AJ XXX (30)

Grizz always leaves us behind bruh. I stay with a
nerd.gif
on deck for him
So true...
indifferent.gif

When you have a model with minimal panels for color blocking, you can't expect too much variation.

It looks like a minor change for this model, but it's not that different than what JBs done in the past. Off hand the 12s. They just selected one major color and changed it to something else.

I knew someone would say 12s which is a pretty weak example imo, because that one change you mentioned results in a much different looking shoe. These don't look THAT different at all. Forget the panels, graphics alone make the possibilities endless with this kind of shoe. Not that I want to see a bunch of corny weak graphics on this model but the possibilities are certainly there in terms of different color ways.

I just agree with dude above that it's weird to have a follow up color way so similar to the first
Why is it a weak example?

I knew someone would say 12s which is a pretty weak example imo, because that one change you mentioned results in a much different looking shoe. These don't look THAT different at all. Forget the panels, graphics alone make the possibilities endless with this kind of shoe. Not that I want to see a bunch of corny weak graphics on this model but the possibilities are certainly there in terms of different color ways.

I just agree with dude above that it's weird to have a follow up color way so similar to the first

This.
The colorblocking of the 12s (even only the 5 og colorways) were not identical.
The taxis were the only one with black sole,side panels, heel tab, sockliner and, jumpman and two2 on the tongue. The Chicagos had red sole and side panels but black heel tab, sockliner etc. The Obsidians sticked out with the white laces. The playoffs/ASGs had the silver Jumpman plastic label on the sides, the black/reds had black lace loops on black upper.

Last edited:

This.
The colorblocking of the 12s (even only the 5 og colorways) were not identical.
The taxis were the only one with black sole,side panels, heel tab, sockliner and, jumpman and two2 on the tongue. The Chicagos had red sole and side panels but black heel tab, sockliner etc. The Obsidians sticked out with the white laces. The playoffs/ASGs had the silver Jumpman plastic label on the sides, the black/reds had black lace loops on black upper.

Right, and since we're talking about

a second drop with a colorway as similar to the first

In this case the taxi's and the white/red, and the predominate change in colorway is just on the sole and side panel as you stated, how is that a weak argument? They don't look like "completely different shoes" as other poster stated no more than the XXXs. No one is going to be mistaking the UNCs for the 1st colorway.

One could argue that the obsidian 12s and the playoff 12s are pretty close and i can see the white/red and taxi comparisons also.

that said, i love the blue toe box of the UNC XXXs.... like yea, im in if they dropped.

also, a lot of us go ham for the playoff 13s and the black toe 13s where they are almost the same shoes aside from the black panels on the playoffs :lol:

One could argue that the obsidian 12s and the playoff 12s are pretty close

i bought both, and sold both lol.
the recent 12s fit uncomfortable on my ankle, the tongue keeps pressing into the front of my ankle and i always have to adjust when laced up.
starting to feel like jordans just dont fit me well anymore lol

Was able to try on a pair today at the mall.

They fit good but a bit narrow width wise imo. Also, the reflective toe is a bit uncomfortable I would think. It's definitely a stiffer material. Not like steel toe or something but can tell it's different.

I liked them but not for $200 after seeing in person and trying them on. At lower price point? Sure.

One could argue that the obsidian 12s and the playoff 12s are pretty close and i can see the white/red and taxi comparisons also.

that said, i love the blue toe box of the UNC XXXs.... like yea, im in if they dropped.

also, a lot of us go ham for the playoff 13s and the black toe 13s where they are almost the same shoes aside from the black panels on the playoffs :lol:

Once again pretty weak example. A lot more you can do with these than the 12s and that's pretty obvious imo. Cherry reds also have a VERY different look than taxis. If you are honestly going to tell me that cherry reds look as similar to taxis as these UNCs are to the first drop then I don't know what to say

I ain't eem mad though. At the end of the day both colorways of the 30 are dope so far

Last edited:

Once again pretty weak example. A lot more you can do with these than the 12s and that's pretty obvious imo. Cherry reds also have a VERY different look than taxis. If you are honestly going to tell me that cherry reds look as similar to taxis as these UNCs are to the first drop then I don't know what to say

who cares man... really. I CAN SEE THE COMPARISON and I spoke on it. nobody cares if you agree with me or not :lol:

They fit good but a bit narrow width wise imo. Also, the reflective toe is a bit uncomfortable I would think. It's definitely a stiffer material. Not like steel toe or something but can tell it's different.

I liked them but not for $200 after seeing in person and trying them on. At lower price point? Sure.

Honestly I thought the same thing when I first tried them on, but when? I got home and loosend up the the laces that tightness was gon.

Id go back and loosen the laces a bit to see what they feel like

Im glad i copped for 50

I finally received my 30's and they look way better in person. Call me crazy, but I'm way more excited about these than the 4's. I may have to try another insole though.

Bring on the UNC colorway.......

Agree with you on these being narrow 90. I got my XXX's yesterday with my IV's. Opened them up and was definitely impressed! These look awesome in person! Checked out the left shoe, perfect. The right shoe...not so much!

View media item 1916822
If it doesn't show up well, there is a spot on the toe, just under the right leg of the Jumpman. It's glue! This spot was A LOT larger, but after working on it for over 30 minutes with a razor blade (slicing the glue with the blade on its side), I got a good amount off. Can't get it all yet and I'm afraid to try anything that may damage the toe (like goo be gone). Looks good enough for now that I can't see it when I had them on.

About having them on-foot. I hate the insole! That rubber material on it is a pain. Feels like you can't get your foot all the way in. Fit is definitely more narrow than the XX9. These also seem to run a rad long. I'm a true 11 with a skinny (not narrow) foot and I got decent room. No way I could go down in size.

The issue I am having. The toe box height. It's a low toe box. And my issue is, I broke my big toe several times. The knuckle of my big toe sticks up and in these, I can't move my toe at all (I like to wiggle my toes, so my foot doesn't go to sleep/numb). I tried taking out the insole and put them on...much better. Maybe I buy a flat Spenco, and trim the end off just by the toes and that may work. Not sure.

Was thinking of returning, but these took awesome. I'm destined to make them work somehow. If anyone has any ideas on flat insoles that don't take up too much toe space, let me know. All in all, they did a GREAT JOB on these. Just wish my pair had better QC with the glue issue (It's JB, I know). I'm gonna get it all off somehow.

View media item 1916853

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom