'm more amped for the white ones, since he wore them for the 1997 All-Star Game. The white laces will be switched out for blue lacesthough.

Well, speaking from experience, I exchanged my kids size Taxi XII's that I got for Christmas that year for the atlantic Penny 2s.
smile.gif
I honestly think theXIIs and these were equally as popular back in the day.

when do the white ones come out? But then again, I'll most likely wait on those for a sale

the Black/Blue's are mine on release date lol

other than my first pair of J's (infrared vi) these were my most memorable.... I wore them down to the white meat... the air bubble used to squish outwater on rainy days. LOL Goodtimes

other than my first pair of J's (infrared vi) these were my most memorable.... I wore them down to the white meat... the air bubble used to squish outwater on rainy days. LOL Goodtimes

Back
Top Bottom