AIR TRAINER III's set to release for 2009: 7 colorways (updated 4/06/09)

I hope the med ball ones don't come out for 6 months like the post says - i have no cash to buy it right now
'08 cdps etc. destroyed me

Originally Posted by jbv1

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

America doesnt like trainers
sold all of mine back to Europeans smh

LOL Thunderchunk6 - You can sell yours to me if you are a sz 12 lol - Canadians love their ATIIIs too
pimp.gif

Wally:

With regards to the plastic forefoot strap deletions I think there may be a twofold reason(s) - 1) cost cutting on Nike's part
eyes.gif
& 2) maybe there is some more give in a fabric strap vs. plastic on that area of the shoe (I would think the former more than the latter)

Along these lines as well if you may notice most gangsta OGs that rock these kicks do not even "strap in", so to speak but rather leave the strap unstrapped across the front of the shoe. Don't get me wrong I miss the plastic myself but there will be less yellowing depending on the colourway of the plastic & more give in the forefoot area (so I may not have to half or full size up)

Seriously though (besides yourself), when was the last time you saw anyone actually training in an older generation Nike cross trainer like the AT1, 2 or even SCs? Hardly likely...

I think the AT III line has mostly transcended from a all-purpose built shoe to the lifestyle/casual category where Nike wants to put most of their kicks (e.g., AF1s, AM BWs, AM95s, etc.)

Either way Nike has done a great job in bringing these back - their money tree is watered like a mofo. Knowing how the Air Trainer SC OG (blue/orange/white) is going to be received I hope Nike makes enough MB stock to fufill our needs/desires
tongue.gif
but somehow I get the feeling they are going to be "limited"
frown.gif
eyes.gif

Great insights Jay.

From SneakerFiles
Since bringing back the Air Trainer III, Nike has released a few different styles taking the safe road with subtle color scheme, but put forth this interesting design. Found on this Air Trainer III is light charcoal with volt, in addition an application of snakeskin at the front of the sneaker. Light charcoal is used as the main color and is supported by volt and obsidian accents. This model is scheduled to release in early April as apart of pack at Nike Sportswear in New York and at other quickstrike accounts. Retail is set at $110. Via SOLE blvd.

nike-air-trainer-iii-le-light-charcoal-volt-2.jpg
nike-air-trainer-iii-le-light-charcoal-volt-1.jpg
nike-air-trainer-iii-le-light-charcoal-volt-3.jpg
nike-air-trainer-iii-le-light-charcoal-volt-4.jpg
nike-air-trainer-iii-le-light-charcoal-volt-5.jpg
nike-air-trainer-iii-le-light-charcoal-volt-6.jpg
nike-air-trainer-iii-le-light-charcoal-volt-7.jpg

The colorway ain't bad, but the snakeskin kills it for me...
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

From SneakerFiles
nike-air-trainer-iii-le-light-charcoal-volt-5.jpg

The colorway ain't bad, but the snakeskin kills it for me...
eyes.gif
Disgusting...

They even allowed themselves to remove the text "AIR TRAINER SC" from the tongue tab!!!!

1rsr2p.jpg

Sometimes I really think Nike hates cross training line...

Dropping the Air Trainer SC stitched tongue tag must have been a marketing move to make it less "specialized" & have more appeal to the LSdemographic - most of today's kids wouldn't notice (or care, maybe?) that they drop these little subtle nuances but they really make the shoe to uscrusty picky shoeheads
tongue.gif

I would as Lonely Island put it so eloquently, "jizz in my pants" if Nike ever retroed the other Air Trainer Low model that actually had "AirTrainer" stitched into the side of the shoe near the pinky...

I still will probably get the model SinnerP has posted (I can get by the front toebox lizard print) but the smeared paint feature running along the side isquestionable.

As long as the painted white midsole does not crack (fingers crossed)

Originally Posted by jbv1

...most of today's kids wouldn't notice (or care, maybe?) that they drop these little subtle nuances but they really make the shoe to us crusty picky shoeheads
tongue.gif

I would as Lonely Island put it so eloquently, "jizz in my pants" if Nike ever retroed the other Air Trainer Low model that actually had "Air Trainer" stitched into the side of the shoe near the pinky...

I still will probably get the model SinnerP has posted (I can get by the front toebox lizard print) but the smeared paint feature running along the side is questionable.

As long as the painted white midsole does not crack (fingers crossed)

1- "...to us crusty picky shoeheads" - He, he, he...

2- These?

2d0atfo.jpg

3- "As long as the painted white midsole does not crack" - Trsut me. It will...

4- Maybe, in 2059, someone working for Nike will consider honoring the cross training line... Maybe...

suguruvstotoro - Yep, I'll take #2 FTW... those were niiiiiiice....

When my buddies in HS (1989-1993) would come back after summer vacation they would always be rocking all sorts TRAINER heat, Mowabbs, etc. they had copped inthe US - when I think back on it now my HS was not much of a AJ crew, more Air Max & Trainers....

Good look on finding the photo - & if the shoes pictured are yours I hope you've rocked them
smile.gif

Suguruvstotoro - The Nike Air Cross Trainer I (low) you posted a pic of is my favorite Nike of all time. It took me 5 years of online
searching to get my deadstock size 12 (which I couldn't help but carefully wore twice - with no problem - stupid of me, I couldn't help it.)

I don't know why Nike won't retro this shoe! I remember more people having these than any other trainer but the Nike Air Trainer I (mid.)
They used to always be on sale for $69.99 or something like that - the Air Trainers were more...
I am fiending for this shoe, I am waiting so I can retire from this game - but I need the Nike Air Cross Trainer II (low) as well. Original, original
colorway - wht/blk - with the tongue chlor and the midsole white, not orange etc.

Also - I can't stand the ignorance or confusion that most of the sneaker community has about these old trainers. The difference between
an Air Cross Trainer & an Air Trainer. Nike themselves helped in the confusion, I think they have messed up the actual names of the
shoes on the retros.

Nike Air Cross Trainer I (low) & Nike Air Cross Trainer II (low) - please.
But for now - the "medicine ball" "ATIIISC" or whatever Nike wants to call it now will do.

My DS OG NACTI (low) is wht/red/grey instead of your black. But I want the wht/dark maroon/grey and wht/royal blue/grey too (if anyone remembers those?)

I don't know if blessed is the right word here but I bought a used pair a few years back that were actually wearable. The ankle lining material is just sosoft. still to this day, the most comfortable shoe ive ever owned. Id say it got about 5 miles, and 10 wears out before the midsole started to crumble. its toobad I didnt cherish those 10 trips. lol

high version:

9c9258b4a6667c0ecffb162ebb95af4a4fda75c.pjpg

internet pic:
9d_1.jpg

low from internet:
blacktrainer.jpg

thats alot of heartache jbv1. sorry to cause even more

Back
Top Bottom