Air Zoom Tennis Trainer Retro: Hybrid Esque of Trainer 1's and 2's Pics* Update: Hitting retail now

zoomtennistrainer1.jpg

zoomtennistrainer2.JPG
zoomtennistrainer3.jpg

Nike is back at it again mashing up older styles with newer ones and their technology; here we have a case of the Air Trainer 1 and 2's being throwntogether with a free inspired midsole, and a training outsole. This release pays homage to John McEnroe who appears on the tongue of the sneaker; who wasnotorious for bringing the "Trainer" to the tennis courts. The pictured colorway is inspired by the Air Trainer 1's classic"chlorophyll" colorway and is expected to hit Tennis accounts in their Fall08 shipments which means it will see its way to shops around August, andbest of all it is easy on the wallets with a retail price of $80.00.

324753-101 "Chlorophyll" Colorway http://sneakernews.com/wp-admin/upl...rowse&post_id=-1199741502&action=view&ID=4244

324753-102 "Deep Royal" Colorway
For more please check http://sneakernews.com/2008/01/07/nike-air-zoom-tennis-trainer-fall-2008/#more-4243

Any questions you guys have regarding this release just ask and i will respond, they look dope with jeans and feel amazing.

http://sneakernews.com/2008/01/07/nike-air-zoom-tennis-trainer-fall-2008/#more-4243

*EDIT* Update 6/24/08
These are now starting to hit retail locations again stores with Tennis Accounts.
The CabDv Store will be offering these to Niketalk for retail($80) + Shipping email [email protected] to reserve to be shipped or picked up in store in philly.
Thanks to wallyhopp for comparison picsof final retail vs 2004 pair.
Current Pair on the Left 2004 on the right
newaztt1.jpg

Pretty dope shoe. I know WallyHopp will be all over these.
(WallyHopp's pic)
6pz3oz9.jpg

Thanks again on the Structure hookup, bro!
pimp.gif

Didn't these just drop a few years ago, or are these different somehow?

Either way, this is good news because I sure have been looking for a pair of the Chlorophyll-esque joints. Been salty ever since I returned my pair.

Thanks again for the pics and the info.

lol@ nike creating these sub catergories of a TRAINER, when orginially envisioned, the shoe was for EVERYTHING.

first trainer sbs, now tennis trainers?

i do everything in mine. not sure why they want to catergorize themselves with one branch.

There are only three noticable differences on the shoes:
-the tongue has mac on it
-the grey at the toe is double stitched vs. the folding under seamless on the 2004s.
-MSRP is now $80 instead of $110. maybe they learned their lesson and realize they have TO have to market in one catergory to be successful?

nice story here about them:

im not sure where teh trainer 2 is involved. from my understanding its a trainer 1 and haven mixture

i just got word that there are 2 different pairs coming out, the one that blco02 is talking about is probably the Zoom Trainer 1 Mid which is $110 retail,rather than the lower cut Tennis Trainers which have Mac on the tongue and a few other differences either way its good to see tinker helped revive one of thegreatest sneakers of all time. Each of the greatest performance/comfort sneakers of all time should be reworked in a similiar matter to this i think it wouldbe a huge success for nike. Wally thanks for the video, the nike reps came by with the trainers on friday but i wasnt at work to inspect them but from what myco-workers say, they are amazingly light, comfortable and look stunning with raw denim.

^ Don't kid yourself LiIAIPHI - these are the same exact shoes that came out a few years ago.

Aside from the new tounge logo, toe stiching, and lower price, they are the same shoe that I have had for a few years, and the same shoe that I just sold toWallyHopp last week.

Also, the morse code on the side of the shoe that means "trainer 1 rebirth" looks to be nixed.

I'm searching the web for some Air Trainers from a few years back that kinda resemble these, but they have a different sole.
They're a new style Trainer clearly inspired by AT1's. Material is a black nubuck with a gum outsole. Also a nubuck strap I believe...

There were some pairs on eBay a few months back but I just don't remember what their name was...

^ The Nike Air Zoom Trainer First Take (FT) perhaps? A thanks to Wally for schoolin me on these...

309514-001.jpg

Yep! Thanks, those are the ones.

Wouldn't mind a pair of those, but they seem really hard to find nowadays.

In regards to the Agassi Tech Challenge II questions, nike has still not updated their catalog picture of these yet, i believe they are set for either a marchor april release i will try to get these as early as possible to try and let you guys see them before they drop in most stores. Back on subject i talked to thereps in regards to these and they said somehow these do differ in some way from the Zoom Trainer 1's released in 2004, im just going based on what the repssaid.
thanks

Ummm, yeah. I'm with you Wally and Blco. They released the exact same shoe as the Zoom Trainer I in '04. Why Nike would re-release a 3 year old shoethat bombed the first time around, I'll never know. We're not talking about the 'first take' here. That is the ZTI with a pic of MacEnroe onthe tongue. No way around it. I've been trying to find a pic of the Chlorophyll colorway, but this is the best I could do.

http://www.pickyourshoes.com/collectible/nike_zoom_trainer_1_blk.htm

Peace,
J

YES!!!. one of my favorite shoes, definitely up there in terms of comfort. copped the 04 pair a few months ago off of the RIF site. If i can get a hold of em,2+ pairs for me, easy. also, even if it was inspired by the original cholorphylls, the color is actually mean green according to the box. and it is, as thevideo posted states, a remake of the trainer with some inspirations from the havens, not a hybrid. it doesn't take parts from other shoes, as i'mpretty sure the designs of both the midsole/sole and upper are unique to this shoe.

so these are only releasing in tennis stores you say? hmmm...

It also looks like the ditched the clear outsole for a regular one.

Originally Posted by INDECS

Yep! Thanks, those are the ones.

Wouldn't mind a pair of those, but they seem really hard to find nowadays.

yep. now since these "tennis" trainers are going to retro again, we MUST have a retro of the Zoom Trainer Lows.

i really like those...i wanted the pair that came out a couple years ago, but im too lazy to look. now i can just wait for these to drop and go on sale.

Back
Top Bottom