AJ I Phat vs AJ I

What is the difference between a 'Phat' AJ I and the regular one?  Is the Phat more padded?  That would be nice because the regular AJ I is very uncomfortable

Yes, the Phat has more padding on the tongue and around the ankle area. I believe they were marketed towards skateboarding.

Last edited:
I don't think so but don't quote me on that. I'd recommend the Air Jordan Alpha 1 if you want a AJ1 with some recent tech.

Phats are super comfortable, but they get a lot of hate from the OG heads because of all the CWs they put out.. essentially "killing" the Is. I would say the insole has a little more padding. I've worn my pair (which are my beaters) the whole day without any sort of discomfort, but I can't say the same for a lot of the recent retros.

The padding on the tongue and ankle area are heaven though.. I wish every retro got the same treatment. It sucks to see a cheaper shoe have significantly better quality and material than retros that have paper thin padding while costing significantly more. It just goes to show you how much the brand is taking advantage of their consumers and the hype by cutting production costs while raising retail prices.

If you're looking for comfort, then I wouldn't hesitate to cop a pair of Phats. You definitely get the bang for your buck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom