AJ XXX (30)

laugh.gif

Though my Twolves will most likely get handled by the Thunder tonight...
tired.gif
  it'll be cool to see Russ lace these XXXs up.

That point about the midsole Tinker made is perfect

I love how he looked into the camera to call people out about that. :lol

I'm sorry but I disagree.

It is one thing to have the same tooling/tech, it is another to have the damb near same design.

Tinker just trying to cover is tail. The fact that he knew the question was coming, and went on the offensive ,speaks to him knowing how bad it looks

Last edited:
I'm actually really feeling these. It'll be nice to see them in some more colorways, but I like the launch CW.

I've become obsessed with these within the span of about 5-6 hours. These and my 2013 black/red 1's will be the only 2 sneakers in rotation for the month of February and probably March...

...Alpha and Omega :o

Last edited:
I'm completely with Tinker on this point "don't change something unless you have a better idea." I think that's really good logic, although the midsole looks the same and has similar tooling to the XX9. If they have nothing to add in terms of rigidity and balancing forefoot and rear court feel, what's the point?

I'm fine with the upper looking different and the midsole looking similar. It's not something that makes the shoe trash IMO.

8o 8o you too? :lol
I like these much better than the brons, kobes, and kds this year

That's my plan as of now
The KD 8's have virtually no appeal to me, the Lebron 13's are just boring (still waiting on the lows though) The Kobe XI's look good to me, Kyrie 2's are fire imo, & the Jordan XXX's mark first non retro Jordan I've been excited about getting in years. Bottom line the XXX's look good to me. I might even pickup a couple of pairs.

I'm conflicted. I like the 30s but I feel like Tinker kind of mailed it in, and it's not the first time he's done it.

The 7s felt like a rehash and very evolutionalry of the 6s. The 9s were very basic and the 10s took that to a new banal low, it's always felt like a shoe with no inspiration. I guess that's why they had to overcompensate with the outsole to remind us whose shoe it was.

Tinker's time constraint excuse is embarrassing to the line as a whole. Why even mention it were it not for the fact that this shoe has the exact same midsole as the 29s. His question to Jacques about what was different in the midsole and outsole on the 3s, 4,s and 5s is funny  Gee I don't know, hmm, design for one thing was different.

The materials and cushioning systems were the same in those three shoes, but the designs were quite different, and if a designer can't utilize the same cushioning system and materials and mask them with a new look then why hire designers?

Yes, the 3s and 4s shared midsoles with other Nikes, but no AJ ever kept the same exact midsole design for its successor, that's just lazy. If Westbrook loves the feel of the 29's and it is an awesome performance shoe then by all means use that again, but to not change the design is inexcusable. This is only the most popular sneaker line of all time, it's not like anyone will notice. 

Haha, Tinker said exactly what I said about the minor tweaks, but yet a different shoe! I love how he used 3 (3,4,5) of the most love Jordans of all time to prove the point I made in regards to the complaining!

Crazy thing is many were mad or disappointed about the Jordan, but yet happy and glad that the Kobe 11 went back to a similar cut like the Kobe 5 and 8. I suppose it is okay to go back on some shoes and not others. :lol

Anyhow I am still one foot in one foot out. For me it will probably depend on how easy they will be to get and not having to jump through hoops.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom