Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Anybody know the designer of these?
And the rest of the Penny line?

I'd like to know, too.

I wonder if the designer of the Penny 2 also designed the Air Flight Turbulence, Zoom Flight 5, various Barkleys, various Uptempos, and the Air Pippen 1. Shape-wise and cut-wise, the Penny 2 seems to remind me of the Air Flight Turbulence while the Penny 2 and Pippen, along with various Uptempos have that part of the sole on the bottom that you can see through.
Eric Avar did all of the Penny's (including the foamposite's) and Aaron Cooper did the Pippens.

But TONS of nike shoes in the 90's had that see through section on the outsole.

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

its still not on swoosh YET
mad.gif
I called swoosh, and they said they will NOT have them on swoosh. Only NDC or Niketown. Urban release too. IDK if she lied to me, or if its true.

I called my local Footlocker to see if they had any in stock and the dude straight up said "NO". In Tracy, CA we get nothing over here.

I'm most likely going to have to cop penny 2's for retail. I haven't paid retail in awhile. Anyway neither of those 2 are the best colorway in myopinion. I wish these were being retroed.

*salivates over cpu screen*

2h402nm.jpg

Yeah, picked up another 9.5 with the F&F here at memorial city mall in houston. Cant beat that.

ATTN NJ/Philly heads. Cherry Hill mall Footaction will sell them to you with F&F. Just copped for 98 bucks. Footlocker will deny you but Footaction works!

Originally Posted by richiedge

Footlocker will deny you but Footaction works!
thanks homie. I think you just saved me some cash. About to head to footaction now. Won't work at my local footlocker though.

***WONDEDRFUL NEWS***

GOT THE PENNY'S WITH THE "FRIENDS AND FAMILY" WITH NO PROBLEM!!!!

***BAD NEWS***

FOR THOSE WHO SAID THESE ARE GONA HIT THE SALES AND CLEARENCE RACK, GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET THEM BY THE END OF THE DAY, CUZ ONCE WORD SPREADS AROUND,"BABY BYE BYE BYE"!!!!

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!!
GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE COPPING!!!

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Anybody know the designer of these?
And the rest of the Penny line?

I'd like to know, too.

I wonder if the designer of the Penny 2 also designed the Air Flight Turbulence, Zoom Flight 5, various Barkleys, various Uptempos, and the Air Pippen 1. Shape-wise and cut-wise, the Penny 2 seems to remind me of the Air Flight Turbulence while the Penny 2 and Pippen, along with various Uptempos have that part of the sole on the bottom that you can see through.
Eric Avar did all of the Penny's (including the foamposite's) and Aaron Cooper did the Pippens.

But TONS of nike shoes in the 90's had that see through section on the outsole.

^^ Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I thought the see-through part of the sole was one common feature by one particular designer, but it looks like it was generally a Nike Basketball thingin those days.

After my luck with swoosh, im going to cop at footlocker with the F&F.

Shout Outs to my boy who works for one, you know who you are.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by K I N G x B

***WONDEDRFUL NEWS***

GOT THE PENNY'S WITH THE "FRIENDS AND FAMILY" WITH NO PROBLEM!!!!

***BAD NEWS***

FOR THOSE WHO SAID THESE ARE GONA HIT THE SALES AND CLEARENCE RACK, GOOD LUCK TRYING TO GET THEM BY THE END OF THE DAY, CUZ ONCE WORD SPREADS AROUND, "BABY BYE BYE BYE"!!!!

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!!
GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE COPPING!!!

yea i was able to get mines with the friends and fam discount heck i even ask them to read me off whats excluded in the deal.

Yo as soon as someone gets through with the F&F somewhere in NYC help me out and send a PM my way please if they let the Penny II's rock with theF&F!

Back
Top Bottom