AJ XXX (30)

Poor communication skills... How can they say "we dont have time to work on the flight plate system", there isnt any communication manager at Nike/Jordan who checked the discussion axes? I would have suggested "our flight plate system is still the state of the art of basketball tech, so we pushed the innovation on the upper"

Reasoning for keeping the midsole the same was because they just don't have anything better than it yet apparently 

Yet you can reshape, add or remove details from the sole. Look at the sole of the 20 and the 21: both had the IPS cushioning system and yet the outsole design looked much different.
The final design shoes lack of redesign efforts. Even the 10 look more special than these.

If you're at work don't google jordan xxx 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Why the hell didn't they plan better to have enough time to design the 30th anniversary shoe? Inexplicable.

Yet you can reshape, add or remove details from the sole. Look at the sole of the 20 and the 21: both had the IPS cushioning system and yet the outsole design looked much different.
The final design shoes lack of redesign efforts. Even the 10 look more special than these.
I'm not arguing for them, just was stating what was said. I agree that it's a bit disappointing that they couldn't keep improving on it. 

Poor communication skills... How can they say "we dont have time to work on the flight plate system", there isnt any communication manager at Nike/Jordan who checked the discussion axes? I would have suggested "our flight plate system is still the state of the art of basketball tech, so we pushed the innovation on the upper"

Or a P.R. person? At least invite the guys with the blogs back for another open run and that will get them to say the best perfromance shoe ever or something. That's on par with the remastered nonsense when they basically said we knew we weren't giving our customers the best product.

It's like showing up to class for a semester long project when you were notified the first day of class and saying I didn't have enough time.

Last edited:

I'm not arguing for them, just was stating what was said. I agree that it's a bit disappointing that they couldn't keep improving on it. 
It might be a marketing / sales thing.. It could be that they didn't think the tooling for the midsole is worth the investment. Trying to get more off of the XX9 tool. Just my speculation. 

He said they have number 23, 6 all through the shoe. from all the pictures I cannot see anything. Anyone spot this yet.

BTW if you are a real Jordan collector the first colorways are always the ones you want.

Someone may have mentioned this already, but I'm hopefully they'll at least try to make up for the minor design changes by exploring way more upper possibilities.  That'll at least be cool to see.  Interested to see if they perform better.

I'm both pleased and underwhelmed. I think the jumpman on the toe cap is cool. We've never seen that before, and it's either 3M or holographic like. I still think they are going to do some crazy stuff on the upper too. I like the gr colorway more than the galaxy. I have a pair of ZX flux with a cooler galaxy pattern printed on them and they were only $50. I also think new colorways will look pretty dope. I think that Tinker seemed less than excited about the reveal, like with the "we didint' have enough time" comment. His lack of enthusiasm left me wanting more and i think it reveals how he truly feels about the shoe.

The
Why the hell didn't they plan better to have enough time to design the 30th anniversary shoe? Inexplicable.
I'm not convinced that upper was originally planned with that platform. Even the simple sketch notes look like "Plan B". It would have been better if they said they had something bigger planned that needed more time.

The XX8 reveal was treated like a new chapter in Air Jordan history. This one was..........flatlined...

Last edited:
haha red flags everywhere on our system :rofl:

I don't think they had a choice...they consistently have used roman numerals to identify their sigs + i don't think they'd want to give Chef Curry anymore shine by having 30's pop up in the google search engines every time someone checks for the new shoe.

btw, a billion dollar brand that didn't have enough time for their 30th signature?

Something doesn't add up

View media item 1868981

I really wish we could see what date is on that Tinker sketch - I'd love to see how behind schedule they were.

Back
Top Bottom