All-encompassing Cleveland Indians thread. 46 days until Opening Day.

I'm not giving up hope. Like our skipper said, wake me up when were technically out of it.

30+ games left; anything can happen..   

sick.gif

I'm not giving up hope. Like our skipper said, wake me up when were technically out of it.

30+ games left; anything can happen..   

sick.gif

The fairy tale is over. There will be no run with this active team.

And now Choo hurt himself warming up today.

Besides that, Jimenez is an average American League starter, Tomlin, overall, is average, Carmona is Carmona and the fifth starter, whomever it may be, has ran out of luck.

The fairy tale is over. There will be no run with this active team.

And now Choo hurt himself warming up today.

Besides that, Jimenez is an average American League starter, Tomlin, overall, is average, Carmona is Carmona and the fifth starter, whomever it may be, has ran out of luck.

You know what always cheers me up, though?

Quantifying just how bad Matt LaPorta is at baseball.

Of 230 players with at least 300 plate appearances this season, he is 223rd in WAR (wins above replacement).
Wins Above Replacement (WAR) is an attempt by the sabermetric community to summarize a player's total contributions to their team in one statistic. You should always use more than one metric at a time when evaluating players, but WAR is pretty darn all-inclusive and provides a handy reference point. WAR basically looks at a player and asks the question, "If this player got injured and their team had to replace them with a minor leaguer or someone from their bench, how much value would the team be losing?" This value is expressed in a wins format, so we could say that Player X is worth 6.3 wins to their team while Player Y is only worth 3.5 wins.
He is worth -0.8 wins.

To give you a barometer, Orlando Cabrera posted a -0.6 with the Indians. Adam Dunn is the absolute worst (-2.3).

You know what always cheers me up, though?

Quantifying just how bad Matt LaPorta is at baseball.

Of 230 players with at least 300 plate appearances this season, he is 223rd in WAR (wins above replacement).
Wins Above Replacement (WAR) is an attempt by the sabermetric community to summarize a player's total contributions to their team in one statistic. You should always use more than one metric at a time when evaluating players, but WAR is pretty darn all-inclusive and provides a handy reference point. WAR basically looks at a player and asks the question, "If this player got injured and their team had to replace them with a minor leaguer or someone from their bench, how much value would the team be losing?" This value is expressed in a wins format, so we could say that Player X is worth 6.3 wins to their team while Player Y is only worth 3.5 wins.
He is worth -0.8 wins.

To give you a barometer, Orlando Cabrera posted a -0.6 with the Indians. Adam Dunn is the absolute worst (-2.3).

Sounds like they may have very well claimed either Thome, Kubel, or Pena. I would have been excited about this two days ago.

Pena makes the most sense, from a baseball standpoint. If they feel like they are done, then either Thome for the attendance, or no one at all.

It was said earlier that the White Sox claimed Thome, but now there is some dispute. If it is true, my guess is either Kubel, or no one. Can't see them trying for Pena, even if it is the best option. He would cost the most, and they are probably too far gone now to make that risk.

Hilarious stat: They struck out 16 times in a nine-inning game for the second time this season today. That had happened four times total in the past 90 years.

Sounds like they may have very well claimed either Thome, Kubel, or Pena. I would have been excited about this two days ago.

Pena makes the most sense, from a baseball standpoint. If they feel like they are done, then either Thome for the attendance, or no one at all.

It was said earlier that the White Sox claimed Thome, but now there is some dispute. If it is true, my guess is either Kubel, or no one. Can't see them trying for Pena, even if it is the best option. He would cost the most, and they are probably too far gone now to make that risk.

Hilarious stat: They struck out 16 times in a nine-inning game for the second time this season today. That had happened four times total in the past 90 years.

Pena, if we wanna make a strong finish and think we can still do it. Thome, for novelty and the fans.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
. #MakingHistorySomehow.

Brb....going fishing.

Pena, if we wanna make a strong finish and think we can still do it. Thome, for novelty and the fans.

eek.gif

laugh.gif
. #MakingHistorySomehow.

Brb....going fishing.

Mad random; but I seen Acta at the movies in Crocker Park in Westlake. Said whats up to him, talked for a quick second. Didn't mention baseball, something told me not to.

No one really noticed him
laugh.gif
. Dude seemed to be having a good time. Smiling and laughing it up with this little bad Puerto Rican chick 
devil.gif

Mad random; but I seen Acta at the movies in Crocker Park in Westlake. Said whats up to him, talked for a quick second. Didn't mention baseball, something told me not to.

No one really noticed him
laugh.gif
. Dude seemed to be having a good time. Smiling and laughing it up with this little bad Puerto Rican chick 
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom