AJ XXX (30)

I honestly didn't know they made anything past the XX3. Did some quick catching up, everything past the 23 looks really bad. Like REALLY bad.

ohwell.gif

I honestly didn't know they made anything past the XX3. Did some quick catching up, everything past the 23 looks really bad. Like REALLY bad.

I have a hard time believing you didn't know there were new signature shoes after the 23's. People hate on the shoes today but in 5 to 7 years people are going to say everything made after the 30'show were trash and the year should have stopped there. It happened with the 14's, then the 17's, and then the XX3's.

I'm serious. I thought the xx3 was the last main signature Jordan. I don't care when the sig shoes end or quality or anything. I'm just saying 24-29 look very ugly compared to 1-23

Made the mistake of searching Jordan XXX on google images. **Does not lead to pictures of shoes :rofl: :lol:

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

:lol:
I wish the pic was at least fully assembled. it's hard to get a good idea of the overall shape but from what I see it looks like a Jordan 10 type outsole could fit these nicely. don't want it to be exactly the same but the same general idea. no icy sole would be nice too... they've used them so much I hate icy soles now.

PREACH! Used to love clear soles, now every kick I see with it is almost an instant pass.

lol yeah. the 23 were pretty good, but way heavy. after that, the signature was never appealing and innovative enough. they spend more RnD on runners, flyknits, ids, etc etc than they do with jordans sig line.bottom line they look whack. the giant logos as if people have cataract. the cement loka like fat veins on cankles.they just look like terrible boots with jordan design on them.they ought to talk to MJ about some real innovation or concept. sheesh.

I can see why a lot of dudes stop counting sigs after the XX3s, they were tasteful and had some nice subtle colorways while most of the sigs that released after them...

c'mon son...

Like the hell was JB thinkin? Anyway I could barely remember all of them myself without googling so I thought I'd help my brethren out and run thru em real quick. I provided some visual AIDS incase y'all forgot what they were lookin like. Lol

Air Jordan 2009

Look at these monstrosities. The first sig shoe released after the XX3s and it was these. They were named the Air Jordan 2009 contrary to the air jordan 24 as if JB themselves were drawing the line between the 2009s and the 1-23. Anyway I think they were inspired by fencing. Yes, the actual sport of fencing hence the layered materials on the side, idk could be wrong. Why the sims crystal and high heel tho? Trash :smh:

View media item 1811835
Air Jordan 2010

LMAO why bro??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heard they call these joints the gloryholes :lol: Why they cut a hole in the side of the shoe tho? Like am I supposed to peer into it and look at your dingy *** starter socks? JB shoulda cut a hole into the designers office so they could've kept tabs on him if he ever drew up **** like this.

View media item 1811842
Air Jordan 2011

Yawn

View media item 1811844
Air Jordan 2012

These were sort of cool I guess. They came with changeable insoles and inner bootie/sockliners. You could have made them a high top or a mid. They definitely had their own design tho and commanded attention. Still pass tho

View media item 1811845
Air Jordan 28

Finally since the 23s I felt like JB gave us an actual dope sig. I liked the zip up shroud upper and it was nice how the laces looked over the folded down shroud. But even zipped up the 28s looked different. They kind of looked like designer shoes. I think this was bc the flightplate(?) in the mid foot that separated the outsole between the heel and the forefoot giving em that Rick Owens look. Honestly the 28s could have just been the 22s. If kazaam was here I'd wish for the 22s and 28s to just swap places and after JB released them as the 22s and then released the 23s the following year, they would have just stopped with the sigs until the XXX. Then solely bc of the 30th anniversary year drop the XXX from the leaked pic. Everything in between could literally be highlighted and dragged to the recycle bin. Then right click on the Recycle Bin + Empty recycle bin. That includes the 29 because why bother with them when the XXXs are basically the 29 2.0.

View media item 1811873
View media item 1811930
Also there are these air jordan 28 SE. SE for special edition I think. Basically it was like an updated 28 without The shroud. Good look for basketball but I liked the regular 28s more. These gave off that melo vibe

View media item 1811886
Air Jordan 29

Awesome design. Very simple aesthetically but a lot of potential. Too bad JB never utilized the upper more, possibilities were endless

View media item 1811883
View media item 1811890

Now that we have seen the XXX, I like some things about it. The split heel-forefoot outsole and the one piece upper which return from the 29 are a good look in my book. I hope they do more with the upper tho and make some interesting pairs, it's basically the second coming of the 29. Also the grey color variation on the toe cap is a nice touch. Collar looks interesting too.

View media item 1811901
View media item 1811902

Last edited:
I'm serious. I thought the xx3 was the last main signature Jordan. I don't care when the sig shoes end or quality or anything. I'm just saying 24-29 look very ugly compared to 1-23

So you really take the XV, XIX, XX2 over the 2011, 2012, xx8 and xx9?

I have every air jordan except xx2, xx3 and 2009 and i must say the 2011 look very decent and are surely not ugly. They look much better in person than on most pics. 2012 are in my opinion in the same category like the aj9.
Xx8 is probably the best sample for a love/hate jordan.
Xx9 is a great shoe not only performance wise but also in design.
While it seemed to be too plain on first sight i must say it is among my favorite air jordans.

MJ's college major really was Geography though :lol: Look it up.

But the globe on the tongue remind me of the globe on the back of the IX and the whole international theme of that shoe with the foreign words on the sole, etc.

So you really take the XV, XIX, XX2 over the 2011, 2012, xx8 and xx9?

I have every air jordan except xx2, xx3 and 2009 and i must say the 2011 look very decent and are surely not ugly. They look much better in person than on most pics. 2012 are in my opinion in the same category like the aj9.
Xx8 is probably the best sample for a love/hate jordan.
Xx9 is a great shoe not only performance wise but also in design.
While it seemed to be too plain on first sight i must say it is among my favorite air jordans.

+1.
The only Jordan I think looks terrible was the 2010. 2009, 2011, 2012 are all pretty good. Especially the quality on each one of them are top notch as well as performance during their respective year that they came out.

The only reason ppl say they didn't like them was because they weren't numbered.

Thanks for putting that list together. I think many of us not only forget these models but also other earlier ones as well.

The issue with many of the later models is that MJ didn't play in them, so no history of great moments = no interest for many. As a few mentioned the Jordan used to get all the latest technology, now the other signature models get that treatment.

Of those you listed, the 23s are probably tops, Nike put a lot behind those at the time for good reason. I think the 2011s you have as a yawner are actually a great design. It's simply but works. I still have multiple DS pairs. The 2012 I think is a good performance shoe. We sponsored some local teams and got them this shoe, everyone loved to play in them. Everything else listed just leaves a lot to be desired and will most likely be forgotten over time. Most seem to really like the 29s for performance.

Before the 23, IMO the last respectable model was the 17. This is when MJ moved to SF and was basically a 20 ppg jump shooter and the change in his game resulted in a different shoe, heavier but rigid in specific areas. After those I wouldn't touch an 18-22 model, although some like the 20s which I can see.

If the 30s are close to what's pictured I wouldn't buy, but I would hope Nike at least makes these the top performance shoe for the Jordan brand.

I provided some visual AIDS

Air Jordan 2009

Why the sims crystal and high heel tho? Trash
mean.gif

Air Jordan 2010

LMAO why bro???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Heard they call these joints the gloryholes
laugh.gif

Air Jordan 2011

Yawn

Air Jordan 28

Everything in between could literally be highlighted and dragged to the recycle bin. Then right click on the Recycle Bin + Empty recycle bin. 

Im in tears bro, holy ****

Last edited:
 What's going on with these damn things? Isn't it kinda late in the year to announce the 30? Wasn't last years announced in November?

MJ's college major really was Geography though
laugh.gif
Look it up.

But the globe on the tongue remind me of the globe on the back of the IX and the whole international theme of that shoe with the foreign words on the sole, etc.
Cultural geography, to be exact.

This is just gonna be another themed XX9 imo. It looks like they haven't changed the entire shoe.

Or a XX9/XXX pack? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Even worse. It was announced in April 2014.
Yeah exactly. Key word is "announced". That announcement was official and came with official pics and video. This is a leak. So by the time we get an official announcement on the XXX, it could be 2 years since that of the XX9!!

damn someone really said the 2012 was in the same category as the aj9?
indifferent.gif
 the 2012 is the WORST sig by far imo. those flywire/hack marks are the most un appealing feature on any shoe, but they were especially bad on the 2012 because they extended into the midsole 
sick.gif
. The only thing I like about that design is the jumpman sizing and placement, and the shape is somewhat decent. ALL the other details suck. the 2009 was a decent design but the heel absolutely killed it. same with the 2010, the window and other clear pieces being the killer. 2011 was meh nothing terribad but nothing to go crazy about either. 28 is the 2nd worst sig ever, 29 was meh. these 30s idk about yet I do like the colorblocking so far and I sort of like the XXX from the side view because it makes me think of hyperflights. so far I'm not feeling what they've got going on at the toe. looks like a faint full toe sized jumpman?
eyes.gif
 that's probably my least favorite part about them so far. I think the sole will make it or break it for me.

Back
Top Bottom