AJ XXX (30)

I'm probably in the minority but a sig shoe looks more prestigious when the sole is flat to the ground/flatter. Once they start making raises to the outsole (granted it's to enhance the tech), it looks less "prestigious" and more performance shoe, which Obviously is the purpose

Use the 2009's, 2012's, 29's for reference

Maybe it's a weird observation I'm making

I'm probably in the minority but a sig shoe looks more prestigious when the sole is flat to the ground/flatter. Once they start making raises to the outsole (granted it's to enhance the tech), it looks less "prestigious" and more performance shoe, which Obviously is the purpose

Use the 2009's, 2012's, 29's for reference

Maybe it's a weird observation I'm making
nah some do look better like that and I think these would too. That's why I said I think a Jordan 10 type outsole would fit them well. I'm not really sure what they're doing exactly, because the 29 basically could have been a flat sole. they just connected it with a tendril or whatever the F they called it to cut weight I guess. Here's to hoping these have a flat sole. 

I don't see them having a flat outsole.  The engineering principals of the 28 and 29 won't allow it.  They've said this design provides greater flexibility; it's unlikely they'll reverse at this point.  It took them 29 years to come to the conclusion that an air unit in the heel isn't desirable ;-).  It will be interesting to see if they put in back in on the 30.

I wouldn't touch an 18-22 model, although some like the 20s which I can see.

18s are
pimp.gif
, 19s are good, 19 se's are great, 20s are great, 21s are great, 22s I used to hate but I recently warmed up to the white cw. Still though, those are just ok. Anything after that is mediocre including 23s. imo 23s are like the 2009 and 2010... good overall design but a couple very annoying features. I don't like the baseball/Jordan 1 contrast stitching and I HATE the fin on the back.

forgive my Microsoft paint skills. remove the fin, leave off the big red stitch and you've got a winner.

Last edited:
The 29 was an awesome design? What the what?

The big *** jumpman with his leg cut off was an awesome design?

We really are in an era where it doesnt take much to please the masses..
awesome design aesthetically?  not that great

awesome design build-wise for basketball?  100% yes from me

18s are :pimp: , 19s are good, 19 se's are great, 20s are great, 21s are great, 22s I used to hate but I recently warmed up to the white cw. Still though, those are just ok. Anything after that is mediocre including 23s. imo 23s are like the 2009 and 2010... good overall design but a couple very annoying features. I don't like the baseball/Jordan 1 contrast stitching and I HATE the fin on the back.

View media item 1812748

forgive my Microsoft paint skills. remove the fin, leave off the big red stitch and you've got a winner.

23 had one of the best silhouettes ever, but I despised the monogram scribble. It was so Pelle Pelle!

There are enough colorways with smaller jumpmans on them. I have the black / team orange pair and i don't think i belong to the mass as i wear latest air jordans also for casual. Kind of sick wearing the same retros over and over like many hypebeasts do.

Please who? Besides the Team Orange, nobody bought the shoe.

I can see why a lot of dudes stop counting sigs after the XX3s, they were tasteful and had some nice subtle colorways while most of the sigs that released after them...

c'mon son...

Like the hell was JB thinkin? Anyway I could barely remember all of them myself without googling so I thought I'd help my brethren out and run thru em real quick. I provided some visual AIDS incase y'all forgot what they were lookin like. Lol

Air Jordan 2009

Look at these monstrosities. The first sig shoe released after the XX3s and it was these. They were named the Air Jordan 2009 contrary to the air jordan 24 as if JB themselves were drawing the line between the 2009s and the 1-23. Anyway I think they were inspired by fencing. Yes, the actual sport of fencing hence the layered materials on the side, idk could be wrong. Why the sims crystal and high heel tho? Trash :smh:

View media item 1811835
Air Jordan 2010

LMAO why bro??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heard they call these joints the gloryholes :lol: Why they cut a hole in the side of the shoe tho? Like am I supposed to peer into it and look at your dingy *** starter socks? JB shoulda cut a hole into the designers office so they could've kept tabs on him if he ever drew up **** like this.

View media item 1811842
Air Jordan 2011

Yawn

View media item 1811844
Air Jordan 2012

These were sort of cool I guess. They came with changeable insoles and inner bootie/sockliners. You could have made them a high top or a mid. They definitely had their own design tho and commanded attention. Still pass tho

View media item 1811845
Air Jordan 28

Finally since the 23s I felt like JB gave us an actual dope sig. I liked the zip up shroud upper and it was nice how the laces looked over the folded down shroud. But even zipped up the 28s looked different. They kind of looked like designer shoes. I think this was bc the flightplate(?) in the mid foot that separated the outsole between the heel and the forefoot giving em that Rick Owens look. Honestly the 28s could have just been the 22s. If kazaam was here I'd wish for the 22s and 28s to just swap places and after JB released them as the 22s and then released the 23s the following year, they would have just stopped with the sigs until the XXX. Then solely bc of the 30th anniversary year drop the XXX from the leaked pic. Everything in between could literally be highlighted and dragged to the recycle bin. Then right click on the Recycle Bin + Empty recycle bin. That includes the 29 because why bother with them when the XXXs are basically the 29 2.0.

View media item 1811873
View media item 1811930
Also there are these air jordan 28 SE. SE for special edition I think. Basically it was like an updated 28 without The shroud. Good look for basketball but I liked the regular 28s more. These gave off that melo vibe

View media item 1811886
Air Jordan 29

Awesome design. Very simple aesthetically but a lot of potential. Too bad JB never utilized the upper more, possibilities were endless

View media item 1811883
View media item 1811890

Now that we have seen the XXX, I like some things about it. The split heel-forefoot outsole and the one piece upper which return from the 29 are a good look in my book. I hope they do more with the upper tho and make some interesting pairs, it's basically the second coming of the 29. Also the grey color variation on the toe cap is a nice touch. Collar looks interesting too.

View media item 1811901
View media item 1811902

I think the heel could be shaped better. My daughter has the big kids version which has a more conventional looking sole design at the heel. They look quite good.
I'll def admit when I got them I was a little suspect on the heel stability for hooping, but it didn't end up being a problem. Just looked up the big kids version, hadn't seen those, I agree that they look legit.

I feel you fam. But people will always buy Jordan's. Damn shame the way they do consumers, but the consumer's support it regardless. Proud to say this has been the first year where I haven't given a single dollar to JB. If it weren't for those metallic 5s next year, I'd be going another year. :smh:

I feel you fam. But people will always buy Jordan's. Damn shame the way they do consumers, but the consumer's support it regardless. Proud to say this has been the first year where I haven't given a single dollar to JB. If it weren't for those metallic 5s next year, I'd be going another year.​
Same here!!  First year in a long time I haven't bought any JB.

I think the heel could be shaped better. My daughter has the big kids version which has a more conventional looking sole design at the heel. They look quite good.
i actually liked mine and it didn't hurt it was $80 or $90 at the outlet lol. the design was a great way to test out a new idea and tech (the spring blade inspired by the anputee atheletes was awesome), just didn't work out for the consumers who were more interested in everything retro. the performance and quality were superb on the 09 and probably the best quality ever on a Air Jordan. however the 2010 and 2011 felt like the performance aspect stood still, even tho they were probably still one of the best during those years.

to me the 2012 was by far the best basketball shoe performance wise until the xx8 came along, but due to the shoes not being accepted by most people as far as looks they were overlooked and underrated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom