Air Zoom Tennis Trainer Retro: Hybrid Esque of Trainer 1's and 2's Pics* Update: Hitting retail now

nice shoes.

zt08010059mf7.jpg

There are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Softer than any Air Max I own. Only the 360s have more feel or air.

I copped three pairs for $59 back at the outlets a few years ago. I think it's the best example of an hybrid/update of an old classic. JB could learn athing or two from this release.

unfortunately it looks like Nike has already figured out a way to mess up a 3 year old retro!

The innerstitched toe was a signature part of the design of the shoe, along with the clear outsole. If they kill those details it's not really the sameshoe.

great info pixel. heres a shot of the orginial concept samples of the air trainer high:
7701544861c1c6bd033b16d50e2e54fa7933b2c.pjpg

-the toebox inner stitching was a main focal point of that shoe. the originial zoom trainer 1 was perfect in that regard.

0943526442d1690fc839c05cb32e797a2334580.pjpg

what couldnt be done in the released air trainer high was infact REMEMBERED and reinstated in the zoom trainer..... Just an amazing concept. nothing like thishybrid unimaginative crap we see with jordan brand.

Wally or anyone else, did the inner toe stiching on the AT1 ever make it to production?

There's also a great video out there on the web of Tinker and folks explaining the origination of the cross trainer and relating it back to this modernshoe. I have a copy on my HD. I'll try to figure out where it was originally posted...

Yo, when the hell are these dropping? On a whim, I checked eBay today thinking maybe they had dropped and I found nothing.

That brings to the times, when Freshnessmag was great source of information.

Do you guys remember Futura designed Air Zoom Trainer 1?

Paix
c.

Available in black as well...

According to SneakerNews...

"This simple clean model is sure to be noticed by the trademark picture of 'Mac' on the tongue but what sets this retro apart from others is thatcomfort is a priority and yes you can play in these. Expect these around October with the other two previous colorways releasing in July, all with an $80 pricetag."

black-tennis-trainers.jpg

Yeah guys i was about to put what i put up on the site on here as well, thanks Sinner for doing that for me. Im glad to see this post coming back a little. Soto answer a few of you guys the first 2 colorways are coming out in july with an $80 retail price. The blacks are very nice. I will continue to answer anyquestions you have on them just drop the question il be sure to answer them. We already had a local tennis pro come into our store and reserve 9 pairs of thefirst 2 colorways! im guessing another 4 of the black! It would be nice to see a non dunk or airmax not quickstriked or urbanized do well in the communityamongst heads.

^ You bet...

Is it officially confirmed that these are a 'performance' shoe? Tennis shoes usually take a beating around the forefoot and toe area, so I wanna besure these will be able to withstand the actual tennis use...

pixelhead as far as I know, there were TWO elements that never made it to the final PRODUCTION model. in advertisments showcasing the brand new one of akind cross trainer, they used samples. but I guess they eventually saw this divided material at the forefoot was either too expensive or just impossible withthe technology of that day. It was truely a DREAM design.
98825734a6664cc2c41b29a07edde709608fef1.pjpg
cd725274336b3ce5c1fbbeaa7687859e346a06a.pjpg
10725f24f46a6c41c2cb16e4ef8798b8a589f48.pjpg
65015e466ac0caba72da29dbc62c1f28168c6d7.pjpg

7701544861c1c6bd033b16d50e2e54fa7933b2c.pjpg

Some samples had the HIDDEN stitches and the divided material at the toe. Others just had the divided material look but the exposed stitching. The finalproduct had NEITHER. thats what made the zoom trainer 1 so special. it had both elements intact. now with these 08 retros, they appear to have gone back to theexposed stitching look

good info on the new blacks. those remind me of the flopped black originial colorway:
http://www.pickyourshoes.com/collectible/nike_zoom_trainer_1_blk.htm
zoom_trainer1_blk_5.jpg

sinnerp, or any other tennis performance player out there, how long do most tennis shoes last on the outsole grip wise? the zoom trainer especially around thepivot point has very short exposed griping compared to other shoes. im talking less than 1/8 of an inch. i havent worn mine enough nor do i know what itsmade out of but im guessing that could really grind down to nothing within a week
b2735a9c4f73692acd48cb60b69dbf16224e77a.pjpg

sinner, i can say with great confidence, they havewithstood alot of abuse in the toebox area. and the strap isnt your typical velcro if that maks sense. the bushy side isnt really bushy. i guess its a new typeof velcro.

im glad theyll be successful in tennis shops and for tennis players, but come on NIKE, I can do everything in these. no need to discriminate and call CROSSTRAINERS "zoom tennis trainers"

haha, well I wouldn't go as far as calling myself a 'tennis performance player'...

In terms of how long the outsoles last... Nike offers a 6-month outsole durability guarantee on their Air Max Breathe Cage series... but usually, in order toreally go through those Nike XDR outsoles in 6 months, I'm guessin you'd have to play at least 10-15 vigourous hours a week on hard courts...

The usual wear-pattern for tennis is in the blue bits of the outsole seen here... the outsoles are slightly higher around the foot as players tend to dragtheir feet... even the grey toe area uses a 'Drag-on' material for durability... dunno if the zoom trainers offer protection at that part of the toearea...
airmaxbreathecageii01jb1.jpg

And when I say toe-dragging, this is what I mean...
57311939.jpg

and wally, I keep forgetting to ask you... are those AT1 Highs (with the zoom trainer-like toe) samples? never released right?

long awaited thread update:

this was sent to me by docius via PM. just thought id share for those interested. its a high res. shot of the upcoming black/grey colorway:

2u9sneu.jpg

If that is any indication of whats to come for the white/grey/green colorway, we may be in for something worthwhile as there are many material differences fromthe 2004 blacks to these 2008s.

mesh now is apparent in the tongue.front toebox is now exposed double stitched and appears to have some sort of canvas or carbon fiber material for that tennistoe drag. Toebox now appears to be leather and the upper a deerskin leather. the swoosh now is solid with stitching around it. the 2004 was a complete oppositein these aspects. the tongue was leather, the front toebox had hidden stitches, with a deerskin leather material. the toebox was a deerskin leather and theupper was leather. the swoosh also was all stitched

dfd354fee165d4c6dfa65db8a5bbf31252d062d.jpg

Closeup of the seamless toe
4ea35674e3b5d7f9da595d6aa5ba08339eb9129.jpg

more seamless toe
1b125d0e83df1d19513a0091770df6dd4cc2156.jpg

Embossed and embroidered swoosh
20c253fee1d50d1e5a0a8862b2b899b3f33980c.jpg

Nice smoked see trough outsole
241156e6dbd85fa1ed4e05bc6b9f87c2ffb1858.jpg

Morse code detail on heel
24b35dbae4f9d5e0d42f5072a0fb7e4e529feda.jpg

No one's mentioned the "blueprint" insoles... I would guess we won't see that in the July release...

So anything more solid on a release date? For $80 will we still get forefoot zoom air? Is this really limited to "tennis" accounts?

I am not loving these hybrids...but I am a sucker for the "chlorophyl" colorway...so I may cop just wear everyday.

Kinda think these take away from the originals....just my opinion.

^to be honest with you, i wouldn't even call it a hybrid, it's just a remade shoe, like af25 to af1, however this shoe in my all honest opinion, IS SODOPE

i bought a set in '04 at finishline for 69.99, and i love em so much. i wear them a lot, and as people have posted here, they feel great. Nike Zoom Trainer1, can't even find a pair on ebay for below retail at ds conditions in the og colorway.

if eastbay gets these....2 extra pairs, with my discount....believe that!

Great close-ups pixelhead...

AsianImage - technically these aren't hybrids... the OP might have been a bit misleading... but its more of an updated version of the original classic, AirTrainer 1...�

This�vid was posted above, but I'll save you the trouble...
wink.gif

And related to the comfort, they are one of the more luxurious Nike's I've picked up in the modern era. I like to think of them as being on par withmost Jordan's, if not beeter in some cases! That's why I've very curious to see what a $30 MSRP price drop does to this level of quality.

Info courtesy of Midwest Sports

• Product Details:
    UPPER:
  • True fit = relaxed forefoot for comfort.
  • 5/8 ankle height for extra support.
  • Dialed-in fit with forefoot strap.
  • Synthetic leather upper for lightweight performance.
    MIDSOLE:
  • Lightweight Phylon with cushioned Zoom units in the heel and forefoot.
  • Molded toe piece insert for toe drag durability.
  • Midfoot TPU shank.
    OUTSOLE:
  • Versatile outsole pattern for all on and off court traction needs.
  • Lateral outrigger for stability.
  • XDR rubber for durability during tennis play.
Average weight: 13.8 oz. (Size 10.5)
XDR outsoles... great to see that these are a performance-based tennis shoe...

324753-101.JPG
324753-101_1.JPG

324753-101_2.JPG
324753-101_3.JPG

324753-101_4.JPG

Back
Top Bottom