AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

Dont believe that one bit, makes no sense for them to use "better" leather, its JB we are talking about

I HAVE BOTH PAIRS AND I TOOK PICTURES OF THEM, WHY WOULD I MAKE THAT UP?????

Originally Posted by HAGS

Just to let everyone know Eastbay Rep Ray is AWESOME!! My order was canceled on eastbay and I posted on here. Within minutes I had a PM from him asking my customer number and order number. He looked into it and unfortunately they oversold a few sizes and I didn't get my 10.5 but he was able to get me an 8.5 (which i'll have to try and trade/sell) but I was impressed with customer service of Ray. He/they don't have to do this... He also got me a $20 giftcard. Know I wish I would have gotten my 10.5 and feel I still should have, Ray tried and at least was able to help me out a bit. Now, would FNL do this??? Thanks Ray!
glad u got a pack + gc
eastbay rep is awesome.

Originally Posted by Dark Skinned Jermaine

i wasnt fully convinced on copping these since all i wanted was the black pair and i already have the varsity reds so i decided to try my luck online and figured id just sell the white pair
was on the infrared page at eastbay 30 min. before midnight waiting for the add to cart icon came up
clicked it the second it poppped up and it gave me some page saying i had to wait 14 min. and to stay on the page
about 5 min. later it says theyre all sold out

of course everywhere else online was sold out too unless ur willing to pay a ridiculous amount

was kinda bummed but glad at the same time cuz i saved myself $310 all for just a different shade of red

congrats to everybody who copped their pair(s)

Thats good you didnt get them, waste of money imo, hype kills like crack. People just wanted the stupid color, JB delivered the JB way...lol

*Waste only if you HAVE a pair of either Varsity Reds

I think I'm officially done with this.

I knew it would be hard to get this pack due to the limited numbers, limited stores around me getting them, and demand.
I was still able to get a pack this morning in a size 9.5, and even though they do fit(my size is 10/10.5) this was the final straw for me. I'm not going through anything crazy for any pair of shoes(especially if they don't fit perfect, my fault though) and that includes lines, camping, changing sleeping patterns to wait overnight online with a quick trigger finger, etc. it's not worth it to me anymore.

I'm happy I did get a pack, it made me decide my time has passed along with everything I did before I graduated from college. You guys enjoy, I hope everyone got/gets their pack for a reasonable price by the end of everything, and remember to buy only what you really want and like. Don't settle for anything.

Originally Posted by JIMBO95

Yo beast!I should have said what up I had the AM 90 infareds on
I didn't even get my size I got a 11.5 oh well.

Was this to me? If so were you waiting in front of the entrance by Sears and Dillards?

Originally Posted by BigEli500

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

Dont believe that one bit, makes no sense for them to use "better" leather, its JB we are talking about

I HAVE BOTH PAIRS AND I TOOK PICTURES OF THEM, WHY WOULD I MAKE THAT UP?????

Just hard to believe considering the only difference between the black varsity and infrared is the shade of red. Why would they was money on improving one and not the other. Im have to see indepth pics, you took some right?

Love is blind

Just so you know for people in Dallas, they still have some pairs at the Towneast Mall. I know they have size 8 and 8.5 for sure, but the other sizes I don't know. I would go ahead and call.

Well it was an interesting morning.  After only about 3.5 hours of sleep, I decided to get up, and see if I could get my hands on a pack.  I've said several times I was unsure whether I truly want these, or whether the nostalgia is getting the better of me.  But I figured it's better to get a pack, and decide later, because once they're gone, that's it, where as if I DO have them, I can always get my money back out of them if I decide later that I don't want them.

So I get to the HOH in North Riverside IL at about 7:15 AM (store opens at 8 ).  Several people waiting that I recognized from having gotten tickets the night before, but over all, I'm surprised at how few people were there.  I had mentioned in my last post that the employee who was confirming the tickets last night said they still had 4 size 11s not spoken for, but refused to give me a ticket because I didn't get there by a certain time (sorry some of us have to work
tired.gif
).  I was also told the Footlocker a few stores down was also getting 1 of each size, so I figured I'd have a much better chance at HOH.  Well....I could see there were only 2 people hanging around Footlocker.  They opened at 7:30.  I patiently waited as I watched people walking over from Footlocker to HOH with several bags in their hands.  I started itching to go over there, but I kept thinking, "NO!  The minute you leave to go over there, the guy is going to come out and start forming lines, and you're going to be SOL".  So I continued to wait.  Well someone FINALLY comes out 5 minutes to, and says he needs everyone with tickets to form a line.  The 4 or 5 of us who didn't have tickets just kinda hung around since we weren't told what to do.  They started letting the ticket holders in........ONE PERSON AT A TIME, despite there being 4 employees.  I figured this was going to take forever, so I took a quick trip over to the Footlocker.  Now mind you, they have been open 30 minutes already at this point.  I asked if they had any 11s left, and was told sorry, but the guy they just rung up got the last ones.
mad.gif
  All they had was 8 and 8.5, though I was surprised there were any left at all.  Oh, and apparently, they were allowing 2 per customer, and judging by the number of bags/people I saw leaving there during that half hour, there was a lot more than 1 pack per size.

Anyhow, so at this point I'm a bit irritated knowing I could have just waltzed in there half an hour ago, and gotten 2 packs.  I go back over to HOH where someone FINALLY asks us what we're waiting on.  Me and another guy mention we don't have tickets, and he says we have to wait in the back of the line if we don't have tickets.  Thanks for mentioning that 10 minutes ago.  Oh well, not a big deal.  I was still first in line for those without tickets, and was confident I'd get my 11s since after all tickets were accounted for last night, there were still some available.  It literally took 45 minutes with this painful, *******t "one person at a time" process.  I could see absolutely no logical reason to this other than they wanted to promote the store with the line of people waiting as long as possible.  It shot any chance I had at shooting down to the Footlocker in the Fox Valley Mall to try for another pack.  At least I got my 11s (guy behind me got the last ones, so I don't know where the other 2 they supposedly had as of closing last night went), but I was not impressed by how HOH handled the whole thing at all.  Even for the tickets, you had to show up to get them, then had to come back to confirm your name, ticket # and size you wanted.  W T F?
indifferent.gif

I can see what that Will Rivera (I *think* that was his SN) was talking about when he mentioned something about HOH being pretty shady.  But this also goes to show that these were fairly easy to get here if you even made the slightest effort, despite the limited quantities these stores got.  I could have EASILY gotten another 2 packs at the Footlocker there, and possibly another one at the Footlocker in Fox Valley for a total of 4 packs (had I wanted that many) had they not done such a piss poor job this morning.

Copped from EASTBAY and from FTL.

All my homies got their pairs.

We all good in the hood over here.

Whenever a big release hits, it's like buy/sell/trade/split rules are thrown out the window....
smh.gif

My Story.

Got to Champs on 42nd ST at around 5oclock. There were maybe like 10 ppl ahead of me.They had chairs and were just sitting down chilling. So I held my boys spot down, and he went to cop chairs at modells down the block. They had a sale 2 for $15 lol. So we were in line chilling to about 9oclock. Champs dude came out and started to take names down and give the tickets out. It was very organized. He told us to come back at 11:30 to purchase them at midnight. So we went to go eat and chill. Came back and the line was longer with new faces, but I wasnt worried cuz I had my ticket. Surely enough at midnight, dude came out and started to call tickets. I needed a sz smaller but still copped the 9. Then my boy was able to get a pair for me online so its all good.

Shouts to champs.

Anyone in Houston- check Footaction Northline, They still had some sizes!
Dude there said he had some 9's, 10.5's, 11's...

Memphis,
Where in the Cleveland area did you end up picking them up at? I didn't even bother taking the trip up to cleveland (I'm in Akron and nowhere around here got em) since I got them online last night.

I woke up at 6am was at our local mall by 6:40.  To my surprise there was only 12 people there.  They opened up the doors at 7:25ish and I was able to grab my size and one for a friend.  This wasn't as bad as I thought.  I lucked out on NDC last nite too.  Ended up with 4 Packs. 2 for me and 2 for the homies.  Sorry to all that didn't get to cop.

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Copped from EASTBAY NDC and from FTL FTA

All my homies got their pairs.

fixed*

I see David went in, J went in, Joe went in, Will secured his pack
pimp.gif

Yo iHust1e did you get a pack? Not even sure if you wanted one
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

There was hype/chaos around these?

Arrived and stood in line for an hour before Foot Locker opened. I got the last pack, but only 1 guy was behind me in line.

Too bad size 8 isn't my size, though.

hahha did you read your statement? "was there hype/chaos around these" i assume it was meant to be sarcastic but you got the last pack that wasnt in your size so i would think its safe to say yes.
tongue.gif

I CAN NOT STAND PPL LIKE YOU!! IF I WAS BEHIND YOU AND YOU COPPED MY SIZE (THE LAST ONE ) AND YOU WORE A DIFFERENT SIZE YOU BESTA BELIVE YOUR DONE IN THE PARKING LOT SON!!!!!FOREALS IM AS SERIOUS AS A HEART ATTACK

the city was crazy!!!! but a easy pickup was able to get 2... COUPLE MALLS IN MY ARE STILL GOT A 10.5 FOR SALE FOR RETAIL!!! THEY MAYHEM WILL DIE DOWN AFTER THIS PACK.... now onto the NEXT ONE!!

I have to agree...why buy a pack you cant wear and someone else can? To me it makes no sense unless your gonna be a reseller.

Anyways I got my pair 10.5 last night on NDC, because in the Boston area these packs just cant be found. Anyone around Boston cop a pair this morning? Where?

It makes sense to get them even if they are not your size on a limited release because you have the possibility of trading with someone else in the same situation.

Originally Posted by m88tow

It makes sense to get them even if they are not your size on a limited release because you have the possibility of trading with someone else in the same situation.
Idk, i wear my kicks so thats why its doesnt make sense to me..besides I am on the older side on here and one of the few that were able to pickup the OG's in 1991 for $120.00 . I dont but every release...only ones MJ worn and in OG color ways.

Back
Top Bottom