All 144 NikeTalk New Era fitted caps have been SOLD. Thank you for your support!

1. The 144 only ... was that bcuz you guys ordered 150, then kept 6 for the staff?

2. For the second run, would you offer us the chance to have our screen name embroidered on the side for an extra 5 bucks?

3. Given the crispness of the embroidery on the hat... is there an option/opportunity for this on the shirts as well ?
1.  144 represents the TOTAL amount produced.  (A dozen dozens.)
2.  I don't believe that's feasible.  The product is ordered in bulk, New Era doesn't offer the ability to customize every single hat.  We'd have to add that ourselves after the fact and we don't have the equipment to do so.

3.  I don't think New Era will make hoodies for us, so their embroidery isn't an option for other products.  

ALSO, what's good with the NT tee for this year?

Our efforts this year were focused on the caps.  We might do another shirt one day if there's overwhelming demand.  For now, we do have a full size run of the NT Alpha design available on store.niketalk.com in case anyone would like one to go with the caps.  

Looks good, international shipping?

ecapcity.com does offer international shipping options.  Refer to their website for details:  http://www.ecapcity.com/customer-service

MODS - Can y'all reserve some for buy/sell moderators? I know a lot of us go out of our way to help make the buy/sell forums what it is today. I know we'd appreciate that.

Yes, interested buy/sell guides should contact me - but must observe our 1 per person limit on staff orders.  As I mentioned earlier, even Nelson C and I are only getting one cap each to leave as many as possible for others.

the hat would be perfect without the do you know or side emblem

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't on that.  If you just put the NT logo on the front and nothing else, people will get on you for being completely unimaginative.  
With anything, you can't please 100% of people because often people's tastes and interests are in conflict.  When you try to please everyone, you come out with something that's middling and unambitious.  We'd rather have a strong vision in mind and stay true to that.  I think Rajah did a great job with the design and it seems like a lot of our fellow members agree with that.  

Why not make them widely available? More money for charity?

It's free to say you want something.  We're interested in seeing what the actual level of demand is for a product like this, so we started small to minimize our exposure.  Investing in a warehouse full of unsold products = less money for charity.  Traditionally, users have dramatically overstated their level of interest in apparel products.  Given that, micro-releases make more sense for us.  If this one goes well, perhaps we'll do another.  If not, at least we won't lose money on the gamble. 
Also, curious about the proceeds going to charity deal. So who foot the bill on these hats then? CC or NKETLK admin and mods?

Sales will cover the production costs, so no one will be stuck with the bill on this.  The profit generated will go to charity, so everyone wins. 
is there some back story behind "do you know" that im not aware of?

I take it you're not a big sneaker fan and/or you were born in the 90's.

and yall should have made the thread when they went on sale like a quick strike since there is a small numbernow its causing hype and somethings gonna happen where some dude gets like 100 of them 

We considered doing a "quickstrike" release, but the goal was to give everyone a fair chance.  This is something people have been asking us for literally for years now.  It's a bit harsh to have it sell out one random night and tell people, "Oh, you weren't here at 2 am on a Wednesday?  Sorry about that.  I guess you missed out."  Even if everyone who wants one can't get one, at least everyone interested has a chance.  
If demand far exceeds what we were able to produce, we'll see what we can do to undercut the aftermarket gouging, but I wouldn't take a second series for granted.  We'll wait and see how these do. 
pricey....yeah, those lil sizes are gonna sit for that money.

That's standard retail.  If you want a genuine New Era cap, that's what it costs. 
Sometimes you guys sound like Agnes Skinner at the grocery store:  "I want everything in one bag!  And I don't want the bag to be heavy!"  "Uh, I don't think that's possible...."  "What are you, the possible police?  JUST DO IT!"

Green underbrim should have been grey. Patch is horrid. Back is terrible. Do you know? C'mon. Should have had a small NT logo on the back, red New Era on the side and no patch. Ya'll did too much. Simple designs > __________

Would you guys consider taking suggestions and ideas for future projects? Maybe we can vote on designs? That may increase sales if the most popular voted merchandise gets put into production. Just an idea. Great job on the hat none the less.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Sometimes you guys sound like Agnes Skinner at the grocery store:  "I want everything in one bag!  And I don't want the bag to be heavy!"  "Uh, I don't think that's possible...."  "What are you, the possible police?  JUST DO IT!"
laugh.gif

damn so I gotta play the game again to get something I want...looking to see how many get re-sold

I'm def gon pull my XVI's and Playoff VIII's to rock w/ this. We get any wording on sizing? might've missed the post. Def don't wanna cop too small or too big

Im gonna cop to support the site, but probably wont rock (dont really dig the patch). it will be a nice display hat though
smile.gif

green underbill 
sick.gif
wack

$44 for a hat
sick.gif

yall probably had them wool too. we on that poly now

patch is fine but way too oversized. im sure the hypebeasts will eat these up though.

If dudes are unhappy with it, don't buy it. That's what half of you whine about concerning sneakers. Same applies here.

$44 bucks?!?! And it isnt wool or whatever the material the new MLB hats are?!?! Easy pass.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Can someone explain the "do you know" to me, rather than reply with pissy, sarcastic remarks also?

Man I don't honestly know either 
embarassed.gif

I thought it was a flip on the "Bo Knows" campaign from the late 80s (hence the "NT Knows" tee) but I'm not sure. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

$44 bucks?!?! And it isnt wool or whatever the material the new MLB hats are?!?! Easy pass.

Werd.  Cool idea, but it looks like a Swap Meet special
laugh.gif

Oh and the patches need some work.  Hopefully the redesign is better.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Can someone explain the "do you know" to me, rather than reply with pissy, sarcastic remarks also?

embarassed.gif

I thought it was a flip on the "Bo Knows" campaign from the late 80s (hence the "NT Knows" tee) but I'm not sure. 
frown.gif

168868-know_someone_looks_someone_famous.jpg

Smh @ some of yall..

some of ya givin ya ages away if ya dunno where "do you know?" comes from..
laugh.gif

i love da "oversized" patch....ya probably think its over sized cuz its da brightest thing on da hat besides da front logo and da bright colors

make it stand out.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

bijald0331 wrote:

Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul wrote:

embarassed.gif

frown.gif

168868-know_someone_looks_someone_famous.jpg

Smh @ some of yall..

MIGHT RUIN THE PARTY HERE BUT IT SAVES YA'LL SOME EMBARRASSMENT. HAT IS MINE EITHER WAY!
Spoiler [+]

Back
Top Bottom