AJ XXX (30)

I was in highschool when I played in the III-VI. I remember them feeling good and could feel the air units. I played both in the gym and on the playground in them so they all ended up getting beat. The Ivs and Vs did have thicker foam insoles but I could still feel the air units.
Once zoom air came out that became my preferred cushion setup because you could feel that bounce.

200 isn't that bad compared to other shoes.

I mean its only 50 more than almost 20 years ago.

That kinda shocked me a little too seeing as jb has been upping prices.

150 to 175 is where its at tho.

gonna feel weird buying some jordans again
glasses.gif
I can't look at a pair of basketball shoes and think each shoe is worth a 100 dollar bill. $75 per shoe was crazy enough but a flat $100 is just too much.

im not sure tinker designed every sig jordan after the 23.... but there are definitely some gems that have released since those (IMO). my biggest gripe has been colors and sometimes the upper patterns (like with the xx8 and xx9).

the best xx8 was the black/green color. was soooo clean. the whole crazy design uppers on those were just too much.

the xx9.... well, i like the xxx so thats saying something then
laugh.gif
Here's whose designed since the XX3, Tinker has mostly had his hand in all of them but really took back over for the 2012 and on

XX3 - Tinker

2009 - Jason Mayden 

2010 - Tinker and Mark Smith

2011 - Tinker and Tom Luedecke 

2012 - Tinker and Tom Luedecke

XX8 - Tinker and Josh Heard

XX9 - Tinker

XXX - Tinker and Mark Smith

2 years will do that.
Doubtful.  JB is focused on making a lightweight competitive basketball shoe.  It would make zero sense to put a self lacing system in there and "flashy lights".  All that is going to do is increase the weight and make the shoe look like a damn children's light up shoe.

There is a reason that self lacing systems never caught on after the TMAC IV.  They were dumb and heavy.

im not sure tinker designed every sig jordan after the 23.... but there are definitely some gems that have released since those (IMO). my biggest gripe has been colors and sometimes the upper patterns (like with the xx8 and xx9).

the best xx8 was the black/green color. was soooo clean. the whole crazy design uppers on those were just too much.

the xx9.... well, i like the xxx so thats saying something then :lol
Here's whose designed since the XX3, Tinker has mostly had his hand in all of them but really took back over for the 2012 and on

XX3 - Tinker
2009 - Jason Mayden 
2010 - Tinker and Mark Smith
2011 - Tinker and Tom Luedecke 
2012 - Tinker and Tom Luedecke
XX8 - Tinker and Josh Heard
XX9 - Tinker
XXX - Tinker and Mark Smith

gotcha... so he only has the 29 as his lone solo project after the xx3.

Doubtful.  JB is focused on making a lightweight competitive basketball shoe.  It would make zero sense to put a self lacing system in there and "flashy lights".  All that is going to do is increase the weight and make the shoe look like a damn children's light up shoe.

There is a reason that self lacing systems never caught on after the TMAC IV.  They were dumb and heavy.
You missed my point.

And the TMAC came out like 15 years ago. 

You missed my point.

And the TMAC came out like 15 years ago. 
Your point:

In 2 years there will be self lacing systems on high end performance jordans.

My Point:

It is unnecessary and adds weight so their wont.  

You are basically telling people that they are too dumb to tie their own shoes so we will add a mechanism that will increase cost significantly and add no real value while decreasing the performance of the shoe.

I'm still thinking Jordan didn't like what JB Designers were coming up with and that's why Tinker came in Feb 2015 and that's the reasoning for the design. I'm sure it was in development for 2 years but a different shoe that the main man didn't like. That's why he asked Tinker to take over. Tinker wouldn't throw designers under the bus by saying this so that's why I'm guessing it was left out.  

Im pretty sure Tinker and some woman co designed the XX9
Her name is Tiffany Beers, but she's not a designer she's an Innovator at Nike. Tinker designs and she helps the product development by creating what he designed. She was a big part but not technically a designer. She also helped with the Air Mag's by creating the light system for the 11 release and the self lacing system for this years. 

Last edited:
I don't know...something happened and we can all just speculate.  Tinker is an artist.  Artist often clash with corporate heads.  It's a shoe, It's here, I'll cop it, wear it, and box it back up.  I do think MJ not attending the unveiling speaks volumes however...

Tinker and Mark group text to MJ: "Mike you coming out to the XXX unveiling??"

MJ:

laugh.gif

Your point:

My Point:

You are basically telling people that they are too dumb to tie their own shoes so we will add a mechanism that will increase cost significantly and add no real value while decreasing the performance of the shoe.
Like I said, you missed my point.

My point:

When you make people wait 2 years for something that has always taken 1 year to produce then don't be surprised when your customer base develops wild expectations.

Did people think Marty McFly was a ******? Im pretty sure everyone was too busy being in awe if I remember correctly. 

And who says it has to serve the sole purpose of tying the shoes? Why not make it an active system that, during the course of the game, tightens and loosens on the fly so that it provides an optimal feel at all times. Having them relax on their own while you're on the bench or tighten at the forefoot during a drive. Hel!, have them lock up at the ankle when it senses a rollover to prevent sprains. Im not a billion dollar basketball shoe company but I can tell you that we're not anywhere close to the perfect shoe. There is plenty of territory to explore.

Last edited:
The black pair looks sick. Reminds me of the black 17s. I like the elongated look, very reminiscent of OG Jordan's looking elongated. Makes me overlook the midsole. Maybe because it's black and you can't see it. Back of the shoe looks kinda corny.

Price is okay. I think I will cop.

Your point:

My Point:

Like I said, you missed my point.

My point:

When you make people wait 2 years for something that has always taken 1 year to produce then don't be surprised when your customer base develops wild expectations.

auto lacing shoes isn't the best option for a performance shoe tho. that's some sportswear type of stuff right there.

I think they look pretty good, but I definitely would only scoop on discount. I don't remember the last time I paid full retail for any shoe lol. I have every flagship Jordan from 2011 onwards but I always bought them at outlet prices. The sneakers are always great to ball in. Right now I'm waiting for some XX9 lows to hit discount, I think those look amazing. 

Last edited:
Although disappointed with the same midsole and basic upper. I think someone on here said it best. If I never saw the XX9 I think these would make an excellent shoe for the 30.

Its definitely being talked about more than any jordan i can remember after the 20

Probably cuz its 30....but still cool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom