AJ 1 BLACK/ROYAL FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black toes are on the maybe list.  They'd have to be superb quality for me to overlook the lack of Nike Air tho.  I try not to nitpick that, but if they can put it on the Royals, there's no excuse not to put it on all the I's.  Plus they'll probably just drop 'em again in a few years with Nike Air if interest in the brand begins to decline.  Trying my best to keep the list as light as possible.

Right? I don't understand why they don't release all the OG color ways 1's with Nike Air this year. With JB there's never sense. If I can find a white Nike Air Tag with blk text I'd get go ahead and buy the blk toe 1's and unstitch the Jumpman. How old are you bruh? We have the same mentality, you must've been around awhile.

Sometimes I just have to laugh at JB.  I did just read in another thread though that the Black Toes will have Nike Air so for now I'm hopeful.  As much as I like V's, next year is likely to be the year of the I's for me.  I'll take to eBay and cop 06 Grapes when the market value goes down.  Just a damn shame that the Red/White/Black's won't get the OG treatment.  I would cop and swap the tag too, but the old Cortez's from middle school that I have laying around only have Nike on 'em (without the Air).  I'll just wait it out until they come to their senses and give that shoe a proper retro.

I'm 26 fam, been into shoes as far back as I can recall.  Nowadays it's more rewarding for me to either go back and get some of the older releases that I grew out of or just couldn't afford back in the day.  Building up my collection of I's is next priority on the list as JB isn't really putting much out that I need at this point.  They'll regain my attention if they give us a proper Indiglo XIV retro as well as some City Series X's.

You seemed like an older dude cuz your selective and won't just buy everything put out. It is difficult to come across Nike Air tags opposed to Nike tags with the swoosh. If blk/toes do however come with Nike Air that would be perfect. After these 1's drop and 13's I'll be done early next year I will be done again this time for good once I double up.

Black toes are on the maybe list.  They'd have to be superb quality for me to overlook the lack of Nike Air tho.  I try not to nitpick that, but if they can put it on the Royals, there's no excuse not to put it on all the I's.  Plus they'll probably just drop 'em again in a few years with Nike Air if interest in the brand begins to decline.  Trying my best to keep the list as light as possible.

Right? I don't understand why they don't release all the OG color ways 1's with Nike Air this year. With JB there's never sense. If I can find a white Nike Air Tag with blk text I'd get go ahead and buy the blk toe 1's and unstitch the Jumpman. How old are you bruh? We have the same mentality, you must've been around awhile.

Sometimes I just have to laugh at JB.  I did just read in another thread though that the Black Toes will have Nike Air so for now I'm hopeful.  As much as I like V's, next year is likely to be the year of the I's for me.  I'll take to eBay and cop 06 Grapes when the market value goes down.  Just a damn shame that the Red/White/Black's won't get the OG treatment.  I would cop and swap the tag too, but the old Cortez's from middle school that I have laying around only have Nike on 'em (without the Air).  I'll just wait it out until they come to their senses and give that shoe a proper retro.

I'm 26 fam, been into shoes as far back as I can recall.  Nowadays it's more rewarding for me to either go back and get some of the older releases that I grew out of or just couldn't afford back in the day.  Building up my collection of I's is next priority on the list as JB isn't really putting much out that I need at this point.  They'll regain my attention if they give us a proper Indiglo XIV retro as well as some City Series X's.
You seemed like an older dude cuz your selective and won't just buy everything put out. It is difficult to come across Nike Air tags opposed to Nike tags with the swoosh. If blk/toes do however come with Nike Air that would be perfect. After these 1's drop and 13's I'll be done early next year I will be done again this time for good once I double up.
Lol yea I feel you.  You'll find that a lot of people who have gripes will cop every single release regardless.  If I don't like the way a release is looking I just pass.  They're just shoes and I've got plenty others to rock at this point.  2013 had me excited at one point, but I've taken everything on my maybe list completely off the radar.  A lot of people just got into J's so I can understand why they feel like they have to buy them all.

This year is the most I've copped in a while mostly due to the IV's which is my favorite silo.  It's setting up perfectly for me to take a step back from J's though and maybe cop at most 1 - 2 pairs a year if that in the future.  I hope MN isn't trolling with that news on the Black Toes.

Kinda lame that the price on these is up to $140, but that limited talk better just be talk.  If not, it's just another added reason to step back from the madness and focus more on NSW.

Lol, hence why I said I'll leave room for 1 - 2 J's per year min following 2013.  The main reason that I'm prepping to go HAM on 1's is that they give me the feeling that NSW gives me with their retros, especially if it's true to OG.

New thread says that Black toes get the nike air treatment

Lol yea I feel you.  You'll find that a lot of people who have gripes will cop every single release regardless.  If I don't like the way a release is looking I just pass.  They're just shoes and I've got plenty others to rock at this point.  2013 had me excited at one point, but I've taken everything on my maybe list completely off the radar.  A lot of people just got into J's so I can understand why they feel like they have to buy them all.

This year is the most I've copped in a while mostly due to the IV's which is my favorite silo.  It's setting up perfectly for me to take a step back from J's though and maybe cop at most 1 - 2 pairs a year if that in the future.  I hope MN isn't trolling with that news on the Black Toes.

Kinda lame that the price on these is up to $140, but that limited talk better just be talk.  If not, it's just another added reason to step back from the madness and focus more on NSW.

Im happy about the news bout the Blk Toes. Def looking to cop, I loved my Old Loves back in high school, but I cant stand mid 1's, let alone the Jumpman, but that really didn't bother me. The fact that these are $140 is kinda a slap, like c'mon? No need to stitch on the heel so you know they're already saving $$$.

My favs are the III's and I thought I was over J's when I didn't hesitate to buy the TB's and Wht/Cements when I seen the were re-released on shelves in '11. But, when I saw the Blk/Cements, I then got the Wht/Cement IV's. Haven't got another pair since. I'm also trying to keep it 1-2 pairs yearly, grails only, but 2013 looks too promising already without QS or other potentials being confirmed yet.

New thread says that Black toes get the nike air treatment

Yeah I saw earlier this morning. Good looking out Markie

JB can make things right by adding Nike Air to the White/Red 1's that are also releasing.

GO back to your glory days please!! Nike Air on OG colorways, jumpman on Retro+ non-OG colorways!!!

black toes will be mine

just one pair

you know, for putting on my feet when going outside

Last edited:

Im happy about the news bout the Blk Toes. Def looking to cop, I loved my Old Loves back in high school, but I cant stand mid 1's, let alone the Jumpman, but that really didn't bother me. The fact that these are $140 is kinda a slap, like c'mon? No need to stitch on the heel so you know they're already saving $$$.

My favs are the III's and I thought I was over J's when I didn't hesitate to buy the TB's and Wht/Cements when I seen the were re-released on shelves in '11. But, when I saw the Blk/Cements, I then got the Wht/Cement IV's. Haven't got another pair since. I'm also trying to keep it 1-2 pairs yearly, grails only, but 2013 looks too promising already without QS or other potentials being confirmed yet.
That news about the Black Toes definitely made my day.  I can't even rank 1's because I have like 5 of the OG colorways tied for 1st lol (Black/Red, Black Toes, Red/White/Black, Royals, Black/Grey), but Black Toes are clean as hell.

III's are my 3rd favorite silo, kinda fitting lol.  I have to strip the paint on my Fire Red's and repaint them as that's like one of the few J's that just killed me with the cracking.  I'm definitely right there with you in only chasing grails at this point which is why I'm trying to leave room open for an extra shoe or two just incase.  Never know what JB has up their sleeves.
JB can make things right by adding Nike Air to the White/Red 1's that are also releasing.

GO back to your glory days please!! Nike Air on OG colorways, jumpman on Retro+ non-OG colorways!!!
It will happen once interest in the brand declines.  Unfortunately that's not happening anytime soon so for now we'll have to take what we can get.

Last edited:
Idk what the emphasis is on just getting one pair doubling up is all about personal preference some guys just like being able to have a pair fresh for years to come

black toes will be mine
just one pair
you know, for putting on my feet when going outside

double up for me
so, down the line
you know, after yours are beat to hell and your waiting for a re-retro only for it to have a jump man. I'll have a DS

I'm the same way as far as keeping my shoes clean, but I can understand rare circumstances where a double up seems warranted (grails).  Also makes for nice trade bait down the line.

^exactly, all i need is one pair. ive found if have more than one then that only tends to make me more reckless with my current pair. just get one and learn how to keep them clean...
For me I just wan multiples of my favorites in case something happens to what I've got. Plus ones get bad heel drag if you rock them a lot...and i do plan to do so

Plus we all have tons of pairs and aren't gonna wear these the February 16th, the same day they release.

They'll be in the closet until further notice.

& when you do wear them, you won't be wearing them all day, everyday, every where.

So, just 1 for me please.

:smokin

passed on OLNL pack in 06 but will have to get the black toes most likey as well.. i had my retirement list at 6,,,then took off the 5s cuz i just got CDP..these might have to make it 6 again

That news about the Black Toes definitely made my day.  I can't even rank 1's because I have like 5 of the OG colorways tied for 1st lol (Black/Red, Black Toes, Red/White/Black, Royals, Black/Grey), but Black Toes are clean as hell.

III's are my 3rd favorite silo, kinda fitting lol.  I have to strip the paint on my Fire Red's and repaint them as that's like one of the few J's that just killed me with the cracking.  I'm definitely right there with you in only chasing grails at this point which is why I'm trying to leave room open for an extra shoe or two just incase.  Never know what JB has up their sleeves.

I feel you the paint chipping was terrible. I love the fire reds, but won't buy for that reason. You thinking about getting the Red/Blk/Wht 1's?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom