AJ XXX (30)

This just came to me!!

So with the Galaxy/stars reference, if you guys look closely, the stars that are brighter, form the same pattern in both pictures. I think its the Aquarius constellation( MJ's bday is in Aquarius being February 17th)  and the star pattern of Aquarius is the pattern on the midsole.

Just a shot in the dark. What does everyone else think?

The earlier Jordan's Definitely built off of each other. There are similarities from the 1 and the 2. Then you have the 4 which built on the 3. Same with the 5 and 6, if you hold them side by side you can see what I am talking about. This also holds true for thr 7 and the 8. Lastley, the x and the xi have a similar profile. There are most definitely similarities between consecutive models.
Took the words outta my mouth..... I remember seeing the 9s for the first time and being pissed because they didn't build off the 8s.... I thought they were cheesy sneaker boots, man I wish we could go back to that instead of zippers, briefcases, 3 level boxes, a handtowel, and these 30s... outlet thread will have alot of these in a year.

I dig them. I only expect performance shoes over casual wear for Jordan's now. Once some people (not all) accept that, they'll have different expectations each year.

Naw you cant let nike get away with that.

Jordans in the past were about style and performance. If they are going to charge what they do you cant let them get away with the excuse of the shoe only being for performance.

If thats the case they need to retire the sig line already

People are trippin', these shoes are flames. I can't wait for them. Dudes are dissing the XXX already and they probably have XV's or some other whack shoes in their closet.

Jordans in the past were about style and performance. If they are going to charge what they do you cant let them get away with the excuse of the shoe only being for performance.

I think nike has been lazy for quite a while. When i look back to multiple kobes i dont know which one was which because many looked very much alike. Now the 11 look like some altered 9. Lebron 13 look uninspired. NIKE is losing its contract players. First Garnett, Wade, then Curry, and now Harden. Who is next?

I disagree, every shoe and I mean every shoe has causal appeal, but that's if you like the shoe then you can see it, if you don't then you won't see the casual appeal of the shoe, that's the bottom line and I mean that for every single shoe, I don't see the casual appeal of Sketcher's, or high designer shoes like Balecingas(SP) but the SIG  AJnline after X I can't see the casual appeal, I can't see it on X> because those are all ugly to "ME" but the XX8, XX9, were cool and "I" could see the casual appeal in those, I still want the XX8 Jokers and XX9 RW I've just been on other priorities to jump on them, but every shoe has casual appeal if you want it to

Air Jordans has always been designed with performance first style second. The casual appeal does not come from the shoe but individual style/personal opinions, some like certain models and some like others.

First Garnett, Wade, then Curry, and now Harden. Who is next?

None of them were worth it to Nike, and I don't blame them. Curry is the best one, and he was injured a lot before. He is doing well NOW, but we will see how long he lasts.

Curry was a mistake, plain and simple. Weren't Nike and UA only like a few million apart on their offers, and Nike chose not to match?

Curry was injured a lot but the season before UA signed him he had a great season.

Nike goofed on that one IMO

I still will try and reserve judgement until I see real pics from the unveiling. With that said I don't think they are that bad thus far depending on colorways to drop. I do wish they would make these new sigs for on and off court like how other Air Jordan's in the past could be worn. One dimensional shoe to me so far

I disagree, every shoe and I mean every shoe has causal appeal, but that's if you like the shoe then you can see it, if you don't then you won't see the casual appeal of the shoe, that's the bottom line and I mean that for every single shoe, I don't see the casual appeal of Sketcher's, or high designer shoes like Balecingas(SP) but the SIG  AJnline after X I can't see the casual appeal, I can't see it on X> because those are all ugly to "ME" but the XX8, XX9, were cool and "I" could see the casual appeal in those, I still want the XX8 Jokers and XX9 RW I've just been on other priorities to jump on them, but every shoe has casual appeal if you want it to

Very well said.
Personally i dislike the XV because they were both style and performance wise disappointing.
13, 14 and 16 were great to play basketball. Dont know why the XV sucked when it comes to comfort and courtfeel despite it was using zoom air and a midfoot shankplate.
I wear the air jordans 2012, 28 and 29 mostly casual. Dont care if other jordan consumers dont want to wear them casual and stick forever with aj 1 - 14.

Last edited:
Whatever the lebron 10's set up was worked wonders for me on the court, however I feel Kobes perform much "sleeker" on the court

Whatever the lebron 10's set up was worked wonders for me on the court, however I feel Kobes perform much "sleeker" on the court
Sleeker means more courtfeel due to lower profile and saving reaction time when doing quick steps?
Most lebrons are quite bulky. Not only the upper but the sole also quite massive.
The 11 are great though. Good combination of stability, durability, cushioning, grip and courtfeel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom