Votes: 46 28.0%
  • Fourth

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • Fifth

Votes: 37 22.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
I might go half a size up on these. My Ray Allen 7s are unbearably tight but my Flint 7s and Citrus 7s just fit snug. Ever since they remastered the mold to get closer to the OGs, the 7s fit half a size too small imo.

JB quality hasnt exactly risen in that time frame
Well mostly true but the 7s and select other Js have good quality.

My overall point is that JB can't sell us these shoes for $125 today (or even $150) and make a decent profit. Someone did the inflation adjuster and we aren't even paying $125 in today's money. People need to get it out of thier head what these cost 30 years ago bc it isn't remotely relevant today.

I might go half a size up on these. My Ray Allen 7s are unbearably tight but my Flint 7s and Citrus 7s just fit snug. Ever since they remastered the mold to get closer to the OGs, the 7s fit half a size too small imo.
I got a pair of Ray 7s on the way. I never tried em on when they dropped in 2019, but I went with my "half size up size" of 11 and im confident they will fit. I did try on the Flint 7s in store when they dropped in my true 10.5 and they were too tight.

33536665-6178-436B-83FD-CC2704F1D673.png

Well mostly true but the 7s and select other Js have good quality.

My overall point is that JB can't sell us these shoes for $125 today (or even $150) and make a decent profit. Someone did the inflation adjuster and we aren't even paying $125 in today's money. People need to get it out of thier head what these cost 30 years ago bc it isn't remotely relevant today.
so nike continues to sell the more uptempo in millions of colorways at $160 just for the **** of it huh?

they not making profits whoring out that shoe they just release it cuz they love us right?

the inflation excuse has been going on for my entire 23 year existence on niketalk

just like a reseller nike sets their prices based on demand NOT inflation

if people didnt go crazy over air jordan retros like they do all of them would be the same price as the more uptempo in 2022.

Last edited:
so nike continues to sell the more uptempo in millions of colorways at $160 just for the **** of it huh?

they not making profits whoring out that shoe they just release it cuz they love us right?

the inflation excuse has been going on for my entire 23 year existence on niketalk

just like a reseller nike sets their prices based on demand NOT inflation

if people didnt go crazy over air jordan retros like they do all of them would be the same price as the more uptempo in 2022.
Its not an excuse, its definitely a fact about inflation. Obviously supply and demand will always come into play but inflation will cause any business to raise prices. Again, someone did an inflation calculator and at 210 we aren't paying "1992 prices." People need to get out of thier head what retros cost in 99-06. You can't pay the same price on anything that you did 20 years ago. I don't think retro Jordan's should be $200 if we aren't getting current upgrades, but when you account for inflation it is what it is. Nike basketball retros have actually gotten worse bc of what nike uses for air in those shoes. I had the 2015 Pippen 1 and those were horrible. Sold them off as they were insanely uncomfortable. At least Jordan's haven't gone backwards.

Its not an excuse, its definitely a fact about inflation. Obviously supply and demand will always come into play but inflation will cause any business to raise prices. Again, someone did an inflation calculator and at 210 we aren't paying "1992 prices." People need to get out of thier head what retros cost in 99-06. You can't pay the same price on anything that you did 20 years ago. I don't think retro Jordan's should be $200 if we aren't getting current upgrades, but when you account for inflation it is what it is. Nike basketball retros have actually gotten worse bc of what nike uses for air in those shoes. I had the 2015 Pippen 1 and those were horrible. Sold them off as they were insanely uncomfortable. At least Jordan's haven't gone backwards.

Can’t wait to get my Nike ACG Air Madas for $93 on sale from $135. 😁

Back
Top Bottom