All 144 NikeTalk New Era fitted caps have been SOLD. Thank you for your support!

meth dont take my comments as negative, i WANT these hats successful, i just feel that more of a allotment of bigger sizes should've been emphasized

since da fact of da matter is fitted enthusiasts tend to all rock big sizes.

and here's where da back quote comes from...

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Can someone explain the "do you know" to me, rather than reply with pissy, sarcastic remarks also?

Man I don't honestly know either 
embarassed.gif

I thought it was a flip on the "Bo Knows" campaign from the late 80s (hence the "NT Knows" tee) but I'm not sure. 
frown.gif

168868-know_someone_looks_someone_famous.jpg

Smh @ some of yall..
spikeleespeaks.JPG

"See what I was saying was..." 
embarassed.gif

how the hell you guys talkin' about "showing your age"...that commercial came out in 91! i'm 22 and was only 3 when that dropped 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

how the hell you guys talkin' about "showing your age"...that commercial came out in 91! i'm 22 and was only 3 when that dropped 
roll.gif
Exactly.  Dang noobs
laugh.gif

And how dont you guys know about it anyways??? 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

roll.gif

laugh.gif

meth dont take my comments as negative, i WANT these hats successful, i just feel that more of a allotment of bigger sizes should've been emphasized

since da fact of da matter is fitted enthusiasts tend to all rock big sizes.
I would tend to think that the Cap City crew knows their business.  The size distribution is based on experience and hard sales data rather than supposition.  Adjustments made for any future offerings will be based on this release.  We'll see what sizes run out of stock first.  
I'd love it if everyone had the ability to purchase their preferred size, but preorders really weren't a realistic option for this product and when we've offered that in the past it just hasn't worked out very well.  People don't want to pay up front for something they won't receive for 3 months, and the lead time for caps is even larger than for the t-shirts.  If they sell out in 5 minutes we'll think about getting an alternate colorway going, but I wouldn't take anything for granted.  If everyone just sits on the sidelines hoping for something else, all of these adjustment ideas become moot.  144 caps currently exist and, at the moment, no more are in production.  We'll keep a close eye on how this release plays out and go from there.  
Nice, patch is OD though. Can somebody explain why it's so big?

The patch is a little larger than was indicated on the design sheet.  I suspect it's due to the detail.  You can only get so much "resolution" out of a needle and thread.  If you have to choose between making it small and jacked up or large and well realized, most would opt for the latter and that's how it worked out.  
The cap was originally intended to help mark a decade of NikeTalk, and the real target was the dedicated regulars who've been with us from the jump.  These are people who, by and large, grew up in the 80's and a lot of the details will speak to them.  Growing up, I had a Chicago Bulls cap with a big Eastern Conference patch on the side and a green underbrim, so this was a design that hit home with me right away.  Too often we see people basically fake it and get away with it when it comes to authenticity.  Look at how many people scoop up Jordan and Nike retros that don't even use the correct colors or materials - and because the people who work there often don't even know any better.  The reason that at least the box for the recent AJ 3 retros is correct, for example, is because JumpmanSt loaned out pieces of his own personal collection as reference material.  We'd rather create a product that's true to our experience and expectations than just act as slaves to trend.  We could do the same cap as everyone else.. but then it really wouldn't be a NikeTalk cap.

$44 bucks?!?! And it isnt wool or whatever the material the new MLB hats are?!?! Easy pass.

If you guys wanted a gas station snapback, sorry... we're not doing that.  We went first class and had New Era custom produce 59Fifty fitted caps instead.  That's what they cost.  
If you're upset about the use of cotton twill instead of wool, you can blame me for that.  I believe cotton is the more ethical and environmentally conscious choice there.  I don't want to sell something that I myself wouldn't wear - and I don't wear wool.  The myth that sheep require human aid to remove excess wool is a product of selective breeding. Obviously sheep wouldn't do very well from an evolutionary standpoint if they grew thicker coats than they needed and succumbed to heat exhaustion without the intervention of a pair of shears. Most species of sheep shed their wool naturally. Shearing a sheep - however comfortably (or uncomfortably) leaves that sheep in a very vulnerable state. To harvest as much as possible, they're sheared while it's still cold out, causing many to die of exposure. Most shearing is performed by workers paid by volume - not by the hour - which promotes a quick and dirty process in which sheep are handled roughly and harmed.  

The majority of commercial wool comes from Merino sheep, bred for their wrinkled skin (more surface area, more wool) and inability to naturally shed like other sheep. They're frequently raised in warm weather climates, like Australia or the middle east, where these traits are ill adapted to the environment. What's worse, flies can lay eggs in the folds of a sheep's skin in these warm climates. When the eggs hatch, the maggots begin to eat the sheep alive. To prevent this, "mulesing," which entails stripping flesh from the area around a sheep's tail and hind quarters, is performed - of course without any anesthetic. Holes are punched in sheeps' ears, males are often castrated, and tails are routinely docked.  

Sheep raised for wool rarely ever die of "natural causes." They're often killed for meat or exported live for the purpose of ritual sacrifice. Wool, too, is often harvested from killed sheep - this is referred to as "pulled wool."  

Given that, I'm sure you can see why I'd prefer to utilize an alternative material if at all possible.  I think the cotton twill looks great and it also breathes better, which I'm sure will be appreciated by those of you who look forward to wearing the cap in warm weather.  It wasn't a cost issue and it didn't save us any money.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Can someone explain the "do you know" to me, rather than reply with pissy, sarcastic remarks also?

Man I don't honestly know either 
embarassed.gif

I thought it was a flip on the "Bo Knows" campaign from the late 80s (hence the "NT Knows" tee) but I'm not sure. 
frown.gif

168868-know_someone_looks_someone_famous.jpg

Smh @ some of yall..

That's probably the best stoneface execution I've ever seen. Good job.

Any word on how New Era sized these?
They are always so inconsistent...

I want a 3/4, but sometimes they fit like an 8..

yo meth, u probably allready adressed ths but u should ban anyone tryin to resell these haha

Its about time we got this fitted.

And thankfully it came out dope!
pimp.gif

An attempt to cop will be made.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Any word on how New Era sized these?
They are always so inconsistent...

I want a 3/4, but sometimes they fit like an 8..

Exactly what I came in to ask.

Appreciate the efforts mods, but how on earth did it take you guys three years to put this cap together but you still didn't check the size of the badge as it would be on a finished product?  Random Joe Schmo streetwear companies put out multiple New Eras every season that leave this cap in the dust.  Couldn't you just consult one of the many many members on this board who have experience for help?

For those asking about sizing, I wear a 7 3/4 and the fit is consistent with my other fitteds so I'd recommend getting your true size.  For those asking about 144, it's the minimum custom order required by New Era.  As far as the size breakdown, I left that up to Cap City.  Im no expert as to what sizes sell best so we went with a typical CC order, but I suggested cutting some of the smaller sizes for larger sizes based on the NTers that post regularly in the fitted thread.  If anyone is to take blame for the total lack of size 7s, its me.

Im not making promises, but if these sell well, you might see another NT fitted in the future.  With that said, this version is a one time release only.
For those trying to order more than 1, you're order might get through, but Ive instructed Cap City to cancel any such orders so please dont risk it.

<>

Back
Top Bottom