AJ "BRED" 13 returning JAN 12, 2013

Sneakerfan1, these are definitely one of my grails, therefore, I'm still hoping that it's dejavu all over again like when the Flint 13's dropped a couple years ago.
Still kicking myself to this day for selling my '04's thinking it would be an easy cop later down the line. :smh:
Still kicking myself for selling off a lot of things actually :lol:
(2004 Playoff XII's, 2001 Black/Red 1's, 2001 Spacejams, 2001 White/Black IX's etc..)
"feelsbadman"

man...haha hearing these stories make me not want to part with certain shoes. I'm trying to downsize my collection but I keep having doubts about certain pairs.

I just want to know if these got da 3m or not, prolly still try and snag a pair, but ya know..

man...haha hearing these stories make me not want to part with certain shoes. I'm trying to downsize my collection but I keep having doubts about certain pairs.

These days, I only buy OG color ways. That's my way of down sizing :tongue:

HAVEN'T BEEN IN THIS THREAD FOR AWHILE BUT WEARING MY BRED 13'S AT WORK RIGHT NOW PROMPTED ME TO CHECK IN.

GLAD TO SEE THAT LEATHER TONGUE IS GONE AND THE PLUSH TONGUE IS BACK.

STILL THAT WEAK 3M :smh: . WILL PROBABLY BE A GAMETIME DECISION.

STILL GOOD WITH MY PAIR...

Lookin at that vid....besides the suede tongue and white jordan tag ******* look like the fake ones wid that polkadot lookin mesh....smh...still buyin tho considerin in 04 i was in 4th grade and my mom wasnt spendin over $70 on a pair of sneakers...

Got my OG pairs in earlier this week!

One pair is DS but the holograms were cracked and the other is NDS but in great condition.

Looking at the Originals next to the 04 pair I gotta say there is very little difference...actually I dont think I could tell them apart without lookin at the tag

Has anyone ever done a hologram swap on XIII's??? I'd be interested to know how it went

Looking forward to seeing the official pics of the 2013 pair but all things considered I will probably pass :smile:

:pimp: my man. Very nice collection of Breds.

I love these kicks man. I'm a hardbody XIII fan, and these will be robocopped simply because the XIII is my favorite Jordans ever.
I gave my 04 Pair to my younger cousin a few years ago so these will hold me over.

I had em in 98, 04, and I'ma cop em in 2013

Was really looking forward to these.. then I was able to cop an 04 pair for around $230. 
pimp.gif

Good luck y'all.. I'll be enjoying my 3m.

I don't know about you guys, scotch lite(3M) or not, but I'm sold on these! And I'm anal about retros being true to OG

Still not 100% on these. I need to find a deal on a DS pair of '04's, probably will happen once this release comes closer.

13's without the reflective mesh is like a Sandwich without mayo.

Still not 100% on these. I need to find a deal on a DS pair of '04's, probably will happen once this release comes closer.

13's without the reflective mesh is like a Sandwich without mayo.

I feel you! to each is his own.. but that is no longer a deal breaker for me after looking at these new pics! Scotch lite(3M) serves me no purpose.. it's not like I'm going to be running at night or taking flash pictures with them! the shoes look good, period! and I can't bring myself to pay 300 plus just to have a material that does nothing for me, I can spend that on Lebron X+ models that actually do something for me...

yes it would be nice if JB decides to keep it true OG, I'd prefer it, but regardless I'm coppin because they look good!

and because I missed out in '04 :lol:

I honestly dont see whats the bigg fuss about shoes "being like the OG's"... with or without the 3M, it shouldnt make or break your decision on copping em. In the end, its a dope colorway and a dope shoe. Period.

I honestly dont see whats the bigg fuss about shoes "being like the OG's"... with or without the 3M, it shouldnt make or break your decision on copping em. In the end, its a dope colorway and a dope shoe. Period.

Hold / wear a pair of OG's or 2004 Retros, and then you'll see why you wouldn't be satisfied with these. It's just the way it is. You can take it how you want it, in my opinion.

The reflective material has always been a part of this shoe period.

When the 2010 Flint's released, I went ahead and took a trip to the mall with the intentions of possibly giving them a chance.... That's when I knew and realized how the reflective mesh was important on this shoe.

NO you don't need to take flash photography to see it, they reflect in the day time. It gives an added look to the shoe.

Imagine if they took the reflective tongue off the 5's?? I don't want to live in a world without it. :lol:

Last edited:
:rofl: I wouldn't want to live in that world either haha reason why I'm not coppin the fire red Vs.. the ice blue soles take away from the shoe in my opinion, among other things

I've owned OG bred XIIIs and know exactly what you're talking about! I just like this particular shoe, and in my opinion, I don't think not having scotch lite will take away from the shoe..

those pictures tell me they don't, if that's not scotch lite weaved in the upper.. copped nonetheless :smokin

Last edited:
Hold / wear a pair of OG's or 2004 Retros, and then you'll see why you wouldn't be satisfied with these. It's just the way it is. You can take it how you want it, in my opinion.
The reflective material has always been a part of this shoe period.
When the 2010 Flint's released, I went ahead and took a trip to the mall with the intentions of possibly giving them a chance.... That's when I knew and realized how the reflective mesh was important on this shoe.
NO you don't need to take flash photography to see it, they reflect in the day time. It gives an added look to the shoe.
Imagine if they took the reflective tongue off the 5's?? I don't want to live in a world without it.
laugh.gif
yea I understand that, and I had a 2004 pair but I grew out of them
tired.gif
 but either way, to me at least, the 3M is something to small to not buy these shoes over. to me, the shoe itself is what sells it for me, ive always loved 13s for its model not its extra details. But in the end, its a matter of opinion, but I think some people go kinda overboard with the whole "OG" stuff... to each his own though.

Then again, there's no way I'm spending over $300 on an '04 pair unfortunately.

Call me a hypocrite when I do end up settling for these!! :lol:.

But for now, I play the waiting game.

Last edited:
THERE WILL BE MAYHEM FOR THIS SHOE HERE IN HOUSTON.

13'S ARE PROBABLY THE MOST LOVED MODEL HERE PLUS IT'S A BRED SHOE.

IT WILL BE ON 11 STATUS HERE WHEN IT DROPS UNLESS JORDAN BRAND EXTREME GR'S THESE.

Back
Top Bottom