AJ II Union x April 15, 2022

What model would you like to see Union do next?

• III

Votes: 54 48.2%
  • V

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • VI

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • VII

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • VIII

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • IX

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • X

• XI

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • XII

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

• Total voters
My instant reaction is, it isn’t shady cats working the line in the Memphis warehouse taking bribes to send these “A-List” resellers what would essentially amount to stolen goods.

It’s Nike. It’s part of the internal marketing plan. It’s Nike seeding loads of pairs behind the scenes to resellers to drive hype, prices, and perceptions of scarcity and value. It’s an ongoing, long-game brand-building tactic it will never acknowledge due to the backlash it would receive.

These limited-release products aren’t as much about making money on these one-off releases as they are halo products intended to keep the brand in the news, on everyone’s lips, and propping up the brand overall across all of its products and ongoing, more mainstream releases.

It’s plain as day, and we’re seeing it unfold in real time with the IIs: All these collabs and hype leading up to what will be, relatively speaking, a GR release this fall of the actual OG IIs. These tactics have literally just made one of the most unloved, throw-away signature Js—for DECADES—an instant sellout come October. Social media and the new hype culture have changed everything. And these people in Oregon are brilliant at exploiting it.

They publicly act like oh geez, this isn’t what WE want. BS. None of this is happening by accident or off the books by some rogues in a warehouse or factory. Benjamin Kicks practically just admitted it in that post, if you can even remotely read between the lines.
THIS guy gets it!

Yall know my thoughts on these... I think they're mediocre at best and not even close to worth all this hoopla, but I keep coming back bc this thread shines a bright light on the sickness that is being a "sneakerhead".

cool - lets get on LinkedIn and find the dude who runs the Memphis location - time to hold these mf accountable

Threw in the yellows

65A5004F-BEC1-463D-96D3-D211A43FC639.jpeg

093068AB-FFF1-40A1-9DE3-A6A11680D4BD.jpeg

Do people really care about j2? They were sitting in outlets for past releases. Mj bout to leave Nike cuz of this shoe until tinker saved Nike n revived the Jordan shoe name

True! And arguably, Jordan didn't like the 1 or 2, and it was the 3 that kept him with Nike. And yet people fiend for 1s, which are probably the least unique Jordan of all time as they look like so many other Nikes at that time, and the silhouette was very similar to other brands during that era as well. The banned story is great and all, but nobody wanted them at the time.

StockX shipped from the Asia release. Doubt any have shipped from the official Union drop yet
Nope. Still waiting on shipping. It’s been a really poor experience from a consumer standpoint: from the payment issues, delayed shipping, 12 year old poser with 100 or so pairs… this sneaker is just vibrating bad energy for me lol. That being said, when my rattan’s come in I’ll probably rock em.

True! And arguably, Jordan didn't like the 1 or 2, and it was the 3 that kept him with Nike. And yet people fiend for 1s, which are probably the least unique Jordan of all time as they look like so many other Nikes at that time, and the silhouette was very similar to other brands during that era as well. The banned story is great and all, but nobody wanted them at the time.
In Europe you could buy 1s still in ‘89. They sat.

While I’m sure folks at Nike have a sense of what’s going on and clearly haven’t stopped it although they’ve tried, its not “on purpose”. Folks just learned how to exploit the system. The benkicks of the world are getting allocated stock as if they had an account. and Memphis is still delivering stock weeks after release.

Sound like a conspiracy theory but it’s been happening for years and will more than likely continue you too unless Nike change how orders get placed and how shoes get distributed.
It's beyond obvious to me it is absolutely being done on purpose. This idea that hundreds or even thousands of pairs of shoes on every hype release just go missing from the mythical Memphis warehouse--and Nike is powerless to stop it--strikes me as absolute nonsense. A company with Nike's resources and corporate security could easily prevent it. How is a reseller(s) posting images of himself with a billion pairs and practically flaunting the fact he's getting them from the company, apparently with no repercussions? In my line of work, I'm aware of instances where some of the world's largest corporations have not only launched massive investigations but have physically sent their own contracted security agents to the homes of people who simply leaked pictures to the internet of upcoming products. If Nike doesn't know but wants to know and stop how some kid is getting his hands on its product without authorization, best believe it would be done.

That Elliot dude has good reviews of the kicks but the worst hair style. He looks like a Eazy-E had a baby with Shelia E.

Who's ready to file a racketeering suit against Nike
For the record, I'm not suggesting Nike is doing anything illegal. It can market, distribute, price and sell its products pretty much any way it wants. All I'm saying is, I don't believe all this "back door" stuff is the sole work of shady individuals working in the warehouse(s) and factories. A few pairs here and there, sure. Thousands of pairs repeatedly, release after release? I could be completely wrong, but personally I just don't buy it.

Last edited:
For the record, I'm not suggesting Nike is doing anything illegal. It can market, distribute and sell its products pretty much any way it wants. All I'm saying is, I don't believe all this "back door" stuff is the sole work of shady individuals working in the warehouse(s) and factories. A few pairs here and there, sure. Thousands of pairs repeatedly, release after release? I could be completely wrong, but personally I just don't buy it.

Definitely something illegal if a dweeb like ben gets a warehouse full before the store itself.

We already got a small taste of it with that kid whose mom was the VP of nike

Back
Top Bottom