AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?

Someone here might appreciate these

Not sure if anyone still checks this thread... just got these in today. There isn't actually fakes from the 80's is there? Just off brand knock offs right? Do I have to do a legit check on these?

Also, anything I should know about care if I plan to wear them? I've read about leather conditioners, is that necessary? What type should I get, available in Canada? Also, is there anything that should be done with the inner collar cushioning to help prevent more degrading? Does that get in the way of wearing much?

Thanks for any help/insight! Love this thread and happy to have an actual contribution.

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Bbe...7-47B5-BAC5-F611236DE22E_zpsjcub6lr6.jpg.html

Fam throw em on feet JUST like that :nthat:

The back upper heel portion (blue panel) seems very dry, almost like the paint could crack and spider web out. Wondering if I need to do some of that leather conditioning before a wear... I like the worn in look, but don't want all the paint to fall off.

Not sure if anyone still checks this thread... just got these in today. There isn't actually fakes from the 80's is there? Just off brand knock offs right? Do I have to do a legit check on these?

Also, anything I should know about care if I plan to wear them? I've read about leather conditioners, is that necessary? What type should I get, available in Canada? Also, is there anything that should be done with the inner collar cushioning to help prevent more degrading? Does that get in the way of wearing much?

Thanks for any help/insight! Love this thread and happy to have an actual contribution.

http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Bbe...7-47B5-BAC5-F611236DE22E_zpsjcub6lr6.jpg.html

Very nice pick up. To answer your questions.

They did make fake og 1's. One were the Air Sangs, Pro Joggs, Honor Sports etc. Those are the more notable Chicago colorway which you can tell. For others that I have came across were mainly the black & white colorway along with breds, unc, and royals. Everything else it's pretty easy to tell it's legit. In this case you're good to go fam. You can tell it's fake by the padding on the inner collars and the short cut and the overall look.

For the leather and cushioning you mentioned, I condition mine majority of my og's that have leather uppers with Meguiars. Yeap the product that car heads use for interiors because it really does the job. Hope this helps!

You can get it at your local target, car auto shop walmart etc. if anything always available online. This is the one I use. Use a small amount and pat dry so it doesn't leave a super shiny glossy finish.

http://www.target.com/p/meguiar-s-g...y2Jrt7PV6Prp8nejAiV30aAkCu8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:
Those royals are lookin :smokin

I use natural Bees Wax to restore the leather on my 1s.. no residue, cleans, conditions n protects
Also, as mentioned by dunksrnice, blotching or patting is optimal with any product as to prevent further damage/colour loss

Thanks for the responses @dunksrnice and @manposite !

I was aware of the full on knockoffs like air sangs, but I've never seen pictures of actual fakes from back in the day trying to do exact replicas of the OG colors the way they do fakes now. Anyone have pics of those?

Also, any tips on returning moisture to the ankle padding, to make them soft? Mine haven't really crumbled, but they are pretty stiff, and worrying wear might make the inner padding crumble. Is it possible to make them soft again? Saw someone else here do a full soak of his pair in the sink... I feel like that's a risky move haha.

One more thing... I'm reading both stances on silica gel packs in the boxes with shoes... Some saying it's good, others saying it's bad. What's the take from OG 1 collectors?

Thanks again guys!

Not a problem man. Glad this thread is alive still. One of my favorites.

I was aware of the full on knockoffs like air sangs, but I've never seen pictures of actual fakes from back in the day trying to do exact replicas of the OG colors the way they do fakes now. Anyone have pics of those?
Here are two of my knock Jordans that I mentioned.

You can view all my other OG Jordan 1's and collection here;
http://www.dunksrnice.net/2015/09/dunksrnice-sneaker-collection-2015.html

As for fakes, there is a pair on ebay right now. Heres the common black and white pair thats pretty common.

Here's the link to the ebay auction where you can view more of the photos.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Jordan-...625973?hash=item1c700787b5:g:tdIAAOSwZVlXow1j

Also, any tips on returning moisture to the ankle padding, to make them soft? Mine haven't really crumbled, but they are pretty stiff, and worrying wear might make the inner padding crumble. Is it possible to make them soft again? Saw someone else here do a full soak of his pair in the sink... I feel like that's a risky move haha.

For soaking og jrodan 1s, I actually did it last year to my black and red 1's. The collars on that pair was brittle and if you pressed on the cushion ankle support it with basically crumble into tiny tiny bits. Some parts were like a sold chuck so I said well why not, they're going to do the same thing so I decided to do it. Although it didn't cure the small tiny parts because they still are the same but the larger areas did get better. So it really depends, basically a 50/50. Here are some photos. I did them in hot water and left it in the sink with Air Legends shoe cleaner for about 10 minutes. The vintage small it still there until this day and I wore them yesterday.

You can view the other photos herel
http://www.dunksrnice.net/2015/01/s005-ep105.html

As for the silica packs, I don't do it no more because with a lot of shoe restoration guides, tips and tricks. Before yellowed midsoles scuff marks were like a lost cause and didn't even know how to fix it the right way. Now a days I'm sure you seen great restorations and even midsole swaps on the 1's where heel drag isn't even a problem any more. So no I don't use it anymore. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
When talking about every shoe you will find peoples opinions on sizing differ. Saw so much back and forth on the new 2016 bred 1 where some said they went a full size down, to others half up... Everyone's foot is diff. Best to find someone that wears similar sizes to you in other sneakers, or try to average what people are saying about fit...

My 85's fit pretty similar to 2015/2016 remasters. Toe box of the newer remastered 1's might be just slightly roomier. I personally wouldn't size up or down.

E-mail from Nike:
"These infant shoes are called the 1985 Nike Sky Jordan Infantry. Although our system in which to find style numbers came out in the late 90's, the style number you provided could very well be the correct one. It just won't show up in our system. "

Can't find anything on the infant onesie.

No disrespect to the seller, but are these fake? Does something looks off about them? Maybe I'm just not use to seeing DS pairs haha. I know there was more than one factory making them in 85 as well, so maybe there's some slight variations. I've always wondered if actual comparable fakes were around in 85, not just blatant knock offs... or if counterfeiters in the last few years have tried to create fakes that resemble the 85 releases...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Jo...277993?hash=item4b0dcfee69:g:O5YAAOSw44BYSiIx

Last edited:
No disrespect to the seller, but are these fake? Does something looks off about them? Maybe I'm just not use to seeing DS pairs haha. I know there was more than one factory making them in 85 as well, so maybe there's some slight variations. I've always wondered if actual comparable fakes were around in 85, not just blatant knock offs... or if counterfeiters in the last few years have tried to create fakes that resemble the 85 releases...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Jo...277993?hash=item4b0dcfee69:g:O5YAAOSw44BYSiIx
im def no OG expert but those look like a legit pair in great condition. just warped from being in the box for that long probably.  hes got 100% feedback on shoe sales also. 

hey guys! 

headed to japan in April (Tokyo) and i was wondering what were the best spots for jordans? mainly looking for 1's of, course! Shattered Backboards and below, and also possibly some OG's!

Thanks guys. After holding these 85s. Nothing compares to the quality and leather on these 85 1s. But that's just my humble opinion

Back
Top Bottom