Air Zoom Tennis Trainer Retro: Hybrid Esque of Trainer 1's and 2's Pics* Update: Hitting retail now

NO FREAKIN WAY! Damn it!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

and weren't they gonna ship on the 27th? a nice surprise indeed...

But I see they got rid of Tinker's sketches from the insoles...
frown.gif

BTW, how do they fit? True-to-size?

Yeah, total surprise, have no idea why they shipped them early, but I'll take it. They fit true to size and if you can tell from the top view, the area ofthe strap indents to the side of your foot. I thought it was just the strap pulled tight, but its not. So in that area they fit nice and snug. Not enough tobother the casual wearer I think, but I bet the tennisheads will love the built in support without having to pull the strap too hard.

So these have air and zoom air? I'm confused with what Nike has on the website. Anyone with better specs? Help is appreciated.

Thanks for the info
I hope it comes with that McEnroe shoe tongue tag that is being shown on the product picture

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

So these have air and zoom air? I'm confused with what Nike has on the website. Anyone with better specs? Help is appreciated.

if its anything like the 2004 originials, they will be a full length in the midsole ZOOM AIR. none of that junk with the insole having an attached piece ofair. they probably havent updated that page fully.

Btw, nike seems to be really gracious this time around.

you have better outsole durability with the XDR rubber, the vinyl like double stiched toe area, and then..... a $30 dollar drop in the MSRP. unless they didsomething drastic to it, youre getting a $120 dollar shoe for $80 bucks. If its not a success this time, i feel they truely say goodbye to this model

This *@%@ is getting outrageous when THESE sell out on NDC. Could the recent retro of the Chlorophyll's have anything with the high level of beasting?Hmmmm......me thinks so, because you couldn't give these away when they initially released.

i dont think there ever was a full size run on NDC -
saw them at ~630am pac time today only 7.5,9,9.5 available

probably like the volt huarache 08 which werent full size run until 2-3 days after release and then eventually restocked several times after

btw at $80 price point - this is likely a insole heel zoom unit ala Air Ace 08, not full length midsole zoom

interesting cjb. that very well could be where that $30 dollar price change comes from. Corrupt, can you confirm this at all? I may actually not want a pair ifthats the case.

did a google search just a few minutes ago, found this website:
http://www.rnjsports.com/viewHomeFeatureItem/1571/?PHPSESSID=ceccf45a861e975cdcde7f2ea7870b55

Are they legit? One of the only websites now out there with a FSR. Obviously they wouldnt process and ship until monday so that gives me time.

These do NOT have Mac on the tongue.

Dont get your hopes up.

Still very comfy, we got them in this week.

EDIT: Wally do you need a pair? I know you are a trainer head, and I would help you out if youre interested.

yes, I've bought from TennisWarehouse numerous times before... very legit...

Cincy - where do you work, Mid West Sports? Just wondering...

cincy, or anyone else, can yall confirm if UNDER the insole if there is that air packet? the 04s had the internal, more expensive, zoom air. i was thinkingthese would be the same, but cjb23 got me interested in knowing just how exactly they cut the cost $30 off MSRP.

I work at a local shop here in Cincinnati.

Wally and others I will take detailed pictures tomorrow for you.

Insole pictures and all that.

superbly - yes this should be a GR... and available at most tennis accounts as well as NDC (when they get more sizes)

Cincy - is your local shop a tennis spot or sporting goods store? just wondering which accounts are selling these... thus far, it seems like tennis accounts,but it could be others as well...

Actually quite the opposite.

We are more of an urban store. Our shoes consist of Air Forces, Jordans, Air Max, etc.

Urban Account. But this week we got the Trainers in, I was really surprised.

This is the best place to share this stuff as im sure the people visiting this thread would appreciate such a thing. I saved this stuff from the nike websiteback in 2005.

Back in 2004-2005 nike.com had a great idea introducing new shoe designs and concepts with a truely interactive website called nikelab. The nike rebirthtrainer was one of four or five sections where they introduced the consumer, with the new product via educating them interactively. through animations, videosand little cartoon people describing the air trainer 1, and the changes in the newest form of the rebirth zoom trainer 1.:

some 1600x 1200 wallpapers from the website:

This is the stuff that makes me really appreciate these shoes. The whole design process has me so intriqued

Tinker sketch with the trainer 1 originial, zoom haven, and a sketch of the proposed zoom trainer 1 mid. notice the zoom trainer 1 midsole. It has the wholezoom haven feel 100%. They went away from that for the final build as we can see.
02_rest_w_book3.jpg

02_rest_w_book6.jpg

Lastly a very cool wallpaper that I photoshopped from a nikelab photo. The outsole and the side shot were seperate blueprints. I layered them together:
AT1RebirthWALLPAPER.jpg

Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom