AJ 1 BLACK/ROYAL FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

4 pairs, easily. And I'll need info on the suit.
DOPE!

Huh? 1s were inspired by dunks. How is only the royals look like dunks?

Other way around. Dunks were the team version of the AJ1.

Kinda, sorta... chicken and egg. Prior to 1985 The Georgetown Hoyas always got special makeup Nike shoes that varyied slightly from the rest of the NCAA. For 1985 Nike had designed a shoe "specially" for the Hoyas called the "Air-Hoya" while the rest of the NCAA was slated to wear the Dunk. This "Air-Hoya" was basically a modified version of the dunk with attached leather ankle supports and an extra support at the midfoot.

When Nike signed Jordan it was under the condition that he got his own shoe for his rookie year. Since designing and putting a shoe into production takes months Nike decided their best option was to take the design for the "Air Hoya" and turn it into the "Air Jordan".

IMO even though the AJ1/hoya had "Air" and the Dunk didnt I still feel like theyre less premium than the Dunk. I say this because the sole and midsole on the AJ1 has less detail than the dunk and the tongue of the AJ1 is much cheaper looking and less durable due to the lace stablizer being cut into the tongue instead of stitched on.

Kinda, sorta... chicken and egg. Prior to 1985 The Georgetown Hoyas always got special makeup Nike shoes that varyied slightly from the rest of the NCAA. For 1985 Nike had designed a shoe "specially" for the Hoyas called the "Air-Hoya" while the rest of the NCAA was slated to wear the Dunk. This "Air-Hoya" was basically a modified version of the dunk with attached leather ankle supports and an extra support at the midfoot.
When Nike signed Jordan it was under the condition that he got his own shoe for his rookie year. Since designing and putting a shoe into production takes months Nike decided their best option was to take the design for the "Air Hoya" and turn it into the "Air Jordan".

IMO even though the AJ1/hoya had "Air" and the Dunk didnt I still feel like theyre less premium than the Dunk. I say this because the sole and midsole on the AJ1 has less detail than the dunk and the tongue of the AJ1 is much cheaper looking and less durable due to the lace stablizer being cut into the tongue instead of stitched on.
Droppin' knowledge, repped for that tidbit. 

THE CLOSET FINNA BE STOCKED B, BHLEE THAT. Hopefully, they don't slap a LS tag on these, I will be furious if I the only way to get them is to go and camp out. :smh:

The AJKO release makes me slightly worried about these. If you wanted a pair of AJKOs you could have gotten them but multiple pair were tricky. Hopefully these just get the GR treatment because it seems that the majority of the people who seriously want them want multiple pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom