Al Davis Passed Away.

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

RIP

A piece of The Nation died today.

That is exacty how I feel about this. Our image is forever changed. Rest in peace, Mr. Davis. The Raiders and the Raider Nation will remember you forever.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Woah...wow
lane-kiffin-raider.jpg
Your credibility and his will always be in question. Al Davis still had a better winning season as the Raider coach and GM at 33 than Kiffin had in his tenure as coach. Kill yourself. 

Originally Posted by Caerus

Woah...wow
lane-kiffin-raider.jpg

+*%! idiot.  And you wonder why you continued to get bashed on this site.

R.I.P Al.  This was the best team he's had in some time too.

Originally Posted by aepps20

I respected him even more when he exposed Lane.

Classic TV right there. He had his notes and everything ready
laugh.gif

R.I.P AL.

Same dudes that were wishing death on him and making jokes the last 5 years are on here getting mad at dude.

Disgusting
30t6p3b.gif

RIP to the Greatest man the NFL has ever seen.

RIP one of the first people who opened up the doors for minorities.
Texans are about to get destroyed tomorrow.

Originally Posted by LB510

RIP one of the few people who opened up the doors for minorities.
Woah... Let's not get carried away now...

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

I'm saying
laugh.gif

Just because Al died they're destroying the Texans? Oh
laugh.gif
roll.gif

RIP to an AFL/NFL Legend.

I find it funny that people are doing a complete 180 on Al, even though he's been a joke the past 5-8 years. Look, RoOk has no credibility with me,
laugh.gif
, but y'all are fools for blasting him. Every draft day thread was filled with Al Davis jokes. Some making jabs at him already being dead, crypt keeper, countless pictures, tomfoolery, some people going as far as saying it was time for him to die.

Now he "sonned" CLK
laugh.gif
that made Al look crazy, he was blasted in the media and message boards. It was a joke, it truly showed Al was out of touch. The Raiders destroying the Texans cause Al passed? The team currently on the field had little interaction with him.

Originally Posted by JD214

I'm saying
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Remember what Favre did to Oakland right after his pop died?  It's funny how that works so I actually wouldn't be surprised if Houston does get destroyed.  Stuff just seems to go that way a lot of the time.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

RIP to an AFL/NFL Legend.

I find it funny that people are doing a complete 180 on Al, even though he's been a joke the past 5-8 years. Look, RoOk has no credibility with me,
laugh.gif
, but y'all are fools for blasting him. Every draft day thread was filled with Al Davis jokes. Some making jabs at him already being dead, crypt keeper, countless pictures, tomfoolery, some people going as far as saying it was time for him to die.

Now he "sonned" CLK
laugh.gif
that made Al look crazy, he was blasted in the media and message boards. It was a joke, it truly showed Al was out of touch. The Raiders destroying the Texans cause Al passed? The team currently on the field had little interaction with him.

The criticism was warranted, no doubt. It's only natural that when someone of Al's stature passes away, people focus on transcendent things Al did that revolutionzed the game. Nothing wrong with that.

He should've retired a long time ago and he was out of touch, but he's gone now and the NFL wouldn't be what it is today without him.

Absolutely great man, did a lot for racial equality in the NFL

I can't front, I cracked jokes on the dude but thats the owner/fan relationship.
At the end of the day, Mr. Davis was the biggest Raiders fan in the world and he just wanted to win. Something you can't say about a lot of owners.

RIP to the man...

No matter your feeling on him over the past decade or so, that still shouldn't overshadow his impact on the game of football that spanned over 60 years. I think the latter is lost amongst MANY Raiders/NFL fans who had little-to-no clue of Davis' contributions to the NFL. It's a "what have you done for me lately?" type of league, and there are A LOT of detractors who are now pulling a 180 in his passing. I got no issue w. paying respects, but if you're one of the people who constantly cracked jokes about his appearance/health/etc, at least mention you did so instead of pulling this charade like you actually cared before 10am today.

Again, RIP.

Wow, just wow. I just watched the 30 for 30 about the Raiders. I knew Al made great contributions to the league but didn't know to what extent. He was a boss back in the day
laugh.gif
Great man, trully missed.

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by JD214

I'm saying
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Remember what Favre did to Oakland right after his pop died?  It's funny how that works so I actually wouldn't be surprised if Houston does get destroyed.  Stuff just seems to go that way a lot of the time.

That's Favre though,

It won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom